Georgia 7A Football Predictions 2020

ngdawg

Just now, ngdawg said:

Well here's one thing I can say for sure. Anyone who follows GA football knows that North Gwinnett is a very good team. However, we have only had 1 person transfer into our school for football in the past 5 years. In fact, he hasn't even played a down of varsity football yet. To offset this gain, one player even transferred out of our school to a nearby school that is nowhere near the level of a great team. North Gwinnett does not recruit players yet we manage to tread deep into playoffs year after year. The only notable transfer cases I've heard about are to Westlake (GA) and Valdosta (GA). There's no point generalizing Georgia public high schools as "poachers" because you would be factually incorrect.

Lmao Grayson Marietta 😂 I’m done here obviously I’m wasting my time with someone on a national board who doesn’t even know the football being played in his own backyard 

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lmao Grayson Marietta 😂 I’m done here obviously I’m wasting my time with someone on a national board who doesn’t even know the football being played in his own backyard 

Marietta is back to being mediocre. If you knew, even with Harrison Bailey in 2018, Marietta struggled. At this point, it doesn't even matter how many transfers Marietta gets because they won't nearly be as good as they were last year. Grayson and Westlake just benefitted off an exodus from McEachern, an exodus led by Carlos Del Rio's transfer to Grayson and Decari Collins's transfer to Westlake. Having played a 12-0 McEachern team in last year's playoffs, Del Rio is above average but not outstanding. Even if transfers occur, which they don't at high levels as they do across the country, they don't mean as much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If I remember correctly, you are from New Jersey (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Why do you think I don't know what football is being played in my own backyard, even after I've made it clear that I have attended several games over the years? You are entitled to your opinion, but there's no point criticizing me if you've never watched a game of Georgia football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

If I remember correctly, you are from New Jersey (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Why do you think I don't know what football is being played in my own backyard, even after I've made it clear that I have attended several games over the years? You are entitled to your opinion, but there's no point criticizing me if you've never watched a game of Georgia football.

Unfortunately I probably seen more Ga games last year then u

GPB and NFHS 4 Life

Unfortunately I probably seen more Ga games last year then u

GPB and NFHS 4 Life

I don't doubt that but still, I do go to every game for my school (home and away) and I stream other games on my phone. I'm not entirely clueless on the subject.

21 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Well here's one thing I can say for sure. Anyone who follows GA football knows that North Gwinnett is a very good team. However, we have only had 1 person transfer into our school for football in the past 5 years. In fact, he hasn't even played a down of varsity football yet. To offset this gain, one player even transferred out of our school to a nearby school that is nowhere near the level of a great team. North Gwinnett does not recruit players yet we manage to tread deep into playoffs year after year. The only notable transfer cases I've heard about are to Westlake (GA) and Valdosta (GA). There's no point generalizing Georgia public high schools as "poachers" because you would be factually incorrect.

Left Grayson Marietta and Archer off of there but you are right. Out of state people can't understand the level of talent in Georgia.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

So simply because 1 New Jersey team beats one Georgia team, that means Georgia has no talent/lesser talent? That was a down year for Grayson by their standards, and yet they still made the quarterfinals and lost to a talented Lowndes team by 5. Just because we don't have the nationally popular teams (name-wise) doesn't mean we have no talent. Congratulations! Bergen Catholic can celebrate beating the 12th best team in Georgia that year.

5 hours ago, ngdawg said:

What about that linebacker from Peachtree Ridge on your Ship team in 17?

Did we forget that one?

bgw

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

What about that linebacker from Peachtree Ridge on your Ship team in 17?

Did we forget that one?

bgw

Didn't even know we had one, do you remember what his name was? If his name isn't Jayden McDonald, then he didn't really contribute to our team.

On 6/17/2020 at 9:56 AM, ngdawg said:

Absolutely love the hatred towards North Gwinnett (especially from Colquitt fans). And yes, I am an honor roll student who has taken quite a bit of AP classes. That 2017 state championship game was what got me into high school football, so I guess I have Colquitt to thank for this. Also, I'm a guy. 

Hey since you follow NG, I was wondering if you happened to catch the NG vs Armwood game last year.   There really wasn't much film or highlights of this game.   How did the teams match up?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Hey since you follow NG, I was wondering if you happened to catch the NG vs Armwood game last year.   There really wasn't much film or highlights of this game.   How did the teams match up?

