N.Y. Q.B. transfering to Ga....

DBP66

9 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

There are so many places this transfer could have gone where he could be recognized. McEachern and North Gwinnett come off the top of my head because both teams don't have quality quarterbacks. He could have also gone to a rising 7A program, like Denmark or Harrison. Seems like an odd choice to pick a no-name school to play football.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/rabun-gap-nacoochee-eagles-(rabun-gap,ga)/football/schedule.htm

As an aside, his recruiting seems to be going ok already, so, further exposure may not really be needed. Going into that league is a little bit of a head scratcher, but, the promise of a fall season is likely the main reason for going there. I don't think anyone else pretty much anywhere would be willing to guarantee a fall season.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/rabun-gap-nacoochee-eagles-(rabun-gap,ga)/football/schedule.htm

As an aside, his recruiting seems to be going ok already, so, further exposure may not really be needed. Going into that league is a little bit of a head scratcher, but, the promise of a fall season is likely the main reason for going there. I don't think anyone else pretty much anywhere would be willing to guarantee a fall season.

True, but I'd rather judge him based on how he plays against good competition. That would be good preparation for him for the future.

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

He probably feels like a big shot playing "prep" school ball. He probably feels more comfortable being the big fish in a small pond.

he probably just wants to make sure he's playing this fall??...that's the only reason he left. He's is on a team that won back to back State titles and would probably win two more with him at Q.B.....he should get credit for being willing to leave his childhood friends to go play in another world...😉

27 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

EXACTLY!...😉

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Is it just me or does part of Jersey and New York look deserted? I remember riding on a train into the city and it just seemed like there was no life around Secaucus and the New York Red Bulls' stadium.

Secaucus??...I hope you had a nose plug!...smelly, swamp lands...N.J.'s finest!

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Not eternity. But I do believe a lockdown would help. The goal is to limit the virus and to not let it control our lives. However, we must be willing to sacrifice temporarily. A lockdown has proven to reduce case numbers, and I believe that another lockdown could help do the same. We cannot expect this virus to go away on its own. For every benefit one must like, they must sacrifice. I'm sure there's a Bible verse somewhere about that but I'm not Christian. We should not live forever in fear. However, temporary fear may be our only option to help save our country.

To help save our country? Locking the country down is more damaging than the virus itself, and that's a fact Jack.

How about all of the old people quarantine themselves, and let things continue as normal.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

To help save our country? Locking the country down is more damaging than the virus itself, and that's a fact Jack.

How about all of the old people quarantine themselves, and let things continue as normal.

So let's assume this option is viable. How would America go about doing this? What if you have a grandmother or grandfather living at home with you and can't afford to place them in independent care? Would the homeowners still go to work, contract the virus, and bring it home to spread to the grandparents living at home? Seems easy to say, but not easy to implement. Data from your previous article shows that the coronavirus becomes more deadly around the age of 25 years old. By this logic, anyone that age or older could be at a potential risk. Do you suggest then quarantining every who is older than 25? No offense, but your idea is not viable.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

So let's assume this option is viable. How would America go about doing this? What if you have a grandmother or grandfather living at home with you and can't afford to place them in independent care? Would the homeowners still go to work, contract the virus, and bring it home to spread to the grandparents living at home? Seems easy to say, but not easy to implement. Data from your previous article shows that the coronavirus becomes more deadly around the age of 25 years old. By this logic, anyone that age or older could be at a potential risk. Do you suggest then quarantining every who is older than 25? No offense, but your idea is not viable.

Simple... Wash your hands, shower, sanitize your house daily, and wear your pretty little cloth mask while at home with them. 

It's not fucking rocket science. What do these people do with elderly members at their home when they contract any other viral illness that their grandparents could be harmed by?

But nooooo... We want to shut down the world, make every one wear mask all in an attempt to save a very small fraction of the people. Nevermind that this approach will have worse consequences that could span over decades.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Simple... Wash your hands, shower, sanitize your house daily, and wear your pretty little cloth mask while at home with them. 

It's not fucking rocket science. What do these people do with elderly members at their home when they contract any other viral illness that their grandparents could be harmed by?

But nooooo... We want to shut down the world, make every one wear mask all in an attempt to save a very small fraction of the people. Nevermind that this approach will have worse consequences that could span over decades.

