@11:30 pm EST there is live New Zealand rugby W/ 30000+ spectators broadcast on ESPN 2

BigDrop

Super rugby is regarded as the best rugby league in the world representing teams from New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.

Just started.  The 30,700 seat stadium is almost full!! Also Australian “footie,” Australian rugby and South Korean baseball ALL broadcast LIVE tonight on ESPN (Korean baseball), ESPN 2 (New Zealand rugby, Australian football), Fox Sports 2 (Australian rugby, Australian football).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forsyth_Barr_Stadium

All will be in stadiums with 10-30,000+spectators.

No Trump.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

From Auckland.  More than half of the stadium will be full-25,000+ spectators. Also Australian “footie,” Australian rugby and South Korean baseball ALL broadcast LIVE tonight on ESPN (Korean baseball), ESPN 2 (New Zealand rugby, Australian football), Fox Sports 2 (Australian rugby, Australian football).

All will be in stadiums with 10-25,000 spectators.

No Trump.

No Trump? Darn, what about bible thumping Pence? No? Again, darn. 

Maybe DeVos could buy herself a position somewhere there and stay, abdicating her stateside position. No, well  just darn. 

bgw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

No Trump? Darn, what about bible thumping Pence? No? Again, darn. 

Maybe DeVos could buy herself a position somewhere there and stay abdicate her stateside position. No, well  just darn. 

bgw

Years ago I saw the All Blacks play in London against the English team.  I sat on the New Zealand side of an 80,000 seat stadium.  It is a LONG way from New Zealand to the U. K.

There must have been 10,000 or more there rooting for the All Blacks.  They were loud!  And a wonderful memory that I have to this day.

I never made it to Auckland or Wellington but if there is one place on earth that I absolutely must visit New Zealand is it.

Really special to watch the actual New Zealand broadcasts of their rugby league (like tonight) in America.  The All Blacks are the national team but I’ve been watching the ESPN broadcasts for four or five weeks now.  

They are the Massillon or Valdosta of rugby. Tonight’s broadcast is special.

Good people!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Years ago I saw the All Blacks play in London against the English team.  I sat on the New Zealand side of an 80,000 seat stadium.  It is a LONG way from New Zealand to the U. K.

There must have been 10,000 or more there rooting for the All Blacks.  They were loud!  And a wonderful memory that I have to this day.

I never made it to Auckland or Wellington but if there is one place on earth that I absolutely must visit New Zealand is it.

Really special to watch the actual New Zealand broadcasts of their rugby league (like tonight) in America.  The All Blacks are the national team but I’ve been watching the ESPN broadcasts for four or five weeks now.  

Good people!

Your experiences and the fact that you are willing to share, makes you the coolest poster on this site.

Thanks,

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Good people!

Did you see the famed Haka dance by the New Zealand rugby squad? I've always wanted to see that in person but I've obviously never had the chance. Heart-warming to see that such tradition still lives in certain countries. 

12 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Did you see the famed Haka dance by the New Zealand rugby squad? I've always wanted to see that in person but I've obviously never had the chance. Heart-warming to see that such tradition still lives in certain countries. 

Yes.  It was extraordinary!  I understand that each one is a little bit different, individual.  This is a video that I found online of the Haka from the 2011 rugby World Cup at Auckland’s 60,000 seat Eden Park.

Note that next Saturday morning at 3:30 am is another live New Zealand Super League match which I’ll tape and watch later.  A week after this is the final which will be played at Eden Park (in the video above)which is NewZealand’s largest stadium.  Not sure of the day and time but all of this is broadcast live on ESPN 2 and are the original New Zealand broadcasts which make them even better.

FWIW my wife is obsessed with Married at First Sight Australia (Lifetime channel, Thursday @9:00 and 10:00pm) and faithfully watches them every week.  She’s even got me into it.

Sooner or later we’ll do a trip because she now wants to see what Sydney and the Gold Coast is like and I want to see the All Blacks play live in New Zealand.

And the Haka again in person!

4 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Yes.  It was extraordinary!  I understand that each one is a little bit different, individual.  This is a video that I found online if the Haka from the 2015 rugby World Cup at London’s 80,000 seat Twickingham stadium which is where I saw the All Blacks play England.

Note that next Saturday morning at 3:30 am is another live New Zealand Super League match which I’ll tape and watch later.  A week after this is the final which will be played at Eden Park which is NewZealand’s largest stadium.  Not sure of the day and time but all of this is broadcast live on ESPN 2 and are the original New Zealand broadcasts which make them even better.

FWIW my wife is obsessed with Married at First Sight Australia (Lifetime channel, Thursday @9:00 and 10:00pm) and faithfully watches them every week.  She’s even got me into it.

Sooner or later we’ll do a trip because she now wants to see what Sydney and the Gold Coast is like and I want to see the All Blacks play live in New Zealand.

And the Haka again in person!

Amazing! It's so cool that you got to see this in person. I've heard that Australia is absolutely beautiful as well. Australia and New Zealand are pretty close by, so that would be a fun experience!

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Amazing! It's so cool that you got to see this in person. I've heard that Australia is absolutely beautiful as well. Australia and New Zealand are pretty close by, so that would be a fun experience!

ngdawg, a correction to the stadium in the link above:  the Haka in that link was at Eden Park (not London’s Twickingham) which is New Zealand’s largest stadium.  It was the 2011 rugby World Cup which New Zealand beat France 8-7.

Sorry for my mistake. I made the correction in my original post.   But Eden Park is on my bucket list!  And, it’s really important that you’re able to see what it looks (and sounds like) in the video.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigDrop said:

ngdawg, a correction to the stadium in the link above:  the Haka in that link was at Eden Park (not London’s Twickingham) which is New Zealand’s largest stadium.  It was the 2011 rugby World Cup which New Zealand beat France 8-7.

Sorry for my mistake. I made the correction in my original post.   But Eden Park is on my bucket list!  And, it’s really important that you’re able to see what it looks (and sounds like) in the video.

That's alright, mistakes happen! I'm not a big rugby fan but the Haka is legendary in my mind. You don't see that display of national pride through tradition anymore.

• Like 1

This is among the most powerful yet tragic videos you will ever see:  it is the funeral with several Hakas as part of the ceremony of Jonah Lomu in Eden Park.  I have cried watching this having seen him play for the whole season on television in the ‘90’s.

He was one of the greatest rugby players ever but died at the age of 40.

I must add that many reading this have played football.  There may be a brotherhood one finds with those he shares the game with.  The bond can be truly special.

Jonah Lomu and this day-his funeral at his field , Eden Park, is the greatest brotherhood of all.

Please watch.

Respect.

10 hours ago, ngdawg said:

the Haka has been watered down as opposing teams have complained forever that is an unfair advantage.....they used walk up to the other team during and the haka and get in their face....there is famous one verse Ireland back in the day....will try to find....saw the All  Blacks play Scotland in Ediburough for the Quarterfinal of the World cup in 1999.....drank a beer with Joma Lomu 2 days prior to the game....was an amazing experience......

• Like 2