N.Y. Q.B. transfering to Ga....

DBP66

This kid is transferring to a H.S. in Georgia due to the uncertainty of his N.Y season. This kid is a stud. I've seen him play a few times. This H.S. is getting a good one!

Cornwall's Semo bound for Georgia

Sal Interdonato |  Times Herald-Record

Ever since Aidan Semo took his first football snap for Cornwall as an eighth grader, there was always discussion on how long the talented quarterback’s time in Section 9 would last.

Prep schools started pursuing Semo before he reached high school, hoping to lure him away. Semo said he was coming back to Cornwall and he lived up to hype. 

Aidan Semo

Cornwall produced one of the section’s greatest runs with Semo under center, winning back-to-back state titles and 24 consecutive games over the last two seasons. Semo started the first 17 games of the streak before a collarbone injury sidelined him in week five of 2019.

As the chances for playing football in New York state this fall appear bleak, Semo decided to take the prep-school route for his next snap. The highly touted signal caller is transferring to Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School in northern Georgia for his junior season.

“The chance of not having sports and everything that is going on in the north is definitely a big part of (my decision),” said Semo, who has received college recruiting interest from a number of NCAA Division I schools. “Either way, no matter what would have happened here, this move is definitely going to be best for my future.”

Busy recruitment

Rutgers, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Boston College and Duke are among the schools that have shown interest in the 6-foot-3, 195-pound Semo. He picked Rabun Gap over other prep schools in Georgia and Texas. Rabun coach Joe Sturdivant told Semo his school would have a season this fall. New York has not made a decision on fall sports but the proposal that is gaining the most traction is a season from March to May of 2021, supposedly after an expected second wave of the COVID-19 virus.

“It’s definitely a tough decision,” Semo said. “This past season was my third on the varsity and we have been through so much together at Cornwall. These kids are all my best friends. They get that I’m making this decision on what’s best for me and I’m glad that they understand that.

“This is the year I decided that I have to make a decision that was best for me and this is the move.”

Semo talked over his decision with Cornwall coach Ryan Baldock and called his teammates on Sunday so they were not blindsided with the news.

Wish him well

“He has our full support,” said Baldock, who is Semo’s godfather. “Obviously, we are going to miss him in our program and what he brought to the table every day, not just in football but in school and in the classroom. He just was the epitome of what you want in a high school student-athlete.”

Semo was recently selected to serve on the New York State Public High School Athletic Association’s student-athlete advisory board.

Semo completed 195 of 324 passes for 3,209 yards, 38 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 23 career games (17 starts) for Cornwall. He isn’t being handed the starting position at Rabun Gap with the return of junior quarterback Matt Lin.

“Coach (Sturdivant) made it clear that if I want to come in and play that I’m going to have to prove myself to him and all the other guys,” Semo said. “He’s a new coach there as well. I’ll be able to go in there and do my thing and be all right.”

As for Cornwall, Baldock said a talent like Semo can’t be replaced but the Dragons have some intriguing options. Rising senior Jack Diamond, a former junior varsity quarterback, made some clutch catches in Cornwall’s 2019 title run. Rising sophomore Daniel Breheny was slated to be Semo’s backup this season.

“I don’t want to say it was completely unexpected but it’s not something you are prepared for the morning after to make a decision,” Baldock said. “I will say we have a couple of guys that are extremely talented athletes.

“I know I speak for everyone with Aidan’s decision, we are 100 percent behind him. Obviously, we don’t want to see him go. He’s doing what’s in his best interest and nobody will ever judge him for that.”

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

This kid is transferring to a H.S. in Georgia due to the uncertainty of his N.Y season. This kid is a stud. I've seen him play a few times. This H.S. is getting a good one!

Ever since Aidan Semo took his first football snap for Cornwall as an eighth grader, there was always discussion on how long the talented quarterback’s time in Section 9 would last.

Prep schools started pursuing Semo before he reached high school, hoping to lure him away. Semo said he was coming back to Cornwall and he lived up to hype. 

Aidan Semo

Cornwall produced one of the section’s greatest runs with Semo under center, winning back-to-back state titles and 24 consecutive games over the last two seasons. Semo started the first 17 games of the streak before a collarbone injury sidelined him in week five of 2019.

As the chances for playing football in New York state this fall appear bleak, Semo decided to take the prep-school route for his next snap. The highly touted signal caller is transferring to Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School in northern Georgia for his junior season.

“The chance of not having sports and everything that is going on in the north is definitely a big part of (my decision),” said Semo, who has received college recruiting interest from a number of NCAA Division I schools. “Either way, no matter what would have happened here, this move is definitely going to be best for my future.”

Busy recruitment

Rutgers, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Boston College and Duke are among the schools that have shown interest in the 6-foot-3, 195-pound Semo. He picked Rabun Gap over other prep schools in Georgia and Texas. Rabun coach Joe Sturdivant told Semo his school would have a season this fall. New York has not made a decision on fall sports but the proposal that is gaining the most traction is a season from March to May of 2021, supposedly after an expected second wave of the COVID-19 virus.

“It’s definitely a tough decision,” Semo said. “This past season was my third on the varsity and we have been through so much together at Cornwall. These kids are all my best friends. They get that I’m making this decision on what’s best for me and I’m glad that they understand that.

“This is the year I decided that I have to make a decision that was best for me and this is the move.”

Semo talked over his decision with Cornwall coach Ryan Baldock and called his teammates on Sunday so they were not blindsided with the news.

Wish him well

“He has our full support,” said Baldock, who is Semo’s godfather. “Obviously, we are going to miss him in our program and what he brought to the table every day, not just in football but in school and in the classroom. He just was the epitome of what you want in a high school student-athlete.”

Semo was recently selected to serve on the New York State Public High School Athletic Association’s student-athlete advisory board.

