Elite 11 QBs announced

Ga96

Needs to work on his footwork a little bit, he was tripping on the first few plays. One play was behind the receiver, but otherwise he's making some great throws. Got some speed on those throws. Nice throws on those out routes, knowing exactly when to throw the ball. He's easily been the best out of Davis, Buchner, and him. Very impressed, especially with how he anticipates and hits the receiver in stride with passes over the middle. Even with the deep balls, he can hit the receivers where the "defenders" can't get it. Easily in the 40s score. 

A 38? Surprising.

Luke up next. Low on two of his first 4 passes. Really nice deep ball, hitting the receiver in stride. On both the crossing routes so far, he's thrown behind the receiver. Love his deep ball, definitely one of the best deep ball throwers here. One slip on the dropback, but that's excusable. Hitting the receiver in the chest/face on the out routes, which is solid. He was perfect on every deep ball, which is very promising. Sometimes inconsistent, missing throws I'd expect him to make but making throws I'd expect him to miss. Mid to low 30s I'd say.

• Like 1

Bro give us IMG again!  SFA is not worth our time! Where is your racist ass at GSB???? Mccarthy is almost in last and no SFA qb to be found.  NVM we know youre busy swallowing biffs swimmers but cmon bro! Where is the SFA Qb at?? No invite??? How can you let your daddy pay for a QB's rent and tuition that didn't get invited to the elite 11?! (20 QB's) Be better!

As you all heard Trent Dilfer say, Miller had the best ball of the night! We are beating Bosco's ass. No Moss! 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Luke up next. Low on two of his first 4 passes. Really nice deep ball, hitting the receiver in stride. On both the crossing routes so far, he's thrown behind the receiver. Love his deep ball, definitely one of the best deep ball throwers here. One slip on the dropback, but that's excusable. Hitting the receiver in the chest/face on the out routes, which is solid. He was perfect on every deep ball, which is very promising. Sometimes inconsistent, missing throws I'd expect him to make but making throws I'd expect him to miss. Mid to low 30s I'd say.

Spot on. Scored a 30. 

Caleb Williams is accurate on the short routes, but struggles with the deeper routes, especially on that fade down the left sideline. He did redeem himself with a beautiful fade down the right side. Good placement on the crossing routes: even though his score will be lower, it will help him in in-game situations. Couple high throws, especially to the outside, which shows need for some control. Throws on the run are pretty nice, but are a little late/behind. Leading the receiver on many throws, which is useful, but won't rack up score points. He does a good job with timing and placement on throws down the sideline. On and off the entire time, would give him a score in the low 30s, maybe even very high 20s if we're being strict.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Caleb Williams is accurate on the short routes, but struggles with the deeper routes, especially on that fade down the left sideline. He did redeem himself with a beautiful fade down the right side. Good placement on the crossing routes: even though his score will be lower, it will help him in in-game situations. Couple high throws, especially to the outside, which shows need for some control. Throws on the run are pretty nice, but are a little late/behind. Leading the receiver on many throws, which is useful, but won't rack up score points. He does a good job with timing and placement on throws down the sideline. On and off the entire time, would give him a score in the low 30s, maybe even very high 20s if we're being strict.

Agree. Did not look like he was much farther along than the other QB's like he was made out to be. Must've had a better day yesterday. 

Maddox Kopp. Behind on the first slant, but connected well on the checkdown that followed, along with the hitch. Haven't seen many QBs hit that swing route, but Kopp hit him in the chest. Apart from that first throw, his accuracy is on point, especially on a deep fade. Missed high on an outside throw on the run. Moves a little slow in the pocket, but has great footwork. So far, Kopp is very solid, but his misses so far are mostly high balls. He needs to improve with throws on the run, as his receivers are adjusting to him more than he is to them. Needs better judgement on the depth of receivers versus his arm power. He started relatively strong, but isn't holding up well. Missing on several throws, both behind and high. Last three throws were good, but it won't erase his previous results. I'm no expert, but I'd say 31.

Nussmeier. Good on the first slant, but then lost control of ball on third throw. Great throws initially, hitting the receivers where they needed to be hit. Missed high on an outside throw, but rebounded with a pretty deep ball. Good connections on the crossing routes and great control of arm power on the deep sideline routes. He's playing as if he was in a game situation, which would hurt his score but earns my respect. He hasn't missed a pass over the middle, and he seems to find a way to hit his receiver in every situation, placing the ball in areas where the imaginary defender can't pick it off. He may have to improve on leading his receivers in many situations, but it's not too obvious of a failure. Deep routes look very clean though. Just a couple misses, both of which were above the receivers head. Very solid outing. I'd give him a 37.

