3 votes for 2019 Harrison

3 votes for 2012 Norcross

4 votes for 2011 Buford

3 votes for 2011 Tucker

4 votes for 2019 Buford

7 votes for 2015 Colquitt County

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

2011 Buford over 2012 Norcross?

I’m confused why people are making this pick.  Did 2011 Buford even win states?

They didn't, but they were as dominant a team as you could get. They scored 7 or more touchdowns in several games and allowed no more than 20 points in many games.

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

They didn't, but they were as dominant a team as you could get. They scored 7 or more touchdowns in several games and allowed no more than 20 points in many games.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/buford-wolves-(buford,ga)/football-fall-11/schedule.htm

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/norcross-blue-devils-(norcross,ga)/football-fall-12/schedule.htm

One of these is very impressive the other...not so much.   Buford played no one until their last two games which they went 1-1 and both were relatively close.   Then you look at Norcross’ schedule and you see it’s 20x more competitive.   That and they had a bunch of NFL players and went u defeated.  

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/buford-wolves-(buford,ga)/football-fall-11/schedule.htm

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/norcross-blue-devils-(norcross,ga)/football-fall-12/schedule.htm

One of these is very impressive the other...not so much.   Buford played no one until their last two games which they went 1-1 and both were relatively close.   Then you look at Norcross’ schedule and you see it’s 20x more competitive.   That and they had a bunch of NFL players and went u defeated.  

Very true. I would have picked Norcross, too. But I guess others don't see that way. I can't judge, because it's an open vote.

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yeah people only remember Norcross from that 2013 game.  That’s why they hate on them SMH.

That's when they beat my school in the finals. We remember that for the wrong reasons. But that 2012 Norcross team was good, especially with Kamara. 

33 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Buford has always been a sneaky good program, it's hard to fault picking them 

38 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

and the fact that 2013 team won state shows why FL is better than GA 

You do know Grayson beat Miami Central in 2012 and Miami Central went on to win state and finish number 1 in Florida while Grayson didn't even win state that year right? I guess that means Georgia is better the FL with that being said, huh? Lol

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You do know Grayson beat Miami Central in 2012 and Miami Central went on to win state and finish number 1 in Florida while Grayson didn't even win state that year right? I guess that means Georgia is better the FL with that being said, huh? Lol

so GA was top for one season? lol 

has GA beaten the number 1 team in FL since 2012?

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

so GA was top for one season? lol 

has GA beaten the number 1 team in FL since 2012?

We beat Armwood. That's gotta get Georgia some credit. Lowndes beat Northwestern, too. Marietta beat Edgewater. I'd say that's pretty dominant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

We beat Armwood. That's gotta get Georgia some credit. Lowndes beat Northwestern, too. Marietta beat Edgewater. I'd say that's pretty dominant.

good wins but none of them were number 1 in FL

MNW and Edgewater were top 5 but not the top spot, last time FL that it was number 1 vs number 1 (excluding IMG vs Grayson in 2016) was in 2013 and FL team won 55-0

17 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Has Florida done that since 2013? I feel like our top GA teams have beaten more top FL teams since 2012. 

GA hasn't faced the top team in Florida since 2013 so we wouldn't know 

I do think FL is much better depth wise then people give credit for because most people just assume it's STA and a few Miami schools but there are some good Florida teams that never get a chance to prove themselves

18 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Has Florida done that since 2013? I feel like our top GA teams have beaten more top FL teams since 2012. 

I could also point out several powerhouses that have not even had a chance to face the top GA teams in that stretch

I'll give GA this, they definitely pick their matchups better than FL, they don't blindly agree to teams since that Norcross blowout, they are careful and pick teams they match up well against so they won't get embarrassed

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

GA hasn't faced the top team in Florida since 2013 so we wouldn't know 

I do think FL is much better depth wise then people give credit for because most people just assume it's STA and a few Miami schools but there are some good Florida teams that never get a chance to prove themselves

So if the state of GA doesn't face the number 1 team in Florida it doesn't count? 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

So if the state of GA doesn't face the number 1 team in Florida it doesn't count? 

Not entirely it's more of a pattern

You see some top GA teams (even some number 1 teams in the state) facing other top FL teams but never the top one since that beatdown and most if not all these top Matchups take place in the peach state, so Is it really fair to say GA is a better state than FL when they are so careful with the matchups and have every built in advantage

Take last year MNW vs Lowndes for example, anyone who knows about MNW knows their biggest weakness is discipline which is the worst possible trait to have when traveling to South GA and facing a well coached Lowndes program especially when the officials in South GA have always had an ax to grind with FL teams and have for decades 

That doesn't take anything away from Lowndes as they just played the game and the stuff surrounding it isn't their responsibility but can matchups like that really determine that GA is a better state? 

Again I never said GA wasn't a great football state but I am not convinced that having every built in handicap in your favor is enough to justify a state being better than the other