Revisiting the national rankings 2004

954gator

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

BUT, you never play any of the REAL teams there....So there's that.

AND, Louisiana is a real state, a real small state. We do ok.

Anyways, 1967!!

Actually we have moron 

All losses came to eventual state champs in playoffs, 88 and 90 teams ik were nationally ranked 

97 lost to a top 5 ranked national team in state finals and best team in Dade by 3 points

Lost in 01 to eventual state champs Lincoln who beat STA in finals 

And then recently Columbia has beaten eventual and defending state champs TCA and Madison County, TCA was state ranked in top 10 in both of the wins against them, this past year played the best team in PBC, the same one John Curtis bailed on because they realized they wouldn't be a pushover

But yet we never play any real teams there, shut up you clueless moron

16 minutes ago, RedZone said:

BUT, you never play any of the REAL teams there....So there's that.

AND, Louisiana is a real state, a real small state. We do ok.

Anyways, 1967!!

Which is another way of saying they play in a state that isn't that good until you have to look at "per captia" to make the state sound better than it really is

For 6 months last year I had to read how both LSU and Rummel sucked according to a Columbia Fanboy.

...3 of those months I had to read how great Columbia High School in Florida was.

Well, LSU won the National Championship and Rummel won a State Championship.......wasn't always pretty, but both got it done.

Columbia High School in Real, Florida?????...8-4 and a Top 100 Florida team. Of course Columbia Fanboy had 100 excuses on the 4 losses.  There weren't very original, but 100 excuses.....nonetheless!

This is one reason why I hate the internet........it's was bullt for the the Columbia's of the world.

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

For 6 months last year I had to read how both LSU and Rummel sucked according to a Columbia Fanboy.

...3 of those months I had to read how great Columbia High School in Florida was.

Well, LSU won the National Championship and Rummel won a State Championship.......wasn't always pretty, but both got it done.

Columbia High School in Real, Florida?????...8-4 and a Top 100 Florida team. Of course Columbia Fanboy had 100 excuses on the 4 losses.  There weren't very original, but 100 excuses.....nonetheless!

This is one reason why I hate the internet........it's was bullt for the the Columbia's of the world.

Then take the bet and have your chance to rid me forever, if I can't beat you in a bet than I have no interest in posting on this board because if I can't beat the village idiot then I don't belong here 

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Rummel played in a weak state, you all wouldn't have won state in any class higher than 2a over here in FL

54 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Rummel played in a weak state, you all wouldn't have won state in any class higher than 2a over here in FL

YOU should worry much less about Louisiana, LSU and Rummel and MUCH MORE about trying to beat the Lee's and  North Marion's.

You want to be a BIG DICK on a message forum?...cool, have something to be a BIG DICK about.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

YOU should worry much less about Louisiana, LSU and Rummel and MUCH MORE about trying to beat the Lee's and  North Marion's.

You want to be a BIG DICK on a message forum?...cool, have something to be a BIG DICK about.

Last year was the first time North Marion has ever beat us but hey that's what happens when you don't actually know anything about football, it leads to embarrassment like that

And yeah I'm aware of Lee, also aware that they had several of their best starters on the entire team transfer to other schools, they won't be shit this year 

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

And you should worry more about avoiding talking about a state like Florida that you know nothing about, take my bet or get out because I have no time for cowards like you, or liars like you, or just you in general

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Off topic, but why does Booker T's 2014 undefeated season seem to have been swept under the rug by most? 

I mean, they were recognized. 5th in MaxPreps Xcellent 25 and 13th in national rankings. They were second in Florida. They played very good competition, too, so I'm impressed.

15 hours ago, RedZone said:

Still plays good football most years.....they will never be #3 again in their history though.

In 2004 Mission Viejo beat Mater Die twice, Poly and DLS.

Mission Viejo beat Mater Dei 63-23 in their Champ game. That will never happen again 😄

Yeah I don't see that happening either unfortunately, same thing with Corona Centennial winning a national title in HS football.

especially since I would love to see a California public school win a National championship, or national title in HS football. 

Kind of tired of seeing private schools being spoiled too much already, Fontana HS in 1987, was the last time a California public school achieved that.

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

2013 was the better team so it's easy for it to be ignored but both were very talented teams 

Most def! But even with wins over Oscar Smith, Tucker and Bingham, that was one of the most quietest undefeated seasons ever. It just seems like they didn't get that much praise that year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

I mean, they were recognized. 5th in MaxPreps Xcellent 25 and 13th in national rankings. They were second in Florida. They played very good competition, too, so I'm impressed.

They were underrated big time.   They won it all including beating BG in Vegas then next year both go undefeated and BG ranked 1 and BTW 13th??

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

They were underrated big time.   They won it all including beating BG in Vegas then next year both go undefeated and BG ranked 1 and BTW 13th??

Hey, I didn't make the rules. But I definitely think that they should have been higher than 13th. 5th seems about right. 

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Ehh.   It was big time disrespect IMO.

Yeah, but I don't think beating the best makes you the best. I mean, Milton beat Colquitt County for state in 2018, yet Colquitt was ranked first in the state. And I still think Colquitt was the better team, despite the loss. Do you, in all honesty, think BTW was better than BG? Do you think that BTW would have beat BG more than vice versa? If so, then I guess BTW deserves to be 2nd or 3rd. If not, then 5th should be good enough.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Yeah, but I don't think beating the best makes you the best. I mean, Milton beat Colquitt County for state in 2018, yet Colquitt was ranked first in the state. And I still think Colquitt was the better team, despite the loss. Do you, in all honesty, think BTW was better than BG? Do you think that BTW would have beat BG more than vice versa? If so, then I guess BTW deserves to be 2nd or 3rd. If not, then 5th should be good enough.

Why not they beat BG in Vegas the year before.