Who is this Florida team?

Columbiafan

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

also for the last answer, the team Columbia beat was nationally ranked when they played but didn't finish ranked in the final poll thus they aren't listed above 

For the last one, have I mentioned that team already for a different answer? Or is it completely new. Still haven't tried to look it up, but it's hard for a GA kid.

• Like 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

For the last one, have I mentioned that team already for a different answer? Or is it completely new. Still haven't tried to look it up, but it's hard for a GA kid.

for the first question is what I meant but the team hasn't been guessed yet, and the answer to the bonus question 3 hasn't been mentioned yet either 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

for the first question is what I meant but the team hasn't been guessed yet, and the answer to the bonus question 3 hasn't been mentioned yet either 

I'll give others a chance to guess because I've kinda been hogging it. If I think of any teams, I'll let you know. But while I'm at it, lemme guess Venice for either one because I've heard of them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

I'll give others a chance to guess because I've kinda been hogging it. If I think of any teams, I'll let you know. But while I'm at it, lemme guess Venice for either one because I've heard of them.

that's a good try but Columbia while they have beaten Venice in the postseason before, it wasn't during this stretch and I don't think they were nationally ranked when the game happened 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

@Columbiafan This was a great idea and I love trivia. I may consider doing a mini quiz on a new thread sometime. Nice creativity.

I didn't plan to post it here but I came across this info when I was doing the research for my all time FL bracket and I realized this could be worth posting here and it would defuse the lies that the clueless morons on here post that Columbia face nobodies and lose to nobodies when they don't have a fucking clue 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Good try 

Lakeland was nationally ranked during that stretch however they never faced the top team during that stretch in a postseason game

Here Below is the list of USA today nationally ranked FL teams from that stretch, maybe this will help 

1982 Woodham
1983 Woodham
1983 Manatee
1984 Woodham
1985 Escambia
1986 Escambia
1987 Pine Forest
1988 Pine Forest
1989 Manatee
1990 Buchholz
1991 Fort Walton Beach
1992 St Thomas Aquinas
1992 Manatee
1993 Miami Southridge
1993 Bradenton Southeast
1994 Bradenton Southeast
1995 Bolles
1996 Miami Carol City
1996 Lakeland
1997 Miami Carol City
1998 Miami Northwestern
1999 Lakeland
1999 Glades Central
2000 Venice
2000 Palm Bay
2001 Lincoln
2001 St Thomas Aquinas
2002 Blanche Ely
2003 Miami Carol City
2003 Miami Northwestern
2004 Miami Killian
2004 Lakeland
2005 Lakeland
2005 St Thomas Aquinas

Wasn’t Maynard Evans (Orlando) ranked pretty high in the 80s? I thought I remembered seeing them in the polls. 

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Not sure how many more angles ColumbiaFanboy can come up with on how to mention Columbia on a national forum. Thought he maxed out all those last year

Oh look the village idiot found another way to leach off a poster like myself who is actually relevant unlike yourself, but keep blabbing because you have nothing you big loser with nothing

Just now, Columbiafan said:

2013 for football I believe but they have never played in a postseason game in FL

Oh yeah, I should have remembered that. This one is still tough. Chances are I've never heard of this school anyways. My other guesses are Wekiva, Apopka, and Columbus, because I've heard of them and just now remembered.

• Like 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

Oh yeah, I should have remembered that. This one is still tough. Chances are I've never heard of this school anyways. My other guesses are Wekiva, Apopka, and Columbus, because I've heard of them and just now remembered.

We have only played one of those teams in regular season or postseason (Apopka) but it wasn't a postseason game 

I think the last one will come as a surprise but I would suggest best shot is focus on the last remaining nationally ranked team which is someone from the list I posted 

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

We have only played one of those teams in regular season or postseason (Apopka) but it wasn't a postseason game 

I think the last one will come as a surprise but I would suggest best shot is focus on the last remaining nationally ranked team which is someone from the list I posted 

Blanche Ely or Buchholtz. Both I've never heard of, so I'll go with one of them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Ironically Columbia lost to Buchholz in the regular season the following season but not in 1990 

Ely they faced off in a bowl game but that was back in the 70s

At this point, I could literally run through the list. The second question and third question are definitely harder, especially considering you said the third question team was not on the list.

• Like 1