67 Georgia schools not playing opening week.

Savannah Public schools will only allow Intra City games and local Metro games. So that means Effingham County,Bryan County and Liberty County/Hinesville City school teams will be on the plate for them... and Private schools. 

But the local Private schools operate on their own terms and they've taken this chance to schedule some interesting games... 

Savannah Christian Academy 

Benedictine  

Calvary Day 

Will all have atleast 6 games  their schedule... 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ah well if they're asymptomatic I guess that's different... 

The DPH and Doctors for sure know more than me... 

And most definitely know better than the corona is a hoax hooligans... 

The kids and coach that got tested obviously had symptoms, which is the only reason they would get tested I think. At least according to my understanding of the protocol here. Since those three were symptomatic and tested positive, the rest of the team and coaches were quarantined as exposed and potentially asymptomatic with no need to get tested unless they began showing symptoms. The thought is if you get exposed to the virus you should begin showing symptoms within 10 days but sometimes in as few as 2 to 4 days. If you haven't shown symptoms within 10 days, the thought is you probably didn't get infected or remained asymptomatic during the infection. 

Had they began showing symptoms and test positive, they then start a 14 day quarantine from the date of the positive test themselves. At least that's my understanding of it all anyway.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Who knows how many teams get full seasons... It's going to be pretty messy is all. 

Do you think some teams will do full seasons while others don't? Something tells me that after two weeks, they'll just cancel the whole thing. Playoffs are going to be a separate issue for many schools too. Schools in Fulton start football two weeks later than everywhere else. So do they give up their bye weeks to keep the schedule on par or is playoffs pushed back to accommodate them? Tough questions and tough answers.

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Do you think some teams will do full seasons while others don't? Something tells me that after two weeks, they'll just cancel the whole thing. Playoffs are going to be a separate issue for many schools too. Schools in Fulton start football two weeks later than everywhere else. So do they give up their bye weeks to keep the schedule on par or is playoffs pushed back to accommodate them? Tough questions and tough answers.

I think it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Haha. 

Idk if any team will manage to have a complete schedule as long as we continue to suffer community spread of the virus. It's possible that some teams do out of the several hundred teams playing in the state. It seems like it would be amazing to have any team manage a complete schedule though. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk if any team will manage to have a complete schedule as long as we continue to suffer community spread of the virus. It's possible that some teams do out of the several hundred teams playing in the state. It seems like it would be amazing to have any team manage a complete schedule though. 

Sending kids back to school won't help either. These football players will get the virus during class change and spread it to the team at that evening's practice. As much as I hate to acknowledge it, it'll be nothing short of a miracle if we get to region play this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I doubt any team has a full season and cases in our state are increasing rapidly... 

Honestly at this point I doubt we even have 2 weeks... 

I could go further but this ain't the place... 

• Like 1

I was out at a practice where a friend is the HC this week. Spent probably a good 10-15 mins talking to one of the players only to later find out that he had showed up to school and practice despite knowing there was an actively diagnosed COVID case in his immediate family who he had had close interaction with. Kind of reaffirmed my view that we're not long for this fall season because kids will be kids.

3 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

I was out at a practice where a friend is the HC this week. Spent probably a good 10-15 mins talking to one of the players only to later find out that he had showed up to school and practice despite knowing there was an actively diagnosed COVID case in his immediate family who he had had close interaction with. Kind of reaffirmed my view that we're not long for this fall season because kids will be kids.

Which is why I'm person classes are dangerous right now... 

Our state doesn't get that...