Sign in to follow this  
imaGoodBoyNow

#1 in country the last 10 years

Just now, ngdawg said:

I want to find a good balance. That's the way I'll be the happiest.

Very hard to do

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

I partially agree. Several states have high quality opponents within their state, too. Just because you play an average team from Texas while being from Ohio shouldn't mean you should get priority over a Georgia team playing a very good Georgia team. It would be a difficult situation to judge, but strength of schedule should matter more than if you play OOS games or not.

Obviously SOS coherent with OOS would be ideal. Teams from FL CA and TX would have huge SOS playing within their state. Its the 2nd or 3rd best from those states I'm more concerned about. How do you determine if they jump an undefeated team from OH or HI if they play in state only as well.

59 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Norcrosd defeated North Gwinnett in the 2013 state championship. They were a very good team that year and the year before when they beat Lovejoy for the title in 2012.

I assuming you didn't see that game? (Booker T vs Norcross)

And I'm aware that Norcross won in 2012 and 2013. Definitely better in 2012 because of Alvin Kamara. 

39 minutes ago, Kalven said:

Obviously SOS coherent with OOS would be ideal. Teams from FL CA and TX would have huge SOS playing within their state. Its the 2nd or 3rd best from those states I'm more concerned about. How do you determine if they jump an undefeated team from OH or HI if they play in state only as well.

Here's what I would do. I would have a power ranking index that factors in strength of schedule, margin of victory, points per game scored and allowed, and similar factors. This way, you would be able to tell the difference between an 8-2 team from one state and a 10-0 team from another state. This is just how I would do it. 

29 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I assuming you didn't see that game? (Booker T vs Norcross)

And I'm aware that Norcross won in 2012 and 2013. Definitely better in 2012 because of Alvin Kamara. 

I did not. I didn't become a high school football fan until 2017, when I entered North Gwinnett High School as a freshman. And yes, Alvin Kamara was beastly. It excites me and also pains me to know that Kamara was a successful player from the state of Georgia, yet he went to my rival high school. For that reason, I choose to support Jared Cook, tight end from North Gwinnett. Oh, and Charlie Blackmon from baseball I believe.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

KKK HS, it’s very exclusive. 

Max IQ 80. 

bgw

Oh cool, I didn't know Karlsbad Kavern Khristian High School was that famous. It seems like a top notch school in the country, definitely among the likes of the Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology, and Thomas Jefferson High School.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Could've sworn colquitt was #1 one if those years

Hahahaha. Not be any of the major publications.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Hahahaha. Not be any of the major publications.  

Oh, you're back. Didn't take too long to hijack this wholesome thread, did it now? And yes, I would say Colquitt was very relevant in the national landscape during the 2015 season. They definitely deserved to be in consideration for national champion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

That's Summa Cum Laude at most Alabama high schools.

Well, the problem with that is... that poster is a Jersey wannabe Bama citizen. 

Oh well,

bgw

11 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Preseason Padre.... 

bgw

I even agreed with the final results in the little box.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I even agreed with the final results in the little box.

You're a prophet. I got one even better: You're a wizard, Harry!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Yeah, but in the graphic, the champion of that year is shown in a small box. Colquitt is not shown in that box as they should have.

This is just showing Maxpreps’ ranking, not the entire composite.

8 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

This is just showing Maxpreps’ ranking, not the entire composite.

Yeah, I realize that. But even for MaxPreps rankings, I feel they should put all prospective national champions in that box. Unless they know for sure that, say, Mater Dei is outright the best, they should include other potential top teams. Especially when the other team is undefeated from one the harder classes in high school football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well, the problem with that is... that poster is a Jersey wannabe Bama citizen. 

Oh well,

bgw

Wow.

Can't think of a worse combo.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

2013 BTW vs Norcross is one of those infamous OOS games.   You could tell Norcross needed to find their offensive identity.   They definitely missed having Kamara.  Still, they were loaded with talent. 

Ah the infamous “Norcrossed” game.BTW was something else that year.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I'm more on ur side. More organic talent than built up all star teams 

Yup absolutely, I like to feel, DLS got the ball rolling for private school domination in the early 90s, MD then followed. Of course it's debatable, Bishop Moeller of Cincinnati Ohio likely could have started it as well, during the 70s or 80s.

• Like 1