Official Georgia Decade Tournament

ngdawg

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

2011 Buford over 2012 Norcross?

I’m confused why people are making this pick.  Did 2011 Buford even win states?

2012 Norcross was sick!

2011 was LOADED, kinda like Grayson that lost to BC. 

I went over it a while back but seeing it was you and your football savvy didn’t feel the need. 

bgw

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Well Buford has beaten larger teams before and we picking these tournaments like it was a live tournament right? These tournaments have upsets like in real life so of the ones listed I felt that was a upset pick but idk why the others voted for Buford and I can't begin to explain their reasonings for it 

Because of ...... intellect, savvy?

bgw

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

I hope you were saying the same thing when MNW played IMG...

I'm not sure I even talked about the game this past year but the year before I realized after a quarter that MNW wasn't gonna win, it was clear that MNW wasn't gonna stop committing dumb penalities and shooting themselves in the foot which is basically what I meant when I said MNW was a bad matchup 

Take that for what it is, hopefully it answered that question

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

@FootballGuy MNW is a very talented team by all means, don't get me wrong but it's been clear the last few years when they leave the state and face teams who are better coached or more disciplined they get exposed 

so you don't think they can beat top teams from OOS based off of talent alone? Because MNW always has ballers.

Do you think they could beat a team like Bignham or Eastside Catholic? 

Now that you mention it... did you feel like they were gonna lose the Chandler game off the rip back in 2017? 

17 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Who in GA in 2013 would have matched up well enough to beat BTW or at least who comes closest

Well there are a lot of teams that would’ve performed better than Norcross did in August, the 55-0 was a disgrace and is not hard to improve upon. No one was going to beat them, though

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Well there are a lot of teams that would’ve performed better than Norcross did in August, the 55-0 was a disgrace and is not hard to improve upon. No one was going to beat them, though

Didn't really answer his question, but hey, at least you tried. 

14 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

so you don't think they can beat top teams from OOS based off of talent alone? Because MNW always has ballers.

Now that you mention it... did you feel like they were gonna lose the Chandler game off the rip back in 2017? 

No I won't lie I thought they would handle themselves against Chandler but as I watched the game I started to realize that MNW wasn't gonna just be able to out athlete teams in these games and that's when I started to realize they probably weren't as suited as other FL programs with playing these type of games 

14 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

They do have ballers though but that Chandler game really exposed where they aren't as strong as a team 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They do have ballers though but that Chandler game really exposed where they aren't as strong as a team 

They were certainly strong the year they went to Texas and knocked off SLC at their house. I think SLC was on a 45 or 50 game winning streak at the time. Great game and good win for FL. 

16 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

No I won't lie I thought they would handle themselves against Chandler but as I watched the game I started to realize that MNW wasn't gonna just be able to out athlete teams in these games and that's when I started to realize they probably weren't as suited as other FL programs with playing these type of games 

But they still manage to win state when it's all said and done. How do you think they'd match up with a team like Bingham, East or Eastside Catholic? Bishop Gorman a bad match-up for them as well? 

2 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

If I remember correctly it was 55-0 in middle of the 3rd. Could have been a 90-0 game BTW called the dogs off.

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

But they still manage to win state when it's all said and done. How do you think they'd match up with a team like Bingham, East or Eastside Catholic? Bishop Gorman a bad match-up for them as well? 

That was a weak top class Georgia champion. If I remember they did not travel in the playoffs.

MNW would beat all those teams in my opinion. Eastside Catholic got demolished by Marietta in the GEICO bowl games.

Final Standings for the Top Left:

7 votes for 2016 Grayson

6 votes for 2018 Lee County

1 vote for 2018 Blessed Trinity

5 votes for 2019 North Gwinnett

2 votes for 2011 Colquitt County

4 votes for 2016 Mill Creek

3 votes for 2018 Cedar Grove

4 votes for 2013 Creekside

3 votes for 2019 Harrison

3 votes for 2012 Norcross

4 votes for 2011 Buford

3 votes for 2011 Tucker

4 votes for 2019 Buford

7 votes for 2015 Colquitt County

Next section will be posted shortly.

@BUFORDGAWOLVES@954gator@Columbiafan@CCBlackhatter@imaGoodBoyNow@HooverOutlaw@Omaha Vol and others...

Bottom Right First Round:

(1) 2014 Colquitt County vs. (16) 2010 Tucker

(8) 2018 Archer vs. (9) 2017 Blessed Trinity

(5) 2016 Cartersville vs. (12) 2018 Cartersville

(4) 2013 Norcross vs. (13) 2016 Benedictine

(6) 2017 Lowndes vs. (11) 2010 Buford

(3) 2011 Grayson vs. (14) 2014 Grayson

(7) 2013 Buford vs. (10) 2015 Cartersville

(2) 2017 North Gwinnett vs. (15) 2010 North Gwinnett

Voting will close by Tuesday at 9:00 pm. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

33 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

MNW would beat all those teams in my opinion. Eastside Catholic got demolished by Marietta in the GEICO bowl games.

Baby boy, just because Marietta did what they did doesn't mean that the next team would do it too. Now I would lean towards MNW, but @Columbiafan mentioned how MNW can't hang with teams who are better coached and more disciplined, so I wanted to see if he thinks that MNW can beat teams like the ones I mentioned. 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Baby boy, just because Marietta did what they did doesn't mean that the next team would do it too. Now I would lean towards MNW, but @Columbiafan mentioned how MNW can't hang with teams who are better coached and more disciplined, so I wanted to see if he thinks that MNW can beat teams like the ones I mentioned. 

Ok, but I think MNW can give Marietta a decent run for its money, too. Maybe not win, but at least provide good competition. I will say one thing, though: Marietta this year was weird. They played amazing against great teams, but played very badly against others. It was a very confusing season in my opinion.

I think they would match up with those 3 better than Lowndes or Chandler 

Bishop Gorman it depends on what year, they were down last year but the teams from a few years back were dominate

• Thanks 1