Georgia 7A Football Predictions 2020

ngdawg

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lol 😝 if you thought last year was bad at picking BNU games wait till this year , might as well flip a coin for winner cause Bergen Bosco Joes and Peters   All loaded all got D1 QBs under center

whos ever got the best coach that day will win the game

The BNU and Ohio are the toughest to pick every year. I will just start flipping coins for those games from now on...lol

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Why are BNU games so unpredictable? Most everywhere else in the country, it's relatively easy to pick one or two teams who could win. Seems like in Jersey everyone's a potential contender.

Their all rilvary games so you know the crazy shit that goes down in these games

all schools are 5-10 miles from each other

for instance BC was beating Joes and driving in their RedZone late in 4th then stuff like this happens 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Why are BNU games so unpredictable? Most everywhere else in the country, it's relatively easy to pick one or two teams who could win. Seems like in Jersey everyone's a potential contender.

SPP, Bosco, SJR and BC it seems now.

If I remember correctly, the shine is coming off the privates, some of these studs are migrating back to publics.

@imaGoodBoyNow would know more.

bgw

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Their all rilvary games so you know the crazy shit that goes down in these games

all schools are 5-10 miles from each other

for instance BC was beating Joes and driving in their RedZone late in 4th then stuff like this happens 

Number 12 got some serious speed for his size, woah.

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

SPP, Bosco, SJR and BC it seems now.

If I remember correctly, the shine is coming off the privates, some of these studs are migrating back to publics.

@imaGoodBoyNow would know more.

bgw

8 years ago every Baller in NY and NJ  played at Bosco , then their Rush Propst got fired and football declined which dispersed all these athletes to the other privates , so now instead of Just Bosco getting the D1 kids now those same kids are playing at SPP,Bergen Catholic, Paramus Catholic, SJR, DePaul Popejohn

not losing that many studs to public’s 

knock on wood

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

8 years ago every Baller in NY and NJ  played at Bosco , then their Rush Propst got fired and football declined which dispersed all these athletes to the other privates , so now instead of Just Bosco getting the D1 kids now those same kids are playing at SPP,Bergen Catholic, Paramus Catholic, SJR, DePaul Popejohn

not losing that many studs to public’s 

knock on wood

There was a rb or two that went back to the city to play with homeboys, wasn't sure if the was an exodus or what.

Thanks,

bgw

On 6/18/2020 at 1:50 PM, ngdawg said:

If you knew, even with Harrison Bailey in 2018, Marietta struggled.

You can't look at the W-L to determine how good they were.  They had the toughest schedule in GA that year and one of the toughest in the nation (note I said *one* of the toughest, not *the* toughest).  2018 Marietta was way better than their record would indicate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fred said:

You can't look at the W-L to determine how good they were.  They had the toughest schedule in GA that year and one of the toughest in the nation (note I said *one* of the toughest, not *the* toughest).  2018 Marietta was way better than their record would indicate.

Ok, maybe they didn't struggle. But they weren't a playoff caliber team. Sure, their schedule was pretty tough with OLGC, St. John's and Grayson. I wouldn't say Marietta was way better, because if they were, they would have beat East Coweta in the first round of the playoffs and beat Rome and Hillgrove. Yeah, Hillgrove was undefeated, but with the lousy of a schedule they played, Marietta should have beaten them. Marietta beat McEachern, but McEachern wasn't as good as advertised as well. They lost to Colquitt County twice, lost to Hillgrove, and almost lost to North Paulding. Marietta beat them by 1. I think there were signs that Marietta would be good the following year, but 2018 Marietta was a little more than a middle-of-the-pack team, despite their tough schedule. 

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Ok, maybe they didn't struggle. But they weren't a playoff caliber team. Sure, their schedule was pretty tough with OLGC, St. John's and Grayson. I wouldn't say Marietta was way better, because if they were, they would have beat East Coweta in the first round of the playoffs and beat Rome and Hillgrove. Yeah, Hillgrove was undefeated, but with the lousy of a schedule they played, Marietta should have beaten them. Marietta beat McEachern, but McEachern wasn't as good as advertised as well. They lost to Colquitt County twice, lost to Hillgrove, and almost lost to North Paulding. Marietta beat them by 1. I think there were signs that Marietta would be good the following year, but 2018 Marietta was a little more than a middle-of-the-pack team, despite their tough schedule. 

