67 Georgia schools not playing opening week.

On 8/17/2020 at 11:09 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I don't think We'll see a season tbh... 

The counties are intervening now and the GHSA is being overpowered (Finally...) 

It's looking less and less likely. 

To be honest, this is probably for the best. The same, to a greater degree, applies to Florida. This could have been prevented. But the time for that has past, and we are paying the price. 

It is what it is.

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

To be honest, this is probably for the best. The same, to a greater degree, applies to Florida. This could have been prevented. But the time for that has past, and we are paying the price. 

It is what it is.

If we get through Week 3, I'll be satisfied. That would mean I get to perform against McEachern and Parkview (possibly on ESPN). There's also an away game against Jones County, which would be our first non-7A opponent in a while.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

If we get through Week 3, I'll be satisfied. That would mean I get to perform against McEachern and Parkview (possibly on ESPN). There's also an away game against Jones County, which would be our first non-7A opponent in a while.

I think Jones County will probably get be NG problems for a quarter and a half... 

Depth is gonna run em out... 

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I think Jones County will probably get be NG problems for a quarter and a half... 

Depth is gonna run em out... 

I can see Jones County keeping it close in the first half, but North Gwinnett pulling away in the second half to win by 17. Don't see it as a blowout game.

9 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I can see Jones County keeping it close in the first half, but North Gwinnett pulling away in the second half to win by 17. Don't see it as a blowout game.

Jones is a pretty solid 5A team... 

Problem is I believe they where senior heavy last year... 

So you know what that means..  

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Hearing Colquitt had 2 players test positive for Corona... 

And an assistant coach. 

@HawgGoneIt any truth to this? 

They did. Everyone else on the team was quarantined until today they are back in school and practice starts again on Monday. 

The positive cases showed up last Wednesday.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Benedictine is replacing all OOS competition except for Beaufort(SC) which is literally right across the bridge so that's understandable.... 

But looks like they replaced Cocoa and Tyler with Brunswick and an away game to Effingham 

I doubt most schedules will be updated before the season starts. We may end up seeing teams switch opponents halfway through the season. Film study should be interesting...

10 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

That honestly seems risky...

Well, the DPH says that asymptomatic cases need to quarantine for 10 days and symptomatic cases 14 days. Wednesday til Friday is 10 days. I misspoke when I said today... wishful thinking that it is Friday already I suppose. 

The kids and coaches were all told of the potential exposure and told to go get tested if they showed any symptoms. At this point I am uncertain if anyone additional showed symptoms and got tested. That being said, back in class tomorrow and out of an abundance of caution no practice until Monday which will have allowed an extra 3 quarantine days. 

I assume the positive cases would have to retest and produce a negative result, but I'm unsure about that part. 

It's all risky. All they can do is go with the recommendations of the health experts, which seems to be what they're doing. 

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, the DPH says that asymptomatic cases need to quarantine for 10 days and symptomatic cases 14 days. Wednesday til Friday is 10 days. I misspoke when I said today... wishful thinking that it is Friday already I suppose. 

The kids and coaches were all told of the potential exposure and told to go get tested if they showed any symptoms. At this point I am uncertain if anyone additional showed symptoms and got tested. That being said, back in class tomorrow and out of an abundance of caution no practice until Monday which will have allowed an extra 3 quarantine days. 

I assume the positive cases would have to retest and produce a negative result, but I'm unsure about that part. 

It's all risky. All they can do is go with the recommendations of the health experts, which seems to be what they're doing. 

Ah well if they're asymptomatic I guess that's different... 

The DPH and Doctors for sure know more than me... 

And most definitely know better than the corona is a hoax hooligans... 

Hearing now Bainbridge @ Buford ain't happening... 

They had Pierce County lined up for a home game to open the season... 

But Pierce pulled out in exchange for a home game with Brunswick... 

Logistically and Financially this makes sense... 

Blackshear and Brunswick are maybe 45 minutes apart... 

Vs 3 hours to Bainbridge

• Thanks 1