#1 in country the last 10 years

imaGoodBoyNow

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Yeah, and sometimes MaxPreps is biased, too. This will make it tough when deciding who to place in the bracket. I just wish high school football could be as clear cut as the NFL playoffs. But, hey, at least we get to enjoy a semester's worth of great football nationwide.

Nfl playoffs isn't clear cut they get division leaders into the playoffs at 7-9 and teams that are 12-4 miss out 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Nfl playoffs isn't clear cut they get division leaders into the playoffs at 7-9 and teams that are 12-4 miss out 

Clear cut in the sense that division winners will always make it and two (this year three) wild cards with the best record get in. There isn't any system like that for college or high school, mostly because of obvious challenges. The NFL has a set playoff system that limits controversy, as opposed to CFP and high school national champions.

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

They should at least have a tournament between the teams that are debated national champions. That would be like a 4 team playoff, and I'm sure that can be organized. Even @GardenStateBaller could organize that in his sleep.

It would be nice, but with states ending their playoffs at different times and kids going on to other sports it becomes a problem. Then you go into the whole too many games being played, long layoffs issue. 

13 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Clear cut in the sense that division winners will always make it and two (this year three) wild cards with the best record get in. There isn't any system like that for college or high school, mostly because of obvious challenges. The NFL has a set playoff system that limits controversy, as opposed to CFP and high school national champions.

I would like to see them change it

Best records get in. 

2 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

It would be nice, but with states ending their playoffs at different times and kids going on to other sports it becomes a problem. Then you go into the whole too many games being played, long layoffs issue. 

But a four team playoff is only two games. They already organize the games between two state champions; for example, Marietta played Eastside Catholic this year, even after completing state playoffs. I think it would be fun, and it should be feasible I would believe. Hold one semifinal on Saturday, another or Sunday, and the final on the next Saturday. Have ESPN broadcast it and it becomes one of the most widely viewed events around that time.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I would like to see them change it

Best records get in. 

I don't know about that. Strength of schedule has to be a factor. And how would you break a tie between three teams vying for that final spot? Remember, there have been wild card teams that have won the Super Bowl, and had the playoffs been determined solely by records, they may not have had their chance at success.

28 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

In your opinion, who was the best team out of those 3? 

There is a lot of confusion on this board about the 2013 MNC but the polls were very clear about how they viewed that season. 

https://floridahsfootball.com/2013/12/23/booker-t-washington-claims-multiple-national-titles-to-top-off-perfect-season/#.XwYerCUieEc

The Booker T. Washington Tornadoes have laid their claim to six of seven national titles that have been awarded by different national media outlets.”

Case closed. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I don't know about that. Strength of schedule has to be a factor. And how would you break a tie between three teams vying for that final spot? Remember, there have been wild card teams that have won the Super Bowl, and had the playoffs been determined solely by records, they may not have had their chance at success.

I agree yes there have been wild card teams to win the super bowl but to have a mediocre year and get in over a team who was 12-4 in possibly a stronger division isn't right 

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree yes there have been wild card teams to win the super bowl but to have a mediocre year and get in over a team who was 12-4 in possibly a stronger division isn't right 

True, but then the playoff I believe should be 8 teams from each conference. That way the 1 seed doesn't go scot free and the underdogs have a fighting chance. I would be down for that, even if sorted by record and not division winners.

6 minutes ago, Kalven said:

OOS games should be priority to be ranked in the top 8 or 16 for playoff.

I partially agree. Several states have high quality opponents within their state, too. Just because you play an average team from Texas while being from Ohio shouldn't mean you should get priority over a Georgia team playing a very good Georgia team. It would be a difficult situation to judge, but strength of schedule should matter more than if you play OOS games or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

True, but then the playoff I believe should be 8 teams from each conference. That way the 1 seed doesn't go scot free and the underdogs have a fighting chance. I would be down for that, even if sorted by record and not division winners.

Not a bad idea at all

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

I partially agree. Several states have high quality opponents within their state, too. Just because you play an average team from Texas while being from Ohio shouldn't mean you should get priority over a Georgia team playing a very good Georgia team. It would be a difficult situation to judge, but strength of schedule should matter more than if you play OOS games or not.

I like this guy very reasonable

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I like this side. It finally gives me a place to voice my opinions to people who at least relatively know what they are talking about.

I'm on the other side were we bitch about politics all day and night

Hs football has lost my interest over the past few years as my local hs scene got less and less in the national spotlight 

• Like 1