Alabama’s new superstar Quarterback

HurricaneNick

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2897269-alabamas-superstar-qb-in-waiting

“I think you're talking about a guy who is going to be invited to New York, maybe more than once."

Don’t sleep, Saban won’t keep a superstar on the sidelines because Mac Jones can “do enough”. (Hurts & Tagovailoa) Mac is great but Bryce is the spark the O needs. Rollllllll Tide!

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2897269-alabamas-superstar-qb-in-waiting

“I think you're talking about a guy who is going to be invited to New York, maybe more than once."

Don’t sleep, Saban won’t keep a superstar on the sidelines because Mac Jones can “do enough”. (Hurts & Tagovailoa) Mac is great but Bryce is the spark the O needs. Rollllllll Tide!

As much as that hurts (no pun intended) to hear as a Buckeye fan, Young is the right choice. Mac Jones was decent for Alabama standards, but Young is on a whole different level. Can't wait to see him return to California for his first collegiate game.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

As much as that hurts (no pun intended) to hear as a Buckeye fan, Young is the right choice. Mac Jones was decent for Alabama standards, but Young is on a whole different level. Can't wait to see him return to California for his first collegiate game.

He was committed to USC before flipping to Alabama, it will be very exciting to watch if he gets the nod as the starter. I do think it’s likely Mac gets the start week 1 and Bryce takes over during the season. Hope that doesn’t happen but Mac did play well against Auburn & Michigan and has a better feel for the speed of an SEC front 7 right now. 

30 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

The game is in Arlington, brotha.....not Cali. You know Saban don't schedule games in places he's not familiar with. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

The game is in Arlington, brotha.....not Cali. You know Saban don't schedule games in places he's not familiar with. 

Oh come ON. I wanted to see Alabama on a true road game and actually get tested in the USC environment. Well, this sucks.

• Haha 1

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

North Gwinnett??

Quite the contrary. He has visited our school several times to recruit players. I remember both him and Urban Meyer on our campus. Sadly I couldn't see them because I forgot to look out the window during Language Arts class. They were standing right outside the window, yet I didn't have the presence of mind to turn around, even knowing that they would be there that day.

• Like 1

Oh, also he came in a black helicopter which landed on our football field. That was a cool sight to see. Georgia Tech head coach stopped by one of our games this year as well, landing on our baseball diamond in his GT-themed helicopter. He left after the game ended in a 35-0 win for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I think Jones will struggle vs Georgia and that will be when Young gets his chance to take over.   Won’t be an easy matchup with that D that’s for sure.   I look forward to following that QB battle.  

If that happens, it would be the third time that the QB for Alabama would have to switch during a game vs UGA. Tua in for Hurts during the national title game, Hurts in for Tua during the SEC championship, and now Young in for Jones during a regular season game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

I wonder if he will become MD's 3rd Heisman Trophy winning alumnus, and if JT Daniels will bounce back after his injury. Since JT Daniels transferred to Georgia, they are both from the same conference conference now.

If Daniels applies for a waiver and is somehow allowed to start this upcoming year, it's crazy to think we could be seeing Mater Dei vs. Mater Dei when UGA and Bama play.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

25 pounds in two months is impressive and if lean muscle mass even more so.....

Can't wait to see the season unfold, pretty impressive write up.

What really got my attention is that Rollie says leave BY alone, let him call the plays FOR Mater Dei and hands off coaching wise.... pretty impressive stuff....

bgw

I believe Matt Barkley and JT Daniels, along with Bryce Young, were among the very few QB's at MD that Rollo allowed to call their own plays.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The kid hasn't even been through a spring or summer training camp in college, much less played a down of SEC football, yet.

Sure he was a great HS QB...but so was Tate Martell. Lol

Tate Martell's case is different. He never got the chance to play, becuase in 2017 he redshirted as JT Barrett was quarterback. In 2018, Dwayne Haskins took over. And in 2019, Justin Fields led Ohio State. Martell was never given a chance to shine and prove his worth. Sure, he could have beaten out the last two QBs for their job, but I don't think anyone was willing to pass up on Harrison standout Justin Fields for a QB that graduated high school in 2016. I wouldn't be surprised if Martell plays with a chip on his shoulder at Miami and turns them into a top 15 team. Wouldn't write Martell off just yet. Again this is just my take on his unique and unfortunate situation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Tate Martell's case is different. He never got the chance to play, becuase in 2017 he redshirted as JT Barrett was quarterback. In 2018, Dwayne Haskins took over. And in 2019, Justin Fields led Ohio State. Martell was never given a chance to shine and prove his worth. Sure, he could have beaten out the last two QBs for their job, but I don't think anyone was willing to pass up on Harrison standout Justin Fields for a QB that graduated high school in 2016. I wouldn't be surprised if Martell plays with a chip on his shoulder at Miami and turns them into a top 15 team. Wouldn't write Martell off just yet. Again this is just my take on his unique and unfortunate situation.

Because he wasn't good enough homie. He won't even see the field at Miami unless it's in mop up duty or because of an injury, much less turn them into a Top 15 team.

He had plenty of time to "beat" guys out. He was a good high school QB and couldn't make the transition.

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Quite the contrary. He has visited our school several times to recruit players. I remember both him and Urban Meyer on our campus. Sadly I couldn't see them because I forgot to look out the window during Language Arts class. They were standing right outside the window, yet I didn't have the presence of mind to turn around, even knowing that they would be there that day.

I bet there is not a top class High school in the south Saban has not been to.