Why do Grayson players never go to UGA?

HooverOutlaw

29 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Looking at their 2020 roster I do not see a single player from Grayson. 

Hell Hoover has one in George Pickens.

Is it the same way historically? Or just currently? I mean, I'm sure many other GA schools are not well-represented on UGA's roster. 

The top 8 players in Georgia for 2020 per 247 UGA has 6 that are verbal , 1 to clemson 1 UGA lean. Point being UGA signs more than 50% of the top In state recruits.

In the past few years Grayson has had more top 15 Georgia players than any school, but not a single one plays at Georgia right now.  I guess it's a bunch of players that like moving. They move to Grayson then move out of state for college. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The top 8 players in Georgia for 2020 per 247 UGA has 6 that are verbal , 1 to clemson 1 UGA lean. Point being UGA signs more than 50% of the top In state recruits.

In the past few years Grayson has had more top 15 Georgia players than any school, but not a single one plays at Georgia right now.  I guess it's a bunch of players that like moving. They move to Grayson then move out of state for college. 

Who's "they" and what constitutes a population of "they" in your view?

And why would Hoover City Schools post an apartment guide to "help" folks establish residency. Watch those "rocks" you're tossing around Hoover, especially in a glass house...haha.

bgw

17 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Who's "they" and what constitutes a population of "they" in your view?

And why would Hoover City Schools post an apartment guide to "help" folks establish residency. Watch those "rocks" you're tossing around Hoover, especially in a glass house...haha.

bgw

We have not had a transfer in several years now.   They post the apartment guide for anybody.  We have had kids leave for Thompson.  99% of our team started in elementary  school in the system.  Hoover's BOE does not like those 6 month transfers . Plus remember Hoover has 2 High Schools any apartment info is for both.

They are those move ins Grayson gets most years.  No other school in Gwinnett county gets them just Grayson. Grayson is no better than an IMG.  They cant do it with home grown talent.

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

We have not had a transfer in several years now.   They post the apartment guide for anybody.  We have had kids leave for Thompson.  99% of our team started in elementary  school in the system.  Hoover's BOE does not like those 6 month transfers . Plus remember Hoover has 2 High Schools any apartment info is for both.

They are those move ins Grayson gets most years.  No other school in Gwinnett county gets them just Grayson. Grayson is no better than an IMG.  They cant do it with home grown talent.

Did it with homegrown talent in 2011. Following year vs Miami Central as well. 

14 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You know that statement about it being better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than opening it and proving the point?  You know so little about Grayson and Gwinnett.  Plenty of schools other than Grayson get transfers.  They just don't get the publicity because people aren't watching everything they do with a magnifying glass.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 8:57 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Looking at their 2020 roster I do not see a single player from Grayson. 

Hell Hoover has one in George Pickens.

There were issues with UGA not showing any interest for a lot of years.  They wouldn't bother to come 45 miles but would go hundreds or thousands to visit other schools.  Kirby has shown a little more interest but it takes a while for the interest to build back up.

2 hours ago, Fred said:

There were issues with UGA not showing any interest for a lot of years.  They wouldn't bother to come 45 miles but would go hundreds or thousands to visit other schools.  Kirby has shown a little more interest but it takes a while for the interest to build back up.

You got the best players in the state so UGA is the problem  not Grayson right.

When you got 4 or 5 of the top 12 or so in the state coaches should be lined up. When 5 star Marlon Humphrey was at Hoover even after he verbal to Bama they kept coming.  Grayson has a u haul truck full of high star rated players this time none want Georgia . Something is wrong. 

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You got the best players in the state so UGA is the problem  not Grayson right.

When you got 4 or 5 of the top 12 or so in the state coaches should be lined up. When 5 star Marlon Humphrey was at Hoover even after he verbal to Bama they kept coming.  Grayson has a u haul truck full of high star rated players this time none want Georgia . Something is wrong. 

Ever think Kirby wants kids that are all in rather than making the rounds off of I-285 looking for what they think may be a better opportunity. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Ever think Kirby wants kids that are all in rather than making the rounds off of I-285 looking for what they think may be a better opportunity. 

So UGA under Kirby has never accepted a transfer student or tried to flip a commitment to another school?  Yea, right.

4 hours ago, Fred said:

So UGA under Kirby has never accepted a transfer student or tried to flip a commitment to another school?  Yea, right.

2 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Hey Fred have a coke and a smile. Maybe y’all get us again so we can go for the trifecta. 

Trying to dodge that comment huh?  Not even a good deflection.

9 hours ago, Fred said:

Trying to dodge that comment huh?  Not even a good deflection.

No dodging here Fred just stating the facts. You guys recruit off the charts and still lose to Lowndes despite your efforts. Talking about deflection. But hang in there guy ya never know. 

On 7/10/2020 at 10:16 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

How has Grayson players turned out ? I haven't checked but I haven't heard anything from them after high school. All I remember is nkemdiche.