Their worried about grandpa catching a virus meanwhile thier sending Grandpa money so he can buy a carton of cancer causing cigarettes so he can smoke during lockdown 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

It will be funny to see your attitude when you reach senior status.  I bet it changes.  You can claim it won't all you want but when you become part of the targeted age group it changes your perspective a good deal.  And that's a fact Jack.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Fred said:

It will be funny to see your attitude when you reach senior status.  I bet it changes.  You can claim it won't all you want but when you become part of the targeted age group it changes your perspective a good deal.  And that's a fact Jack.

Fortunately I am decades away from senior citizen status. 

Stay home, Fred. Nobody is forcing you to come out of quarantine. You can buy your groceries and supplies online, have the pharmacy deliver your meds, and collect your old man check from the government.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Also, I like how you used the word choice of "more deadly" sure a small number of people have died that were not 65+, but "more deadly" doesn't mean it's a serious problem. In fact, the majority of those young people could have just as easily died from their pre-existing condition, but just so happened to have Covid. 

My idea, is way more viable than completely shutting down the world and enforcing every living citizen to either be quarantined indefinitely or enforcing the wearing of a mask.

I realize you aren't even an adult yet, so you have very little understanding of the economy and how much devastation will be caused if we take the route that you and the fear mongers you parrot are demanding. You don't work, own stock as investments, nor have to worry about putting food on the table for several other families that aren't your own.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just a psa... Fred actually works pretty hard. Myself and a Packer kid helped him put in some work a couple of years back, so, I can vouch that in his business, he needs to be able to go out into the public, so certainly this pandemic is cramping his normal routine. 

Well he needs to carry some hand sanitizer around with him and wash his hands often so we can get back to normal.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Well he needs to carry some hand sanitizer around with him and wash his hands often so we can get back to normal.

I hate it, but, normal aint happening for a good long while, man. 

It's been 6 months of this pandemic and we've just been fucking it all up. 

It sucks to be us in 2020 and maybe 2021 too if we don't get our shit together. 

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We just need to make it past November. Like SARS-1, I expect SARS-2 to miraculously "disappear", as well. Then it will be on to the next thing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe 2021 ?lmao it doesn’t work like that, we all had ample time to start using paper bags and metal Straws , now all we can do is Repent and Pray, the Bubonic plague officially hit Colorado this weekend, you don’t have to worry about the second wave of Covid cause the Bubonic plague is already gonna wipe us out

@maxchoboian watch out

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

We just need to make it past November. Like SARS-1, I expect SARS-2 to miraculously "disappear", as well. Then it will be on to the next thing.

I wish that was true, but, not this time. We're stuck with this one. Go and read about the 1917-18 pandemic and you'll start getting an understanding of what we are looking at, except exascerbated by denser populations. 

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Also, I like how you used the word choice of "more deadly" sure a small number of people have died that were not 65+, but "more deadly" doesn't mean it's a serious problem. In fact, the majority of those young people could have just as easily died from their pre-existing condition, but just so happened to have Covid. 

My idea, is way more viable than completely shutting down the world and enforcing every living citizen to either be quarantined indefinitely or enforcing the wearing of a mask.

I realize you aren't even an adult yet, so you have very little understanding of the economy and how much devastation will be caused if we take the route that you and the fear mongers you parrot are demanding. You don't work, own stock as investments, nor have to worry about putting food on the table for several other families that aren't your own.

Look, I understand I'm not old enough. I've been told that for several years now. No need to reinforce it. However, I understand the importance of the economy to society. So if you would like to save your precious economy, wear a mask. If you claim that wearing a mask is against your rights, then watching Colquitt football is against my rights because it's "cruel and unusual punishment". Wear a mask. It's not that hard. The coronavirus is going nowhere, and the sooner we adapt, the more people we keep alive. Just because you are not at risk does not mean others aren't. Please wear a mask if you're not willing to quarantine yourself.

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Maybe 2021 ?lmao it doesn’t work like that, we all had ample time to start using paper bags and metal Straws , now all we can do is Repent and Pray, the Bubonic plague officially hit Colorado this weekend, you don’t have to worry about the second wave of Covid cause the Bubonic plague is already gonna wipe us out

@maxchoboian watch out

Squirrels need to wear masks correctly!

Squirrel with mask, outside of a dorm at Northeastern University ...

• Haha 2