Sign in to follow this  
GardenStateBaller

Gofundme oppty for Johns Creek GA baller

The Hunter family has been a shining light in the Denmark, Johns Creek and South Forsyth communities for such a long time.  The loss of Angie and Eugene this week has left us all with such heavy hearts. 

Please help us in supporting their 17yr old son Justin.  Your assistance will be used to establish a trust for Justin.  This will help provide basic life needs and enable him to pursue his educational dreams & aspirations.

• Thanks 5

It's been pretty cool to watch the manna being poured onto that young man today. First time I looked it was like 111k and it has reached 130k since 9 this morning. 

Mostly small donations of between 5 to 50 bucks. A lot from strangers. 

Pretty amazing platform. It feels pretty good to know that the national high school football community played a part in that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's been pretty cool to watch the manna being poured onto that young man today. First time I looked it was like 111k and it has reached 130k since 9 this morning. 

Mostly small donations of between 5 to 50 bucks. A lot from strangers. 

Pretty amazing platform. It feels pretty good to know that the national high school football community played a part in that. 

You don't get that sense of community in many other places. Especially during this time of need, he got the support he needed among the terrible circumstances. To him, though, he'd rather have his parents back more than any amount of money in the world. I feel bad for him and I hope that I'm never in that situation.

• Like 3

Those who are questioning donating thinking its a scam. Im sure there is most likely a lawyer involved or some court appointed papers to make sure the kid nor anyone else does anything negative with the money. 

• Thanks 1

Let’s keep the focus on the kid in his time of need and refrain from pointing to “peripheral” items, that last comment can tip towards a different path like it just did for me... not good. 

Remain focused. 

Thanks,

bgw

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

But it's not $100. It's $130,000 now. Which is absurd.

GoFundMe campaigns are mostly scams.

It’s like a guy at the bottom of an off ramp. Or a church. Or whatever. I don’t have much right now but some have bigger needs than I. I am nobody to judge another mans financial situation or what may have occurred tobget him there. 

I have a group of people who have owed me over three million dollars since 1998 and I know I’ll never see a penny of it. They have the money to pay me and the others owed hundreds of times over but won’t. I could have let that destroy me, but I do what I gotta do to get by. 

Gotta be honest guru. Most of the time I chuckle at your schtick and chalk it up to a lonely dude trying to get laughs and/or attention. But this is different. This is just blatant fuckery and being an inconsiderate prick for absolutely no reason other than to do it. 

A bad look, even for you. 

• Thanks 1

but who is controlling the money?  There is no guarantee the kid will ever see it or what it will be used for. Too many unknowns in a gofundme account.. Better off donating your money to a vetted charity who helps kids in crisis or have suffered trauma . JMHO

10 hours ago, ngdawg said:

He needs that money for both college and life currently in case he has to go to college without a football scholarship. That money should cover his needs for the next few years as he saves up enough money from a job. Don't hate on the kid, it's disrespectful.

You sound like the clueless teenager that you are.

Questioning why an almost adult 17-year-old would $150,000 is not "hating" on the kid.

Get a clue.

10 hours ago, ngdawg said:

You don't get that sense of community in many other places. Especially during this time of need, he got the support he needed among the terrible circumstances. To him, though, he'd rather have his parents back more than any amount of money in the world. I feel bad for him and I hope that I'm never in that situation.

The community he's a part of is Johns Creek which is a pretty well off school/city. They will take care of him.

If you're from Bumfuck, USA and you donated any money to this GoFundMe then you got scammed.

8 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

It’s like a guy at the bottom of an off ramp. Or a church. Or whatever. I don’t have much right now but some have bigger needs than I. I am nobody to judge another mans financial situation or what may have occurred tobget him there. 

I have a group of people who have owed me over three million dollars since 1998 and I know I’ll never see a penny of it. They have the money to pay me and the others owed hundreds of times over but won’t. I could have let that destroy me, but I do what I gotta do to get by. 

Gotta be honest guru. Most of the time I chuckle at your schtick and chalk it up to a lonely dude trying to get laughs and/or attention. But this is different. This is just blatant fuckery and being an inconsiderate prick for absolutely no reason other than to do it. 