Honestly, best game I've ever seen in my life. And I've watched a state championship end on a game-winning field goal with no time left. The first half was really dry and defensive. But in the third quarter both teams picked it up. However, most people go to concessions during 3rd quarter at our school (I don't know why exactly), so many people missed out on the action. However, the end of the 4th quarter onwards was amazing! Right before Armwood got the game tying touchdown, I distinctly remember one of their WRs had to get carried away in an ambulance after falling hard. But once overtime kicked in, it was lit up. Armwood could have won the game easily but they committed a holding penalty and a pass interference which forced them to settle for a field goal, 23-20. And then on the first play of the next overtime drive, North Gwinnett's QB JR Martin lateraled it to WR Josh Downs, who squared up and threw it to TE DJ Hart for the game-winning touchdown. But I have to say, had this game been played anywhere else or anytime earlier, Armwood would have won. I say anytime earlier because this win for North Gwinnett lit a fire under them and led to a 12 game win streak. However, I'd have to say these two teams were the most equally matched teams I've seen. What I mean is, if you are a Florida high school football fan and want to know how good North Gwinnett is, simply look at Armwood. Both teams are almost equal. And both teams brought their A game, which made for an instant classic. It sucks that there aren't any highlights because that game was legendary.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Honestly, best game I've ever seen in my life. And I've watched a state championship end on a game-winning field goal with no time left. The first half was really dry and defensive. But in the third quarter both teams picked it up. However, most people go to concessions during 3rd quarter at our school (I don't know why exactly), so many people missed out on the action. However, the end of the 4th quarter onwards was amazing! Right before Armwood got the game tying touchdown, I distinctly remember one of their WRs had to get carried away in an ambulance after falling hard. But once overtime kicked in, it was lit up. Armwood could have won the game easily but they committed a holding penalty and a pass interference which forced them to settle for a field goal, 23-20. And then on the first play of the next overtime drive, North Gwinnett's QB JR Martin lateraled it to WR Josh Downs, who squared up and threw it to TE DJ Hart for the game-winning touchdown. But I have to say, had this game been played anywhere else or anytime earlier, Armwood would have won. I say anytime earlier because this win for North Gwinnett lit a fire under them and led to a 12 game win streak. However, I'd have to say these two teams were the most equally matched teams I've seen. What I mean is, if you are a Florida high school football fan and want to know how good North Gwinnett is, simply look at Armwood. Both teams are almost equal. And both teams brought their A game, which made for an instant classic. It sucks that there aren't any highlights because that game was legendary.

Good shit man thanks.  Wish I could have watched it.   Had to follow twitter feeds.   Yeah I think I remember seeing a clip of that play.   He was about to catch a TD but got LIT UP.   Looked like a legit pass breakup (not dirty) too. 

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Good shit man thanks.  Wish I could have watched it.   Had to follow twitter feeds.   Yeah I think I remember seeing a clip of that play.   He was about to catch a TD but got LIT UP.   Looked like a legit pass breakup (not dirty) too. 

From what I saw, that was an entirely clean hit. But that stadium went dead silent for him. I think everyone, regardless of which team you supported at the time, was praying for him.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Didn't even know we had one, do you remember what his name was? If his name isn't Jayden McDonald, then he didn't really contribute to our team.

I don’t remember the name, sat out jr year, was a commit to Rutgers I think, flipped to Iowa. Had a strong game in the Ship, led the the team in tackles that game, had a QB hurry and a sack. 

bgw

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I don’t remember the name, sat out jr year, was a commit to Rutgers I think, flipped to Iowa. Had a strong game in the Ship, led the the team in tackles that game, had a QB hurry and a sack. 

bgw

Yep, that's him! Jayden McDonald was a beast, yet I never knew he was a transfer. Thanks for letting me know.

20 hours ago, ngdawg said:

So simply because 1 New Jersey team beats one Georgia team, that means Georgia has no talent/lesser talent? That was a down year for Grayson by their standards, and yet they still made the quarterfinals and lost to a talented Lowndes team by 5. Just because we don't have the nationally popular teams (name-wise) doesn't mean we have no talent. Congratulations! Bergen Catholic can celebrate beating the 12th best team in Georgia that year.

Didnt you know? NJ is a football powerhouse state. lmao

4 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Didnt you know? NJ is a football powerhouse state. lmao

A powerhouse that consists of Bergen Catholic, Don Bosco Prep and...well, I'm having trouble thinking of any more teams. How odd. It's DEFINITELY not like Georgia has Grayson, Colquitt County, Lowndes, Valdosta, Buford, etc.

• Haha 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

A powerhouse that consists of Bergen Catholic, Don Bosco Prep and...well, I'm having trouble thinking of any more teams. How odd. It's DEFINITELY not like Georgia has Grayson, Colquitt County, Lowndes, Valdosta, Buford, etc.

Don Bosco prep ST Joes, Bergen Catholic St Peters prep , Paramus Catholic 

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Don Bosco prep ST Joes, Bergen Catholic St Peters prep , Paramus Catholic 

OK, to be honest, I've only heard of a St. Joseph's from Pennsylvania. But sure, some NJ teams are pretty good, but I still believe Georgia plays better high school football. Just my two cents.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Don’t forget to add Richmond hill to that mighty list since they bitch slapped Valdookie 

Don’t forget to add Richmond hill to that mighty list since they bitch slapped Valdookie 

Richmond Hill may be added to that "mighty list" if they played in NJ. In Georgia, they're simply considered above average. But this is fun, though.

• Like 1