Roughly 20 Alabama forfeit teams opening games due to covid

HooverOutlaw

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They must be nicer to AL then they are to FL teams 

I've never heard a good experience regarding officials from any FL team who has gone up to South GA

Probably because of the Georgia Florida rivalry. Hey our girls BB teams get hammered every time they play in Atlanta by the refs. 

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Probably because of the Georgia Florida rivalry. Hey our girls BB teams get hammered every time they play in Atlanta by the refs. 

And that's relevant...how? I thought this was about football and also, this means nothing without proof.

I can give you proof of a terrible call that lost the game for Hillgrove against undefeated McEachern this year. And both teams are Metro Atlanta teams.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Couldn't find it online. Got a link?

Camden Colquitt and Grayson. I was at all 3.  I would have thought a young computer wiz like yourself could find this info in 2 seconds.  You may not know this but Hoover has done more out of state games than probably anybody in Georgia in all sports. Basketball team played in Alaska, baseball has been to California girls BB has played from Washington DC to all over the south. I have seen football team play in Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina and Ohio.

Camden Colquitt and Grayson. I was at all 3.  I would have thought a young computer wiz like yourself could find this info in 2 seconds.  You may not know this but Hoover has done more out of state games than probably anybody in Georgia in all sports. Basketball team played in Alaska, baseball has been to California girls BB has played from Washington DC to all over the south. I have seen football team play in Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina and Ohio.

Even if there was bias when Hoover went to Georgia, are you implying that the same bias doesn't happen when teams visit Alabama? If we can claim that Georgia is biased when it comes to OOS games, we can make the same claim about Alabama. In either case, we don't have evidence. The glaring evidence of terrible officiating has actually happened with Metro teams against Metro teams. Everything else is merely speculation.

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

And that's relevant...how? I thought this was about football and also, this means nothing without proof.

I can give you proof of a terrible call that lost the game for Hillgrove against undefeated McEachern this year. And both teams are Metro Atlanta teams.

It would be common sense to understand most Georgia refs are Georgia Bulldog fans and would have a built in hate for Florida and 50/50 would go against Florida teams it's just common sense. 

The level of refs and calling games is just bad in Georgia overall. That's why Georgia does not have instant replay it protects all those bad refs and their awful calls. Alabama has instant replay the AHSAA wants the right call made at the end of the day.  

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Even if there was bias when Hoover went to Georgia, are you implying that the same bias doesn't happen when teams visit Alabama? If we can claim that Georgia is biased when it comes to OOS games, we can make the same claim about Alabama. In either case, we don't have evidence. The glaring evidence of terrible officiating has actually happened with Metro teams against Metro teams. Everything else is merely speculation.

It does not hold water because Hoover has lost several of these OOS games in Hoover.   You are right metro Atlanta refs are bad.  Hoover had good refs at Camden and Colquitt the refs were not as good at Grayson imo. 

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

It would be common sense to understand most Georgia refs are Georgia Bulldog fans and would have a built in hate for Florida and 50/50 would go against Florida teams it's just common sense. 

The level of refs and calling games is just bad in Georgia overall. That's why Georgia does not have instant replay it protects all those bad refs and their awful calls. Alabama has instant replay the AHSAA wants the right call made at the end of the day.  

I believe that replay review will be instituted within the next few years. The AHSAA isn't perfect either. Trust me, I saw some bad calls last two nights.

It does not hold water because Hoover has lost several of these OOS games in Hoover.   You are right metro Atlanta refs are bad.  Hoover had good refs at Camden and Colquitt the refs were not as good at Grayson imo. 

But that one bad experience can't be grounds to claim that Metro Atlanta referees are more biased than southern referees. There are many cases that can prove both sides surely.

5 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Both are false. Proof?

If you look up the definition of "sour grapes" there is a picture of Outlaw.  I've never seen anyone online that has as big of a chip on their shoulder about another state and how games are scheduled, played, officiated, the state association, you name it.

• Haha 2