On 7/13/2020 at 6:39 AM, MTP28 said:

No dodging here Fred just stating the facts. You guys recruit off the charts and still lose to Lowndes despite your efforts. Talking about deflection. But hang in there guy ya never know. 

Just stating facts huh?  Okay, answer the question.  You said Kirby doesn't like players that have moved around.  I ask again.  Has Kirby ever accepted a player that either a) transferred or b) changed their commitment?  Further, has Kirby or his staff ever attempted to get a player committed to another school to change their commitment to UGA?  Answer those questions.  Enlighten us all with your comprehensive knowledge of well, everything since you claim to know so much about the inner working of our team.  240+ miles away and yet you know everything.  That would be a good trick if it even came close to being true.

I believe if you check the records you will find the record between Lowndes and Grayson is 2-2.  While the 2018 team was talented, given all the other issues beating them doesn't impress me and shouldn't impress you.  Last year's game was about 2 plays from being a different outcome from what I've been told.  Due to job commitments I wasn't able to be there so I can only go by what I've read.  Overall my point is that you are being far too smug for the reality of the situation.  Yes, Lowndes has won the last two.  We won the first two meetings and have won 2 state championships since the last time Lowndes was relevant.We have nothing to be ashamed of with our record against Lowndes nor are we afraid of Lowndes in any way.

On 7/13/2020 at 8:14 AM, Ga96 said:

How has Grayson players turned out ? I haven't checked but I haven't heard anything from them after high school. All I remember is nkemdiche.

There have been more than a few.  Several went to the service academies and did well.  Others held their own in the rest of the NCAA.  A couple to the NFL.  It's not hard to look it up.  Let's see, the only one I remember from Lowdes was a certain player that had issues controlling his anger.

Edited: Dang I hate typos.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Fred said:

There have been more than a few.  Several went to the service academies and did well.  Others held their own in the rest of the NCAA.  A couple to the NFL.  It's not hard to look it up.  Let's see, the only one I remember from Lowdes was a certain player that had issues controlling his anger.

Edited: Dang I hate typos.

Well that’s most likely right in your case being an old geezer. Let’s see Kenny Moore (Colts), Telvin Smith (Jaguars), and of course the one from 07 that’s playing in the CFL. There are more but that’s without further research. Question, how’s that ledge walker that likes bath salts doing. And oh by the way lot more players that were in the league. Two from Dallas, one from the Redskins, another from the Colts that won a SB ring. Questions Anyone??

11 hours ago, Fred said:

Just stating facts huh?  Okay, answer the question.  You said Kirby doesn't like players that have moved around.  I ask again.  Has Kirby ever accepted a player that either a) transferred or b) changed their commitment?  Further, has Kirby or his staff ever attempted to get a player committed to another school to change their commitment to UGA?  Answer those questions.  Enlighten us all with your comprehensive knowledge of well, everything since you claim to know so much about the inner working of our team.  240+ miles away and yet you know everything.  That would be a good trick if it even came close to being true.

I believe if you check the records you will find the record between Lowndes and Grayson is 2-2.  While the 2018 team was talented, given all the other issues beating them doesn't impress me and shouldn't impress you.  Last year's game was about 2 plays from being a different outcome from what I've been told.  Due to job commitments I wasn't able to be there so I can only go by what I've read.  Overall my point is that you are being far too smug for the reality of the situation.  Yes, Lowndes has won the last two.  We won the first two meetings and have won 2 state championships since the last time Lowndes was relevant.We have nothing to be ashamed of with our record against Lowndes nor are we afraid of Lowndes in any way.

Well yes I saw both games and not sure what you were referring too about two games as I saw both. With regard to your little school. Most of your players migrated north to your little upstart school. Funny Herron a HOF coach couldn’t stand the stinch of cheating as he knew what and how to build a team with integrity. And while we are at it let’s be real about how y’all play in Greenville. Watched both games up there which clearly indicated home cooking. And finally 5SC outweighs a yearly recruited team. Hope this helps there Fred!!

17 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Well that’s most likely right in your case being an old geezer. Let’s see Kenny Moore (Colts), Telvin Smith (Jaguars), and of course the one from 07 that’s playing in the CFL. There are more but that’s without further research. Question, how’s that ledge walker that likes bath salts doing. And oh by the way lot more players that were in the league. Two from Dallas, one from the Redskins, another from the Colts that won a SB ring. Questions Anyone??

An old geezer and proud of it so that attempt at ridiculing me fell flat on its face.  Try again.  PS, nothing will work because I don't care enough about you to be impacted by any names you want to try.  All it does is make you look ... well petty and infantile come to mind.

Lowndes has been open since 1966.  We have been open since 2000.  If Lowndes is the great powerhouse of football you proclaim, I would expect there to be more players than Grayson has had.  Many more opportunities.  But for the record there have been 4.  One is currently playing.  I'll let you figure out who it is.

That's funny that you make fun of Robert.  Let's see, Mr. Reid's temper and proclivity for weed got him kicked of his college team and he has bounced around playing almost football in the arena league and the CFL.  Yep, clearly someone I would hold up as a paragon of virtue.