2015 Katy vs 2013 Booker T Washington

ChimpGrip

I assume the common belief around here is that 2013 BTW > 2010 STA and maybe 2008 STA (PLEASE correct if I am wrong or if common opinion differs)

Who would win this game? Being a Texas guy and a fan of Coach Joseph, I go Katy. Also, Katy had the best, most fundamentally sound defense I have ever seen. Fast, physical, and disciplined. If I have one word to use to describe that defense... I'd got with violent. Never have seen a HS lay the wood on offensive players like they do. 

Just now, 954gator said:

I assume the common belief around here is that 2013 BTW > 2010 STA and maybe 2008 STA

Ehhh that's very debatable.    Those 2008 and 2010 STA squads were REALLY REALLY good.  

Yeah from what I remember, the 2010 STA team was largely rebuilt but was riding on a little bit of heartbreak after their stunning loss to Manatee in 2009. 

Also, is 2008 STA considered the best of all the STA teams? Best 5 STA teams in order?

And yes 2013 BTW was very good and probably on the level (or maybe better depending on who you ask) of the 2007-2010 STA teams.

10 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Yeah from what I remember, the 2010 STA team was largely rebuilt but was riding on a little bit of heartbreak after their stunning loss to Manatee in 2009. 

Also, is 2008 STA considered the best of all the STA teams? Best 5 STA teams in order?

And yes 2013 BTW was very good and probably on the level (or maybe better depending on who you ask) of the 2007-2010 STA teams.

2010 team was just savage and I’m not sure people expected them to be as good. Remember if 2009 STA wins state they might  have been the one to be chosen for the Goat STA team.   It was a great 3 year run for sure.   

20 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

I always thought that 2008 team was ridiculous.

They beat Geno Smith's Miramar team 49-2.

Beat Deerfield Beach that was QB'd by Denard Robinson, 65-10.

Gio Bernard and James White in the same backfield. Phillip Dorsett at WR, Brandon Linder on the OL, and Ryan Beker was an awesome HS QB (Ruddock was on the bench as a sophomore). I'm probably missing another 15 D1 kids and another 15 that went to lower division schools too. The defense had a couple major D1 corners (FSU and UF) and Conor O' Neil lead the defense as a LB (Wisconsin).

Their schedule was pretty localized but man that team was polished at every position. That was one of the best teams I've ever seen on the high school level; they were a machine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DownSouth said:

I always thought that 2008 team was ridiculous.

They beat Geno Smith's Miramar team 49-2.

Beat Deerfield Beach that was QB'd by Denard Robinson, 65-10.

Gio Bernard and James White in the same backfield. Phillip Dorsett at WR, Brandon Linder on the OL, and Ryan Beker was an awesome HS QB (Ruddock was on the bench as a sophomore). I'm probably missing another 15 D1 kids and another 15 that went to lower division schools too. The defense had a couple major D1 corners (FSU and UF) and Conor O' Neil lead the defense as a LB (Wisconsin).

Their schedule was pretty localized but man that team was polished at every position. That was one of the best teams I've ever seen on the high school level; they were a machine.

If I recall correctly Dorsett didn’t get much playing time until the 2009 season.   In 2008 main WRs were Carter, Difton, and Bravo-Brown.   Also tight end Gabe holmes and scat back Ronnie Kennedy got a lot of action.   

@The Guru

22 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

I assume the common belief around here is that 2013 BTW > 2010 STA and maybe 2008 STA (PLEASE correct if I am wrong or if common opinion differs)

Who would win this game? Being a Texas guy and a fan of Coach Joseph, I go Katy. Also, Katy had the best, most fundamentally sound defense I have ever seen. Fast, physical, and disciplined. If I have one word to use to describe that defense... I'd got with violent. Never have seen a HS lay the wood on offensive players like they do. 

I'd pick 2015 Katy. Their defense looks pretty good to the naked eye. Only one relatively close game, which was an early-season 7 point win against Woodlands.

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

I'd pick 2015 Katy. Their defense looks pretty good to the naked eye. Only one relatively close game, which was an early-season 7 point win against Woodlands.

'15 Katy defense was the best in Texas HS football history. Held LT (who had the best offense in the state) to something like 179 yards and 7 points. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

BTW by 17 speed kills

Katy defense was pretty fast. Only HS defense I’ve ever seen where it’s like they know what play is going to be run before the ball is snapped. Fast, physical, disciplined, and violent. Seems like every other play resulted in a loss of yards. 

On 7/14/2020 at 11:58 AM, ChimpGrip said:

Never have seen a HS lay the wood on offensive players like they do. 

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Only HS defense I’ve ever seen where it’s like they know what play is going to be run before the ball is snapped.

You clearly have not watched a lot of high school football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

Best to know something about the other team. Even though a prediction is just a guess, I would rather have it be informed than not. 

Thank you. Just making assumptions about another team is not a good idea. I'd rather make a mildly educated guess than a blatant assumption.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Who were Katy’s best players on Defense?

Who was on their Dline?

Paddy Fisher, Colin Wilder, Giovanni Stewart, and others. Will have to go back and look again. What I do know though, 62 points allowed over a 16-game season, including 10 shutouts. All done on the 6A D1 level in Texas. Wins over The Woodlands, Steele, Manvel, Cy Ranch, and LT.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1