Jump to content

N.Y. Q.B. transfering to Ga....


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You seem to be illiterate on how to decipher the reported data for Covid-19. The numbers you see plastered all over the web and news channels are faulty and inaccurate. I don't know whether those responsible for calculating and reporting the inaccuracies are doing so deliberately or due to faulty procedure or both. Nonetheless, we should be cautious when making policy based on the current data.

I find it funny that you talk shit about Governor Kemp's decision making when only 1% of the state has been confirmed to have Covid while New York is double that. Additionally, the death rate for confirmed cases in GA is 2.6% while New York comes in at roughly 7.8%. Again, take these numbers with a grain of salt as the "problem" is not as dire as you are lead to believe.

Heck, you got FL reporting confirmed cases of people that came in contact with a person who tested positive, yet all those people were not even tested.

I know of a handful of people that have received "positive" results yet they never actually got tested to begin with.

See, but this data is very fearful. I would rather be in New York at the moment because the rate at which cases are rising is very low. However, in the other states pictured, the graph is almost exponential. And honestly, I would rather trust the available data than the "presumed" false positive tests. Even if there were significant discrepancies, it would not greatly change the overall trend shown in the graph. I am worried.

corona.PNG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That'll put some hair on a chest. Or burn it off.

Do you also walk ten miles to and from work in the snow up hill both coming and going?

Moving down South to get away from NY?? Sounds like they haven't been reading the news for the last month. The South is the hot zone now and will be til their governors get their heads out of their pi

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

See, but this data is very fearful. I would rather be in New York at the moment because the rate at which cases are rising is very low. However, in the other states pictured, the graph is almost exponential. And honestly, I would rather trust the available data than the "presumed" false positive tests. Even if there were significant discrepancies, it would not greatly change the overall trend shown in the graph. I am worried.

corona.PNG

Check out this article. It was from June, but has a lot of good information in it.

https://medium.com/analyticaper/covid-19-what-the-data-tells-us-3a08e42ee36f

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Check out this article. It was from June, but has a lot of good information in it.

https://medium.com/analyticaper/covid-19-what-the-data-tells-us-3a08e42ee36f

This article provides very helpful information, but besides the opening paragraphs, it mainly discusses the risk of coronavirus and not the spread. Also, it must be taken into consideration that this article was written on June 3rd, much earlier than this giant wave of cases began its ascent. This could have been used as justification prior to mid-June, but I'm certain enough that there cannot be THAT many misreported cases that are finally being piled on now to give the impression of exponentially-growing case numbers. It was a good article, but the publishing date makes it a little less accurate. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Lime Sink has contacted the kid and told him...if he wants a future with a Power 5 Conference...Colquitt County is the answer.

Nuff Said....

 

 

Rufus>>

He probably feels like a big shot playing "prep" school ball. He probably feels more comfortable being the big fish in a small pond.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Lime Sink has contacted the kid and told him...if he wants a future with a Power 5 Conference...Colquitt County is the answer.

Nuff Said....

 

 

Rufus>>

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/zkIDBAEpPkyry6SiHPq41A/high-school-football-programs-in-georgia-with-the-most-nfl-draft-picks-since-2001.htm

This source seems to prove otherwise. However, I could see a potential future for current Colquitt County football stars like Lemeke Brockington.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ngdawg said:

This article provides very helpful information, but besides the opening paragraphs, it mainly discusses the risk of coronavirus and not the spread. Also, it must be taken into consideration that this article was written on June 3rd, much earlier than this giant wave of cases began its ascent. This could have been used as justification prior to mid-June, but I'm certain enough that there cannot be THAT many misreported cases that are finally being piled on now to give the impression of exponentially-growing case numbers. It was a good article, but the publishing date makes it a little less accurate. 

There is a more recent article on the topic as well. You need to read and understand the points made in that article first.

The main point is how the data is misinterpreted and made to seem more severe than it actually is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

He probably feels like a big shot playing "prep" school ball. He probably feels more comfortable being the big fish in a small pond.

Georgia is the wrong state to go to for private school football. He picked the one state which isn't dominated by prep schools. Nice decision-making skills, dude.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

There is a more recent article on the topic as well. You need to read and understand the points made in that article first.

The main point is how the data is misinterpreted and made to seem more severe than it actually is.

I understand the misinterpretation. But at the rate cases are rising, do you really think that there is so much misrepresentation to the point that it is made to seem like an exponential growth in cases when it reality it's still constant or slowed growth? I highly doubt that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You seem to be illiterate on how to decipher the reported data for Covid-19. The numbers you see plastered all over the web and news channels are faulty and inaccurate. I don't know whether those responsible for calculating and reporting the inaccuracies are doing so deliberately or due to faulty procedure or both. Nonetheless, we should be cautious when making policy based on the current data.

I find it funny that you talk shit about Governor Kemp's decision making when only 1% of the state has been confirmed to have Covid while New York is double that. Additionally, the death rate for confirmed cases in GA is 2.6% while New York comes in at roughly 7.8%. Again, take these numbers with a grain of salt as the "problem" is not as dire as you are lead to believe.

Heck, you got FL reporting confirmed cases of people that came in contact with a person who tested positive, yet all those people were not even tested.

I know of a handful of people that have received "positive" results yet they never actually got tested to begin with.