Semo completed 195 of 324 passes for 3,209 yards, 38 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 23 career games (17 starts) for Cornwall. He isn’t being handed the starting position at Rabun Gap with the return of junior quarterback Matt Lin.

“Coach (Sturdivant) made it clear that if I want to come in and play that I’m going to have to prove myself to him and all the other guys,” Semo said. “He’s a new coach there as well. I’ll be able to go in there and do my thing and be all right.”

As for Cornwall, Baldock said a talent like Semo can’t be replaced but the Dragons have some intriguing options. Rising senior Jack Diamond, a former junior varsity quarterback, made some clutch catches in Cornwall’s 2019 title run. Rising sophomore Daniel Breheny was slated to be Semo’s backup this season.

“I don’t want to say it was completely unexpected but it’s not something you are prepared for the morning after to make a decision,” Baldock said. “I will say we have a couple of guys that are extremely talented athletes.

“I know I speak for everyone with Aidan’s decision, we are 100 percent behind him. Obviously, we don’t want to see him go. He’s doing what’s in his best interest and nobody will ever judge him for that.”

Never even heard of this Georgia school. Unless it's also known as Rabun County High School. In which case, he'll have to sit for a year behind Gunner Stockton.

7 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Aidan Semo

Busy recruitment

Wish him well

Tell Mr. Semo that Buford has a guaranteed Power 5 offer if he wants it, just requires hard work and hitting; if he's not interested in hard work and hitting... I hear Grayson has apartments for rent. Bring cash to Buford, we have houses going up 400- plusK... the apartments are old and we unfortunately allowed during moonshining season. It was a good year.

bgw

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Yeah, he's probably the third best passer in Georgia behind Brock Vandagriff and Carlos Del Rio-Wilson. He threw for the most or second most yards last year.

the article mentions this kid..."He isn’t being handed the starting position at Rabun Gap with the return of junior quarterback Matt Lin."?? It would be a shame if he went to H.S. and had to sit his Jr. year...the kid who puts him on the bench will have to be REAL good!

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

the article mentions this kid..."He isn’t being handed the starting position at Rabun Gap with the return of junior quarterback Matt Lin."?? It would be a shame if he went to H.S. and had to sit his Jr. year...the kid who puts him on the bench will have to be REAL good!

I believe it's a different high school. That's why I'd never heard of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Never even heard of this Georgia school. Unless it's also known as Rabun County High School. In which case, he'll have to sit for a year behind Gunner Stockton.

It is not Rabun County High School.  It is a boarding school.

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

And it's in Georgia? What logic is that?

It's a location driven thing.  They are about 2 or 3 miles (maybe a touch further) from the state line and nothing their size for miles and miles in GA.  We are talking small.  I'm a little surprised they even play 11 man football.  They have or had a huge school farm and all the kids had to work the farm.  I have no idea if that is still true.  My church used to have a summer camp near there and we would go over there to eat at least one meal a day.  It was some goooood eating!

• Like 1

Just now, Fred said:

It's a location driven thing.  They are about 2 or 3 miles (maybe a touch further) from the state line and nothing their size for miles and miles in GA.  We are talking small.  I'm a little surprised they even play 11 man football.  They have or had a huge school farm and all the kids had to work the farm.  I have no idea if that is still true.  My church used to have a summer camp near there and we would go over there to eat at least one meal a day.  It was some goooood eating!

Apart from the food, it doesn't seem too pleasing. And not too relevant on the football scale in Georgia. 

28 minutes ago, Fred said:

I'ma guess they're in the middle of nowhere... 

Rarely am I ever in that area of Georgia... 

Rabun County has some clean air though... 

6 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

Moving down South to get away from NY?? Sounds like they haven't been reading the news for the last month. The South is the hot zone now and will be til their governors get their heads out of their pieholes. Tables turned.

Semo may wanna stay North.

You'll get blood from a stone first...

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, DBP66 said:

Aidan Semo

Busy recruitment

Wish him well

Have seen this kid play as well.  He has the tools to develop for sure.  Cornwall has solid players around him as well, and the coaching there is VERY QB friendly (A lot of quick reads and RPOs).  Would be interesting to see how he performs under a different scheme.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fred said:

Yeah, but do they get to paint curbs and sell candy bars 😂?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Have seen this kid play as well.  He has the tools to develop for sure.  Cornwall has solid players around him as well, and the coaching there is VERY QB friendly (A lot of quick reads and RPOs).  Would be interesting to see how he performs under a different scheme.

I'm going to try and keep an eye on him. I'd like to see how he does down there. He needs to fill out and but he's only a Jr. so he'll be fine IMO. They have a nice program in Cornwall..just no field to play on! They play on Jr. HS field.

4 hours ago, legendsofthefall said:

Moving down South to get away from NY?? Sounds like they haven't been reading the news for the last month. The South is the hot zone now and will be til their governors get their heads out of their pieholes. Tables turned.

Semo may wanna stay North.

You seem to be illiterate on how to decipher the reported data for Covid-19. The numbers you see plastered all over the web and news channels are faulty and inaccurate. I don't know whether those responsible for calculating and reporting the inaccuracies are doing so deliberately or due to faulty procedure or both. Nonetheless, we should be cautious when making policy based on the current data.

I find it funny that you talk shit about Governor Kemp's decision making when only 1% of the state has been confirmed to have Covid while New York is double that. Additionally, the death rate for confirmed cases in GA is 2.6% while New York comes in at roughly 7.8%. Again, take these numbers with a grain of salt as the "problem" is not as dire as you are lead to believe.

Heck, you got FL reporting confirmed cases of people that came in contact with a person who tested positive, yet all those people were not even tested.

I know of a handful of people that have received "positive" results yet they never actually got tested to begin with.

• Confused 1