Georgia state title games should be moved to Georgia Southern.

HooverOutlaw

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I mean, it was pretty simple for Marietta for the most part. Everybody and they grandma knew that jacurri was gonna run the ball 9 times out of 10, so they did a great job keying in on him. I'm surprised Grayson or North Gwinnett couldn't stop it. While Arik Gilbert was a big part of marietta's success, I don't think he was the key difference in that game. Lowndes not being able to mix it up offensively hurt them more than anything. 

Don't be surprised. We knew going into that game about Jacurri's rushing ability, but that o-line held up and created large holes. Lowndes was simply tougher and more physical, and we did not play a good game. In a rematch, I think Lowndes would still win, but it would be 28-21 or something of the sort. That Lowndes team was very impressive, and I was honestly shocked that they lost to Marietta. Had them as a touchdown favorite.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I mean, it was pretty simple for Marietta for the most part. Everybody and they grandma knew that jacurri was gonna run the ball 9 times out of 10, so they did a great job keying in on him. I'm surprised Grayson or North Gwinnett couldn't stop it. While Arik Gilbert was a big part of marietta's success, I don't think he was the key difference in that game. Lowndes not being able to mix it up offensively hurt them more than anything. 

Well again that’s where #2 comes back into play. Second or third best rusher and a catalyst for the team. Remember Brown was a 10th grader last year. Pretty sure he has worked on his touch throwing. Front seven coming back also. Hope we have a chance to play them again

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Pretty sure you, 94 and BGW were all there as I shook yalls hands ahead of the game and before any of us refused to take our hands off the "hot hands" packets in our pockets. 

Man, that was a miserably cold evening. The walk out of the stadium was colder than it had to be as I walked by and consoled quite a few young men that had given everything they had physically and mentally. 

My mom, bless her heart, refuses to go to another championship game with us now. Both of the two she went with us for, we lost in some weird turn of events. She blames herself. 

Man i had to see Lowndes get cheated out of a win against Grayson in the freezing cold in Greg's last year. Snow rain was terrible and Grayson visitor side sucked. That game made me lose all respect for mcpherson. They were clearly cheating from start to finish and he didn't say a word during or after the game. I get being professional but that was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

Well again that’s where #2 comes back into play. Second or third best rusher and a catalyst for the team. Remember Brown was a 10th grader last year. Pretty sure he has worked on his touch throwing. Front seven coming back also. Hope we have a chance to play them again

Would've been a better blocker also when it came to the passing game. Mitchell was playing injured and Lee although powerful for his size is a very small rb.

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Don't be surprised. We knew going into that game about Jacurri's rushing ability, but that o-line held up and created large holes. Lowndes was simply tougher and more physical, and we did not play a good game. In a rematch, I think Lowndes would still win, but it would be 28-21 or something of the sort. That Lowndes team was very impressive, and I was honestly shocked that they lost to Marietta. Had them as a touchdown favorite.

The atmosphere played a part in it too. For most of yall players once the game started and that crowd showed up with the intensity. Also idk what your guys were thinking trying to start something before the game started. That just boosted up Lowndes. As far as mental effects on players coming down here playing Lowndes Valdosta or Colquitt is Hell for visiting players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

The atmosphere played a part in it too. For most of yall players once the game started and that crowd showed up with the intensity. Also idk what your guys were thinking trying to start something before the game started. That just boosted up Lowndes. As far as mental effects on players coming down here playing Lowndes Valdosta or Colquitt is Hell for visiting players.

Loudest environment I've ever seen for a high school game (not including the moment we kicked the field goal to win state). We definitely weren't ready for that noise level.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 10:35 PM, Ga96 said:

Man i had to see Lowndes get cheated out of a win against Grayson in the freezing cold in Greg's last year. Snow rain was terrible and Grayson visitor side sucked. That game made me lose all respect for mcpherson. They were clearly cheating from start to finish and he didn't say a word during or after the game. I get being professional but that was ridiculous.

I spoke to one of the coaches there and he said the ref. Would spot the ball half a yard short after each play. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MTP28 said:

I spoke to one of the coaches there and he said the ref. Would spot the ball half a yard short after each play. 

A few years ago playing at Vestavia we scored kicked off into the end zone ball spotted at 20. On 3rd and 3 from the 27 Vestavia runs get a little over 2 yards ball is almost touching 29 yards line ref walk over and says 1st down without a measurements. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 1:12 PM, sausmann9 said:

Oh boy, Rufus did you start your day today at Sunrise Cocktails.  Now I know you don't have any direct way to GA Southern from your home but really ???  lmao ;)

Hoss....you can get in a vehicle in Valdosta and drive straight up I-75 to the Embassy Suites and walk to the Benz.  It's a non-stop straight stop (unless you're riding with Ms. Violet).

Try driving to Statesboro from Valdosta.  Pack you a lunch.

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hoss....you can get in a vehicle in Valdosta and drive straight up I-75 to the Embassy Suites and walk to the Benz.  It's a non-stop straight stop (unless you're riding with Ms. Violet).

Rufus>>

Rufus where would you like to see them held?  By map Statesboro just looks closer than Atlanta with a good size stadium.

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Rufus where would you like to see them held?  By map Statesboro just looks closer than Atlanta with a good size stadium.

Personally...I'd like to see them go back to the North/South venue of the old days.  One year in the North.  The next year in the South.  When you play in the North...Cantrell would be adequate and when you played in the South...Bazemore-Hyder would suffice.

My 2nd choice would be to simply hold the State Championships at the Mac in Warner Robins.  I hate the place...but it would be the most logical choice.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Personally...I'd like to see them go back to the North/South venue of the old days.  One year in the North.  The next year in the South.  When you play in the North...Cantrell would be adequate and when you played in the South...Bazemore-Hyder would suffice.

My 2nd choice would be to simply hold the State Championships at the Mac in Warner Robins.  I hate the place...but it would be the most logical choice.

Rufus>>

Alabama rotates 3 sites now.

7 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Great Minds Think Alike