Chicago (No politics)

Nolebull813

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

My wife’s family is from Chicago and she seen a ton of history from those ancestry websites. I want to take her up there because neither of us have ever been. We found tickets for $90 round trip on Southwest.

I know about the violence, but isn’t that just in a pocket of the town? Is the whole city a war zone like Portland, and Seattle? Is there anything to do there besides get shot? 

Any info would be much appreciated 

You will be flying into Midway so do not get your car rental at the airport... instead set it up ahead of time and shuttle to any of the car rental places located in the adjacent suburbs ( Berkley, Bedford Park etc ... just a few minutes south on Cicero Ave. ) It will save you a ton of bullshit city taxes and possibly cut your entire rental fee in half.

The same will apply to the hotel/motel thing unless you want to stay at places like the Drake on the near north side or close to the loop. If you choose the motel route, do it in the NW suburbs as you can get the Kennedy Expressway into the city... a 15 to 20 minute drive without traffic. Its always advisable to park in any of the near north side neighborhoods ( just watch the parking signs ) and Uber into the loop area where you will be close to any of the cool stuff you may want to check out.

The touristy stuff like Navy Pier, Hancock Center, Michigan Ave etc are OK but if you want cool non-touristy stuff, check out the blues and jazz places all over the place along with any of the Rush Street bars ( especially on a Friday or Sat evening ). The Art Institute is also quite an experience. Soldier Field is worth a look if they will let you in. Make sure you hit Gibson's on Rush for one of the best steaks you will ever have along with any of the pizza joints... you will not forget either experience. Its also worth taking a drive down Lake Shore drive as well as walking the streets in the area around Oak St Beach. If you can, take a trip to Wrigleyville to check out Cubs Park and the surrounding area.

If you go to the Hancock building, skip the tourist crap at the top along with the fees and taxes and go to the the 95th floor restaurant instead. The views are just a good. You can grab a drink from the bar and walk around to see the city from all directions. If the weather is clear, you will see all the way to Wisconsin.

One very cool thing to do is grab some Vienna Beef sandwiches or hot dogs and go to the Adler Planetarium after the sun sets. Just outside of the building you can sit on the grass next to the lake and check out the skyline while having a cool little picnic. The view of the city skyline is imo the most spectacular in the world.

All of the stuff I mentioned are within close proximity of each other.

The only thing that would put a crimp in your plans is if the city is still in lock down due to Covid.

Have a great trip.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

🖕

bgw

NICE....Is that the finger you are going to use tonight? 🤣

PS: If you are still trying to wash out that black from your skin due to the self hate...

Maybe try (biddy's) China...

I've heard they have some detergent for that...

you must love china ...

19 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Fuck off Troll. 

👆

bgw

You jump all over  me in this thread ...

(for posting actual pics of Seattle for our resident Nazi, who does not think it on fire)

telling me to f'off  ??? 🤣

NICE volunteer job...👍

giphy.gif

PS: replies in like kind must suck for you at times...

7 minutes ago, Troll said:

You jump all over  me in this thread ...

(for posting actual pics of Seattle for our resident Nazi, who does not think it on fire)

telling me to f'off  ??? 🤣

NICE volunteer job...👍

giphy.gif

PS: replies in like kind must suck for you at times...

You must be one lonely sad individual indeed. Attention seeking type. 

Must be boring up there, I would love to trade urban for country. I told my wife if it happens, she can visit anytime. 

A place so quiet, you can hear your heart beat. 

Peace. 

🖕

bgw

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You must be one lonely sad individual indeed. Attention seeking type. 

Must be boring up there, I would love to trade urban for country. I told my wife if it happens, she can visit anytime. 

A place so quiet, you can hear your heart beat. 

Peace. 

🖕

bgw

Nothing wrong with being black...

Not even for those you call 'tokens'.

just thought you should know.

yes ☮️

On 7/26/2020 at 12:28 PM, Nolebull813 said:

My wife’s family is from Chicago and she seen a ton of history from those ancestry websites. I want to take her up there because neither of us have ever been. We found tickets for $90 round trip on Southwest.

I know about the violence, but isn’t that just in a pocket of the town? Is the whole city a war zone like Portland, and Seattle? Is there anything to do there besides get shot? 

Any info would be much appreciated 

While you're banned, take the fam and go to Chicago.

There's a real nice neighborhood on the west side of town known as Austin - it's beautiful. Not dangerous like you hear about.

The people are cool too, they'd love to hear your opinions on current events, the black community, and anything else you normally say here.

Safe travels! :P