😂 

16 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Why is Valdosta not in 7a?   

I believe classifications are determined by the number of students that attend to school. Valdosta has 2,117 students attending their school, while nearby Lowndes has over 2,800. This may account for why Valdosta is in 6A, not 7A. I don't know for sure, but based on what I've heard, this seems the most plausible.

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Why is Valdosta not in 7a?   

Like Rufus said, they were scairt to play in 7A. It worked out well for them as they won state the first season they played in 6A while everyone else in our region moved up to 7A. They were only a few students shy of the 7A enrollment numbers and chose to not play up.

I look for that to change in 2021, however. Rush wants the big boy trophy. It isn't satisfying enough to win in the bush leagues.

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Like Rufus said, they were scairt to play in 7A. It worked out well for them as they won state the first season they played in 6A while everyone else in our region moved up to 7A. They were only a few students shy of the 7A enrollment numbers and chose to not play up.

I look for that to change in 2021, however. Rush wants the big boy trophy. It isn't satisfying enough to win in the bush leagues.

The avatar got two in Eleven years here. Good, but not out of this world. I’m sure that doesn’t quench his thirst. 

Rab would be proud.

On 6/25/2020 at 9:36 AM, ngdawg said:

I'm not sure but I think I remember that Bailey went down to injury in that season and that hurt them in the playoffs.  @Sweetlarry can confirm or refute.  Either way, there are a lot of factors that go into making the playoffs and then making a deep run.  I think as time goes on, you might come to recognize that.  To win the championship, practically *everything* has to go right for 5 weeks (in GA anyway.)  While not out of the game, a star QB, running back, receiver, defender, kicker, basically anyone the team relies on might be hurt enough to be a step off of their normal game.  A pass might go off their fingertips or a running back might not be quite as sharp on a cutback.  A QB may be having a rough night.  Your championship is a good example.  How many games do you think Colquitt gets called for back to back illegal substitution penalties (too many players on the field) and then to top it off gets a penalty called as time runs out both moving the ball into your kicker's range and giving NG an untimed play after the clock runs out to try the field goal.  I'll make it easy for you.  Not many.  In 2015, our defensive back had a brain fart at the end of the semifinal and as time ran out tried to make a play on the ball instead of the receiver.  He missed the ball and the Roswell receiver caught the pass and got into the end zone for the win.  If he instead tackles the receiver, Roswell doesn't score and Grayson meets Colquitt in the final.  Stuff just happens.

Likewise, due to the way GA's playoffs go, at least in the top class there are few enough teams and a large enough number of playoff slots that some average teams get in.  Every year, there is a least one quadrant that every team wants to be in and one that almost every team wants to avoid.  It is just the way things work out.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fred said:

I'm not sure but I think I remember that Bailey went down to injury in that season and that hurt them in the playoffs.  @Sweetlarry can confirm or refute.  Either way, there are a lot of factors that go into making the playoffs and then making a deep run.  I think as time goes on, you might come to recognize that.  To win the championship, practically *everything* has to go right for 5 weeks (in GA anyway.)  While not out of the game, a star QB, running back, receiver, defender, kicker, basically anyone the team relies on might be hurt enough to be a step off of their normal game.  A pass might go off their fingertips or a running back might not be quite as sharp on a cutback.  A QB may be having a rough night.  Your championship is a good example.  How many games do you think Colquitt gets called for back to back illegal substitution penalties (too many players on the field) and then to top it off gets a penalty called as time runs out both moving the ball into your kicker's range and giving NG an untimed play after the clock runs out to try the field goal.  I'll make it easy for you.  Not many.  In 2015, our defensive back had a brain fart at the end of the semifinal and as time ran out tried to make a play on the ball instead of the receiver.  He missed the ball and the Roswell receiver caught the pass and got into the end zone for the win.  If he instead tackles the receiver, Roswell doesn't score and Grayson meets Colquitt in the final.  Stuff just happens.

Likewise, due to the way GA's playoffs go, at least in the top class there are few enough teams and a large enough number of playoff slots that some average teams get in.  Every year, there is a least one quadrant that every team wants to be in and one that almost every team wants to avoid.  It is just the way things work out.

