Kenny Sanchez new HC gig in FL

golfaddict1

12 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Not saying they weren’t the real deal, just don’t see them beating MD. They also had the luxury of playing a 5 game schedule, pretty nice not having to worry about any real games after September.  Amon Ra St Brown was out for chunk of the year for ‘17 MD too. Undoubtably our most talented athlete & the top ranked receiver in the country. Imagine how that woulda gone if he played the entire season with JT? We beat a very good Gorman team led by Palaie gaoteote, Brevin Jordan, DTR (5 stars), without Amon  by two scores & that wasn’t even the best win of the year. ‘17 MD never trailed at any point the entire year, sent all 5 on the OL to D1’s, the entire receiving core went D1, JT is better than Tate, had the #1 athlete in the country Bru McCoy, the top cornerback in the ‘20 class, two of the top backers in the country too. Not saying BG wasn’t loaded too because they certainly were, but that ‘17 MD team was on another level. It would’ve been a war for sure but you know who I’m rolling with. 

Even when playing loaded squads, BG just managed to get the job done.That group just had that championship DNA that stood out. Never really got rattled when things didn't go their way.....just settled down, made a few plays in a row and the rest was history. 16 BG vs 17 MD woulda been a great game tho. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Even when playing loaded squads, BG just managed to get the job done.That group just had that championship DNA that stood out. Never really got rattled when things didn't go their way.....just settled down, made a few plays in a row and the rest was history. 16 BG vs 17 MD woulda been a great game tho. 

Also don’t forget that the 2017 matchup between the depleted Gorman team and the all world MD team was only 14-7 at halftime. And later on the score was 28-21 MD with about 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. 

A supposedly great MD team should have done better than to scrape by Gorman. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2020 at 10:03 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Not saying they weren’t the real deal, just don’t see them beating MD. They also had the luxury of playing a 5 game schedule, pretty nice not having to worry about any real games after September.  Amon Ra St Brown was out for chunk of the year for ‘17 MD too. Undoubtably our most talented athlete & the top ranked receiver in the country. Imagine how that woulda gone if he played the entire season with JT? We beat a very good Gorman team led by Palaie gaoteote, Brevin Jordan, DTR (5 stars), without Amon  by two scores & that wasn’t even the best win of the year. ‘17 MD never trailed at any point the entire year, sent all 5 on the OL to D1’s, the entire receiving core went D1, JT is better than Tate, had the #1 athlete in the country Bru McCoy, the top cornerback in the ‘20 class, two of the top backers in the country too. Not saying BG wasn’t loaded too because they certainly were, but that ‘17 MD team was on another level. It would’ve been a war for sure but you know who I’m rolling with. 

I believe even the 2017 MD team, it's been said, it's more talented than the 2001 DLS team?

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 1:03 AM, HurricaneNick said:

2017 was by far Bruce's best and most distinguished recruiting class!

• Haha 1

since MD had a title drought that lasted for nearly 20 years, it does raise suspicion on how MD was able to lure or attract very talented athletes to the school that made MD compete for Natty's, they didn't lure any in the nearly 2 decade title drought, while yes, they did have talented athletes play for them that got D-1 college offers on a national level, such as Matt Barkley, but not in terms of national titles, I would assume MD's 3rd straight loss to Servite in the Rollo era had an effect that made Rollo make major changes to the program.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't rely on no Florida High School Football.com. 

I'm looking for the guys in that area. The ones that know what the hell. Not some generic "it happened"

No one knows any more info. @FloridaHSFootball.com gave credit to whoever broke the story. It was someone local but they have no new info except he was fired. 

my blind guess is it pertains to something illegal. How do you just get fired on your day off? 😂

• Like 1