Some talk of Corky Kell being moved from the Benz

HooverOutlaw

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This still sucks because a big part of the draw to play in the classic is playing indoors in an NFL stadium. 

I do get that it's probably safer to be outdoors though. 

Well shall see the MLS season is suppose to end August 11. I don't think the governing bodies will want to piss off fans like they did back when they had championships game on a Tuesday because of soccer. We will see looks like the ghsa is on a week to week basis on updates for the season.

7 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Well shall see the MLS season is suppose to end August 11. I don't think the governing bodies will want to piss off fans like they did back when they had championships game on a Tuesday because of soccer. We will see looks like the ghsa is on a week to week basis on updates for the season.

Which governing body are you referring to? The Corky is not run by the GHSA. The governing body of the Benz doesn't care about high school football. Soccer pays their bills right now.

If there are many more news stories like the 23 Clemson players that tested positive for Covid, we might be in trouble for the season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iletteredintrack said:

Which governing body are you referring to? The Corky is not run by the GHSA. The governing body of the Benz doesn't care about high school football. Soccer pays their bills right now.

If there are many more news stories like the 23 Clemson players that tested positive for Covid, we might be in trouble for the season.

The ghsa is over the players and teams though. Im sure those over the corky kell have to get some kind of ok from the ghsa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 7:05 AM, Iletteredintrack said:

Maybe Lowndes will get the 2:45 pm game in Cantrell...(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Maybe Lowndes will get the 2:45 pm game in Cantrell...(Smile).

Rufus>>

That would be fun to see. The Corky Kell has been played in Powder Springs before, and this year North Gwinnett plays McEachern, so that would be a home game for them. Would like to have it at the Benz, though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 11:34 PM, Ga96 said:

I wouldn't mind if Lowndes vs hoover switches to a home and home. Ive only been to alabama to go through headed to Mississippi state for baseball. Hoover stadium looks nice and big from what ive seen on broadcast games.

That’s the way it is. Metro wants to keep that tax base cash in the area. So there goes the whole bullshit argument of playing in a large venue. And nobody wants to play at a converted baseball venue. If that’s the case we can go to Waycross. Rest assured GHSA will figure out some other reason to keep it there. SC games along with big rivalries should be kept in the local venues.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

That’s the way it is. Metro wants to keep that tax base cash in the area. So there goes the whole bullshit argument of playing in a large venue. And nobody wants to play at a converted baseball venue. If that’s the case we can go to Waycross. Rest assured GHSA will figure out some other reason to keep it there. SC games along with big rivalries should be kept in the local venues.

The only thing I'll say is...make sure DuBose doesn't headbutt one of his players up at Mill Creek.  People will go nuts if he does....

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The visiting teams will love the facilities on the visitor side at Mill Creek. 

Unless they've remodeled in the last couple of years...

download.jpeg.9637521a67c51e08b432f0684b74c347.jpeg

I actually like Markham Field. Having been there every year for games or competitions, it's a nice grass surface with a cool little knoll on one end zone. Would love to see how many seats fill out of the 10,000 available.

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

I actually like Markham Field. Having been there every year for games or competitions, it's a nice grass surface with a cool little knoll on one end zone. Would love to see how many seats fill out of the 10,000 available.

The playing surface there was shit late in the year. I think a few Packer players got tackled by cow patties that had been disguised with paint to make it look like grass or part of the design in the center of the field. xD

The home side stands look nice and that side has nice facilities and concessions. The visitor side seating was adequate, but the facilities and concessions were not. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The playing surface there was shit late in the year. I think a few Packer players got tackled by cow patties that had been disguised with paint to make it look like grass or part of the design in the center of the field. xD

The home side stands look nice and that side has nice facilities and concessions. The visitor side seating was adequate, but the facilities and concessions were not. 

See, I like grass fields. I know turf looks better and cleaner, but grass fields remind me of what football is, a tough ground-out sport. And yeah, the home stands are very accomodating. Only once have I sat in the away stands, so I don't really remember much. All I know is we won 45-3.

2 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Its some bs. The dome/benz now is the only reason majority of fans like going up north. Nobody wanna go to mill creek. That's directly paying into another schools funds. You see they aren't putting a limit on ticket sells. South Ga is eventually gonna have to show their ass and not contribute to sells to make them takes us serious. They are just sucking up to north Ga.

• Like 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

See, I like grass fields. I know turf looks better and cleaner, but grass fields remind me of what football is, a tough ground-out sport. And yeah, the home stands are very accomodating. Only once have I sat in the away stands, so I don't really remember much. All I know is we won 45-3.

Well, you seem kind of squirelly on what football you like. I swear you said the game between Colquitt and NG at the Corky Kell last year was the most boring game you ever watched... It was exactly a ground out game, but you almost fell asleep through it. xD 

#nighnight

Anyway, if the field is well maintained and all, grass surface is good to play on. When it's green painted dirt with grass sprinkled in, not so much. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

Its some bs. The dome/benz now is the only reason majority of fans like going up north. Nobody wanna go to mill creek. That's directly paying into another schools funds. You see they aren't putting a limit on ticket sells. South Ga is eventually gonna have to show their ass and not contribute to sells to make them takes us serious. They are just sucking up to north Ga

in all honesty, know one cares about SO Georgie Football, if we’re not talking Metro then what are we talking about