A bad look, even for you. 

I'm sorry that you're a mark and that I have common sense.

Nobody whose parents died needs $150,000 (and don't kid yourself: this campaign will surpass that) to continue with their life. Nobody associated with this endeavor could actually explain what the money will be used for. A $150,000 campaign and they have one sentence dedicated to explaining what the money is going to?

That's the fuckery.

What's more is that his parents died from COVID-19 and the guy who started this thread looking for compassion is the same one who has spent months saying it was a hoax and calling it the faux virus.

You can waste your money on whatever you want but I don't.

5 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

but who is controlling the money?  There is no guarantee the kid will ever see it or what it will be used for. Too many unknowns in a gofundme account.. Better off donating your money to a vetted charity who helps kids in crisis or have suffered trauma . JMHO

This makes too much sense for the dopes on this forum.

Why do any research when you can just throw money at a random GoFundMe for a kid that you don't know started by a guy you've never met?

10 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Those who are questioning donating thinking its a scam. Im sure there is most likely a lawyer involved or some court appointed papers to make sure the kid nor anyone else does anything negative with the money. 

You mean like there was in this case?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alleged-ringleader-400000-gofundme-scam-hit-federal-indictment/story?id=68169208

43 minutes ago, The Guru said:

What's more is that his parents died from COVID-19 and the guy who started this thread looking for compassion is the same one who has spent months saying it was a hoax and calling it the faux virus.

Yeah, that's right.

I didn't think about that.

....I know Johns Creek is a so-called client...was thinking in that direction 

But, yeah....

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

These are just from a couple days ago.....he has hundreds and hundreds, possibly thousands of these type posts in the various off-topic threads.

Man, I want to DECK that narcissistic punk!

bandicam 2020-08-02 07-23-15-152.jpg

bandicam 2020-08-02 07-26-50-053.jpg

bandicam 2020-08-02 07-28-03-161.jpg

12 hours ago, The Guru said:

You don't know that he does. You're just giving him part of $130,000 which I promise is an amount of money that no teenage kid "needs" after their parents die.

130,000-150,000 isn’t that much, factor in mortgage payments, Taxes, utilities, Food, Gas, insurance, phone, property tax all your other daily expenses.

your acting like he just got Powerball winnings

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Thanks so much! 

“It’s times like these we give and give again.” —-Dave Grohl 

Maybe you can tell Justin Hunter there was really a $12 cure for his parents.

152k this morning and looking to reach 200k. 

It's not that tough to go find the Go Fund Me curator's Facebook and LinkedIn pages if you have concern about having donated money to this campaign. 

Just look at the Go Fund Me page as it provides the name of the gentleman who started the campaign. There are character references on his LinkedIn from past colleagues and employees. 

Don't let your feelings toward the OP make you regret having done something potentially life changing for this young man. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 3:14 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Tragic story. Both parents passed in the same week. Please feel free to participate if you like. Godspeed @Coach Helmerich 

I think maybe it's time for me to fire up my twitter again and show all these @'s and others just what a despicable moron this gardenball from New Jersey is.......concerning Covid-19.and death.

They should ALL know what they are really dealing with...

35 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

130,000-150,000 isn’t that much, factor in mortgage payments, Taxes, utilities, Food, Gas, insurance, phone, property tax all your other daily expenses.

Mortgage payments? He's a teenager.

This is exactly what I suspected.

"Hey, this kids' parents died. Let's fund the rest of his life."

That's nonsense. Full stop.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

He's a 17-year-old kid with no life responsibilities.

It's up to $153,000 now and won't stop any time soon.

Why are strangers being asked, and agreeing, to fund the rest of his life?

26 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Maybe you can tell Justin Hunter there was really a $12 cure for his parents.

The gall of this guy.

A complete and utter piece of shit.

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Don't let your feelings toward the OP make you regret having done something potentially life changing for this young man. 

That's right.

"Life-changing."

You're funding the rest of his life for no apparent reason.

But I don't expect to reason someone out of a something that they didn't use reason to get into in the first place.

• Haha 1