I find it hilarious that you're quoting numbers and not talking about how much the rates are actually rising in your state as of today. Try dealing in reality and current information as of today instead of some random overall percentile and quoting old articles that don't reflect the current rise. Rates are awful and rising down South and Southwest. The rates in NY and NJ have gone way down and that's why you can only come to our safe zone if you quarantine responsibly  for 14 days if you want the privilege of being allowed to visit here.

  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I understand the misinterpretation. But at the rate cases are rising, do you really think that there is so much misrepresentation to the point that it is made to seem like an exponential growth in cases when it reality it's still constant or slowed growth? I highly doubt that.

Does it actually matter? If the real fatality is a fraction of what is being reported, do you suggest we forever live in fear while making drastic changes that will have cause much further damage than the virus itself?

Are we suppose to wear mask for eternity? Eliminate social events forever? Cancel school forever?

I say no. You're entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, legendsofthefall said:

I find it hilarious that you're quoting numbers and not talking about how much the rates are actually rising in your state as of today. Try dealing in reality and current information as of today instead of some random overall percentile and quoting old articles that don't reflect the current rise. Rates are awful and rising down South and Southwest. The rates in NY and NJ have gone way down and that's why you can only come to our safe zone if you quarantine responsibly  for 14 days if you want the privilege of being allowed to visit here.

Yep, 20 more fatalities in GA today than New York.

OMG, Katie bar the fucking door!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Does it actually matter? If the real fatality is a fraction of what is being reported, do you suggest we forever live in fear while making drastic changes that will have cause much further damage than the virus itself?

Are we suppose to wear mask for eternity? Eliminate social events forever? Cancel school forever?

I say no. You're entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree.

Not eternity. But I do believe a lockdown would help. The goal is to limit the virus and to not let it control our lives. However, we must be willing to sacrifice temporarily. A lockdown has proven to reduce case numbers, and I believe that another lockdown could help do the same. We cannot expect this virus to go away on its own. For every benefit one must like, they must sacrifice. I'm sure there's a Bible verse somewhere about that but I'm not Christian. We should not live forever in fear. However, temporary fear may be our only option to help save our country.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Lime Sink has contacted the kid and told him...if he wants a future with a Power 5 Conference...Colquitt County is the answer.

Nuff Said....

 

 

Rufus>>

Nope Rufus, you appropriated that line, I said it first, you need to refresh and change the verbiage!

Hahahaha.

bgw

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

The rates in NY and NJ have gone way down and that's why you can only come to our safe zone if you quarantine responsibly  for 14 days if you want the privilege of being allowed to visit here.

I think the "p" word you were looking for there was punishment.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Maybe in Jersey, at least New York has something to offer.

bgw

Is it just me or does part of Jersey and New York look deserted? I remember riding on a train into the city and it just seemed like there was no life around Secaucus and the New York Red Bulls' stadium.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Is it just me or does part of Jersey and New York look deserted? I remember riding on a train into the city and it just seemed like there was no life around Secaucus and the New York Red Bulls' stadium.

That'd be like riding a train through basically all of Georgia.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Is it just me or does part of Jersey and New York look deserted? I remember riding on a train into the city and it just seemed like there was no life around Secaucus and the New York Red Bulls' stadium.

Have not seen that, have family in Albany, brother born in Waterford, really enjoyed the City. And yes, I drove my 3/4 ton mega cab diesel through there....just move them outta the way. Communicate with the horn and size... New Yorkers are not stupid.

Hahahahaha.

bgw

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, legendsofthefall said:

That'd be like riding a train through basically all of Georgia.

Kind of. When we went down to Lowndes for the state semifinal game, I remember looking out the window after we passed Atlanta and I only saw cotton fields (miles of them). There were just trees and the occasional building or high school, but it mainly just felt like driving through a countryside. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Have not seen that, have family in Albany, brother born in Waterford, really enjoyed the City. And yes, I drove my 3/4 ton mega cab diesel through there....just move them outta the way. Communicate with the horn and size... New Yorkers are not stupid.

Hahahahaha.

bgw

I've only been there a couple times, so my memory may not be the clearest. Maybe I was just imagining things...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I never heard of that school or league that the kid is transferring to. It may be a smart move if he actually wants to play ball though. That league will be governed internally and not a part of the GHSA, that I assume will be a miracle if they actually play a normal season if these numbers don't start slowing down.

Fuck those charts. They are complicated. Best to look at confirmed per 100k by county, which you'll see Colquitt, Brooks and Lowndes are some of the hottest counties, and having read through this thread you may also understand why that is, and also just simply the confirmed case numbers. Another important one to watch is hospitalization numbers. As those rise and the hospitals become inundated again, so to will the deaths rise. 

 

Idk what that school will do for the kid development-wise. Totally obscure league and school. It has to be something else that caused him to make that move than any of the normal reasons like exposure and development by the iron sharpens iron methodology. May just simply be having a legit chance to play this season at all, or, maybe the parents sent him off for some reason that we could never know. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You maybe right, I don’t recall Secaucus. 
 

bgw

Secaucus is famous in my mind because of the NBA Replay Review Center. Apart from that, it has no meaning to me. The only reason I remembered that train station for Secaucus was because of the NBA.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are so many places this transfer could have gone where he could be recognized. McEachern and North Gwinnett come off the top of my head because both teams don't have quality quarterbacks. He could have also gone to a rising 7A program, like Denmark or Harrison. Seems like an odd choice to pick a no-name school to play football.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...