Who is this Florida team?

Columbiafan

Posted it over on the Florida HS Football board but wanted to see if anyone here can get all the correct answers first

The team in question between 1982 and 2005 lost in the postseason to 5 teams ranked nationally in the USA top 25 poll

Columbia

Bonus question #1

Who were the 5 teams and how did they finish the season?

1982 Pensacola Woodham       State Champions

1984 Pensacola Woodham       State Champions

1988 Pine Forest                        State Champions

1997 Miami Carol City               State Champions

Bonus question #2

How many additional state champion/s did this team lose to in the playoffs during that stretch not including the ones in the above questions?

Bonus question #3

What nationally ranked team did this school beat in the same season that they lost to another nationally ranked team in the playoffs?

I'll leave this open until all 4 questions have been answered 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Posted it over on the Florida HS Football board but wanted to see if anyone here can get all the correct answers first

The team in question between 1982 and 2005 lost in the postseason to 5 teams ranked nationally in the USA top 25 poll

Bonus question #1

Bonus question #2

How many additional state champion/s did this team lose to in the playoffs during that stretch not including the ones in the above questions?

Bonus question #3

What nationally ranked team did this school beat in the same season that they lost to another nationally ranked team in the playoffs?

Are we allowed to look this up? Because I sure as heck don't know which teams were even relevant in the 80s.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Considering I was 2 when this challenge ends in terms of time period, Google may be my friend.

Technically while the time period was through 2005 I never said the last year of the postseason losses was in 05

I just used that timetable because that's the primary source I used when making the post lol

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Technically while the time period was through 2005 I never said the last year of the postseason losses was in 05

I just used that timetable because that's the primary source I used when making the post lol

Basically this means that the last of the 5 postseason losses to nationally ranked teams could have come earlier in those years listed 

• Thanks 1

Bonus question #1

Bonus question #2

Bonus question #3

For question 1, I'll guess Jones, BTW, Northwestern, Carol City, and Central. Of course, I'm utterly clueless without online research.

• Like 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

For question 1, I'll guess Jones, BTW, Northwestern, Carol City, and Central. Of course, I'm utterly clueless without online research.

2/5 of those teams were nationally ranked during the stretch I listed however only one actually faced the team who is the answer to the question at the top 

Remember though, the first question (not the bonus ones) is based on a team who lost to 5 of the teams ranked nationally but I never said they themselves were nationally ranked in those games :)

but good initial guess so I'll actually add the team bolded above who was one of the 5 nationally ranked teams 

• Thanks 1

Bonus question #1

Miami Carol City

Bonus question #2

Bonus question #3

For bonus question 1 again, I'm going with Armwood and Lakeland. Don't have much other guesses for that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

For bonus question 1 again, I'm going with Armwood and Lakeland. Don't have much other guesses for that.

Good try 

Lakeland was nationally ranked during that stretch however they never faced the top team during that stretch in a postseason game

Here Below is the list of USA today nationally ranked FL teams from that stretch, maybe this will help 

1982 Woodham
1983 Woodham
1983 Manatee
1984 Woodham
1985 Escambia
1986 Escambia
1987 Pine Forest
1988 Pine Forest
1989 Manatee
1990 Buchholz
1991 Fort Walton Beach
1992 St Thomas Aquinas
1992 Manatee
1993 Miami Southridge
1993 Bradenton Southeast
1994 Bradenton Southeast
1995 Bolles
1996 Miami Carol City
1996 Lakeland
1997 Miami Carol City
1998 Miami Northwestern
1999 Lakeland
1999 Glades Central
2000 Venice
2000 Palm Bay
2001 Lincoln
2001 St Thomas Aquinas
2002 Blanche Ely
2003 Miami Carol City
2003 Miami Northwestern
2004 Miami Killian
2004 Lakeland
2005 Lakeland
2005 St Thomas Aquinas

Bonus question #1

Miami Carol City

Bonus question #2

Bonus question #3

And is the team in question Columbia or Madison County? Just guessing at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

And is the team in question Columbia or Madison County? Just guessing at this point.

Columbia is the answer to the top one

The other questions remain at large however and they faced 4 additional teams in the above list in the postseason as well as another state champion and beat a nationally ranked team (at the time they played) in the postseason

• Thanks 1

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Columbia is the answer to the top one

The other questions remain at large however and they faced 4 additional teams in the above list in the postseason as well as another state champion and beat a nationally ranked team (at the time they played) in the postseason

Of course it was Columbia! I should have known lol. More guesses coming up in a second. 

• Haha 1

Columbia

Bonus question #1

Miami Carol City

Bonus question #2

Bonus question #3

For bonus question one, let's go with Escambia, Manatee, Bolles, and STA.

For bonus question two, let's say 6.

For bonus question three, let's say Pine Forest or Southridge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

For bonus question one, let's go with Escambia, Manatee, Bolles, and STA.

For bonus question two, let's say 6.

For bonus question three, let's say Pine Forest or Southridge.

good try but no on the top ones 

no on the second one 

no on the third one but one of those 2 could be an answer to another question listed 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

good try but no on the top ones 

no on the second one 

no on the third one but one of those 2 could be an answer to another question listed 

So it's either Southridge or Pine Forest for the first one.

Second one, let's go with 8.

Third one, let's go with Woodham and maybe Bradenton Southeast. Hopefully one is right.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

So it's either Southridge or Pine Forest for the first one.

Second one, let's go with 8.

Third one, let's go with Woodham and maybe Bradenton Southeast. Hopefully one is right.

a bit high 

Pine Forest is correct for one of the first ones and they were also the highest ranked team to beat Columbia in the playoffs in 1988 as they finished number 1 nationally 

third one is same as before with it answering a different question, interestingly enough Columbia lost to a nationally ranked Woodham team, twice