Brock Vandagriff. Good control on the deep pass down the sideline and great job leading the receiver. He is connecting on all his passes, which is better than missing while trying to lead a receiver. So far, he's the best I've seen. First true miss of the run, too high to the outside. Got some serious power on that arm, and he's making throws that several college QBs would miss on. Low on the throw on the outside streak, seems to be weakening a bit. Very good performance, though. Regained confidence with a dime to the receiver's chest from 25 yards out. Definitely fatiguing, but still holding his own. Good finish. I'd have him at 42. Sorry, @HurricaneNick, but he did better than Moss I feel.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Brock Vandagriff. Good control on the deep pass down the sideline and great job leading the receiver. He is connecting on all his passes, which is better than missing while trying to lead a receiver. So far, he's the best I've seen. First true miss of the run, too high to the outside. Got some serious power on that arm, and he's making throws that several college QBs would miss on. Low on the throw on the outside streak, seems to be weakening a bit. Very good performance, though. Regained confidence with a dime to the receiver's chest from 25 yards out. Definitely fatiguing, but still holding his own. Good finish. I'd have him at 42. Sorry, @HurricaneNick, but he did better than Moss I feel.

fullsizeoutput_2683.jpeg

• Haha 1

Here's my guy of this thing: Carlos Del Rio. He seems to be a little overconfident/arrogant, but that should fix itself with failure. He's got some heat on the pass, completing his first four passes easily. Perfect throw on a deep fade, but a little behind on a deep crossing. Great throw on the run to the outside rolling left. Another deep dime, he's definitely proving his haters wrong. He has some wide strides and only needs to drop back slowly, which helps his patience. Missed high and behind on another inside post, over the middle on the run seems to be his weaknesses. Great accuracy and power on the out routes, as well as on deep routes to the outside or along the sideline. He's holding his own, staying strong despite some misses. Beautiful accuracy to the outside and deep. He definitely has some power and finesse, and hopefully that translates to the real game. Overall, this was an great to outstanding performance. I give him a 39 or 40.

• Like 1

Last one of the night, KSalt. Little high on the slant, but good for in-game run after catch. Good control and vision over the middle, let's see if he can keep that up. Nice placement with the on the run pass to the sideline, just where the receiver could get it. Deep throws are very good, but there's still some room for improvement. He seems to already be wearing out, missing throws high if not for his receivers leaping and contorting to make the catch. Redeemed himself with a deep throw on the run, but it's been a throw everyone has hit so far. He's regaining his composure now, with a nice rollout and strike on the run twice. Great pass on the streak over the middle, would have busted a Cover 3 wide open for a TD. Followed up with a little worse throw on the same route. Overall, he's been pretty good, I'd give him a 32.

Carlos Del Rio surprised me the most. Having beaten him twice on the field, I didn't have a high opinion, but he seems to be reaching a new level in his development that can help him be successful at Grayson. Solid outing by Miller Moss from Mater Dei, and I think he has the potential to be the spark that MD needs to beat Bosco and run the table. Heard a lot of hype for KSalt, but I wouldn't say he quite lived up to it. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't amazing either. Dematrius Davis has honestly been somewhat disappointing. He seems to be a beast on the field, but not so much off. He needs a strong showing tomorrow to even end up in the top 10. Fun day, and I look forward to tuning in tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@HurricaneNick how’s the weather all the way down there??

fuck happened

Listen to Dilfer say 75% of the decision was made off of junior year tape and 25% was based on performance at the camp.  Yikes. Seems like the champion was chosen before it even started haha. Caleb finished 10th in the pro day workout and didn’t even crack the top 10 in today’s target challenge but won the MVP 🤷‍♂️. Last year CJ stroud needed a perfect 50 to win the event and Williams won it with a 34 😂 I’m definitely not saying Moss should’ve won MVP but 10 QB’s did not outperform him this weekend. Was this the elite 11 or who they like on tape? Miller balled this weekend, 4th in the pro day, finished the target challenge with 10 straight dimes. I’m ready for some real 🏈 

6303DD3D-11F0-4381-9B46-84185F9B52AB.jpeg

308A562E-1A23-4ACA-8C11-27C815D1C0F8.jpeg

6B811DDC-9F9E-4495-8197-469F23589398.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2