I realize your point. I just didn't want to explain that in-depth because I was lazy. I agree with what you're saying. The strength of the teams played in the playoffs contributes greatly to the probability of a state championship. And the location in the bracket matters as well. In 2018, Marietta's quadrant was relatively weak. If Marietta had been a great team as many claim, they would have defeated East Coweta in the first round and subsequently defeated Tift County in the second round, before losing to Archer in the quarterfinals. I believe that Marietta's quadrant in 2018 was the easiest of the 4. Sure, Archer gave Colquitt a run for its money in the semifinals, but Archer's road to that game went through an abysmal Forsyth Central team, a very good Parkview team, and a wild card (Tift County, whom they only beat by 6). But that doesn't mean Marietta's quadrant was difficult. Against East Coweta, Marietta was down 2 scores before scoring late to make the game seem close, losing 28-26. And yes, I believe Harrison Bailey was injured. However, assuming he was healthy, I still don't think Marietta makes it far in the playoffs. Let's assume they win their region if Bailey is healthy. They would play Pebblebrook in the first round, beating them. They would then play a 10-1 Walton team, a team that defeated the defending state champions, North Gwinnett. I don't believe Marietta makes it past this round in the playoffs, even with Bailey healthy. Now, if Bailey was healthy, I would say that Marietta is a playoff-caliber team. However, without him (as was the case in 2018), they are not. In my original post, which you recently quoted, I was referring to Marietta as a team working with the pieces they had. I was not assuming that Bailey, had he been healthy, would also be factored into the discussion hypothetically. Just basing Marietta off the players they had, Marietta would be just an above average team in my eyes.

5 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

The avatar got two in Eleven years here. Good, but not out of this world. I’m sure that doesn’t quench his thirst. 

Rab would be proud.

You're right. How many coaches in the state have won 2 and played for 5 total in 11 years at the highest class.

He was able to do that with as many 3 star plus players or less than Marietta had last year alone.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You're right. How many coaches in the state have won 2 and played for 5 total in 11 years at the highest class.

He was able to do that with as many 3 star plus players or less than Marietta had last year alone.

Never seen a fanbase jackoff so much about being runner up. It’s neat I guess, but having won titles and finishing second myself I do t care if I don’t win it all. Just me. 

Then again, never seen a fanbase give the HC ALL the credit for the good and blame errrbody else for the bad. It’s odd.

Hell! Some of the cc fans are so enamored with their ex-coach they have him as their fucking avatar! I mean, what adult idolizes another man like that? 🤷‍♂️ 😂 

5 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Never seen a fanbase jackoff so much about being runner up. It’s neat I guess, but having won titles and finishing second myself I do t care if I don’t win it all. Just me. 

Then again, never seen a fanbase give the HC ALL the credit for the good and blame errrbody else for the bad. It’s odd.

Hell! Some of the cc fans are so enamored with their ex-coach they have him as their fucking avatar! I mean, what adult idolizes another man like that? 🤷‍♂️ 😂 

At least no one's avatar is Jerry Sandusky.

5 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Everybody hates a winner. For some, they can’t remember. 😂 

It's standard knowledge. Winners always have a target on their back. And nowadays, it's not become a fight to beat a team with a target on their back, it's become a fight to earn that target to put on their own back.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Marietta the next Milton. You, NG, Milton footnotes in Georgia HS  football

I doubt you could consider either 3 teams a footnote. Marietta has won 2 (I think) championships, making them relevant in the landscape of Georgia football. North Gwinnett is perennial contender who has not had a losing season since the 1990s, with three state championship appearances and 1 victory. Milton arguably pulled off one of the greater upsets in championship history against a nationally dominant and undefeated Colquitt County team. Neither of these 3 teams deserve footnote status.

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I doubt you could consider either 3 teams a footnote. Marietta has won 2 (I think) championships, making them relevant in the landscape of Georgia football. North Gwinnett is perennial contender who has not had a losing season since the 1990s, with three state championship appearances and 1 victory. Milton arguably pulled off one of the greater upsets in championship history against a nationally dominant and undefeated Colquitt County team. Neither of these 3 teams deserve footnote status.

I liken the Milton SC to Lowndes in 99’ Marietta agree or disagree SC would have been more meaningful if it had mirrored Miltons run instead  of building the team. I mean one transfer is understandable but the environment today has become more like colleges. Point is HS football had previously been the one facet of pure competition based on community pride and competition. Kids today are told to move on when their interests aren’t met immediately. How does that translate with them into adulthood?