Maxwell All Classification GA Rankings Week 1

HawgGoneIt

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And now we know that some folks made a mockery of the rules by getting a bogus legal separation in order to circumvent moving the entire family unit in order to shit that kid out of a legit shot at it. 

So, really "to be fair" is a kind of poor word choice in this situation. It was anything but being fair. 

Don't know if you saw this, but it seems like he made people believers from the jump:

"There's not a throw he can't make," Propst said. "The wow factor was there from day one. Our three receivers started going, 'Wow,' and so it didn't take long. In that first scrimmage, about the third ball, you could hear the stands. We had probably 300 or 400 people here watching practice and the scrimmage, and people were excited and the kids started gravitating to him. He's a natural-born leader."

44 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Don't know if you saw this, but it seems like he made people believers from the jump:

"There's not a throw he can't make," Propst said. "The wow factor was there from day one. Our three receivers started going, 'Wow,' and so it didn't take long. In that first scrimmage, about the third ball, you could hear the stands. We had probably 300 or 400 people here watching practice and the scrimmage, and people were excited and the kids started gravitating to him. He's a natural-born leader."

Idc. They made a bogus move to be there at the position. Garbage.

34 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yep.... soon the old metro cheatin’ recrootin’ victimhood b.s. gonna go to the wayside. 

Can’t legislate parents and kids doing what they think is best for themselves. 

bgw

But you have to as it pertains to public schools where people that live in the district funded the district through their tax dollars. 

• Like 1

This conversation would probably turn pretty political if we really delved into it, so, I don't necessarily think we should carry on with it in depth, but, just as a short example from my experience talking to folks where I live...

Some people never have kids, don't want kids nor do they want to pay to educate your kids. They already have to pay for the kids that live in their neighborhoods through taxes to their property. When they see stuff like a kid from Cali whose parents gamed the system to play football... and only to play football, this is a flash point for some ppl. Why should a person in Valdosta school district, living on social security have to fund a California kid to play football in Valdosta when the kid nor his family are invested in the community at all?

This type of stuff helps add to the demise of the sport where there is already a lot of grumbling as it is. People that could care less about the Valdosta taxpayer or community in general taking advantage of them is not a good look. 

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This conversation would probably turn pretty political if we really delved into it, so, I don't necessarily think we should carry on with it in depth, but, just as a short example from my experience talking to folks where I live...

Some people never have kids, don't want kids nor do they want to pay to educate your kids. They already have to pay for the kids that live in their neighborhoods through taxes to their property. When they see stuff like a kid from Cali whose parents gamed the system to play football... and only to play football, this is a flash point for some ppl. Why should a person in Valdosta school district, living on social security have to fund a California kid to play football in Valdosta when the kid nor his family are invested in the community at all?

This type of stuff helps add to the demise of the sport where there is already a lot of grumbling as it is. People that could care less about the Valdosta taxpayer or community in general taking advantage of them is not a good look. 

Homestead exemption Homeslice, they don’t pay around here. At age 62 I believe. Amirite or nah?

bgw

16 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Homestead exemption Homeslice, they don’t pay around here. At age 62 I believe. Amirite or nah?

bgw

Property taxes pay for something around 10 percent of the total budget for the Colquitt County district. There are homestead exemptions available for various reasons though. I'll let you know when I turn 62 about whether they exempt me or not. 

State income taxes pay for around 60 percent. 

Federal pays around 15 percent. 

A special local option sales tax covers 10 percent and the rest comes in from charges for services and miscellaneous. 

Still can't explain why a person living and shopping, working or owning property in the city of Valdosta, or, the state of Georgia should have to pay for a California kid with shady parents to play football in their state. That family admits they arent in any way invested in the community and plan on returning back to their normal life in Cali asap. It's bullshit. No right minded person can disagree. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

bgw

Went to look it up and got surprised.  There are a couple of exemptions that come into play at 62 or 65.  I don't know what qualifies you for the L5A vs the S4 exemption.  The L5a is attractive.  The others have an income limit on them that is pretty low.

L5A - Senior School Exemption

• Age Requirements: Must be 65 years old as of January 1 of the application year.
  • Income Requirements: Net income from all sources must not exceed the maximum benefit amount authorized by Social Security, which for 2020 is $72,264 plus $25,000, for a total income of $97,264 (compare to line 15C of your 2019 Georgia tax return).
  • Applies to the home and one acre of land.
  • Applicants may also qualify for this exemption if 100% disabled, regardless of age, with a signed letter from your doctor stating you are unable to be gainfully employed.
  • Includes total exemption from all school and school bond tax, $10,000 off the assessed value on County, and $7,000 off recreation.

S3 - Regular School Exemption

• Age Requirements: Must be 62 years old as of January 1 of the application year.
  • Income Requirement: Claimant and spouse income cannot exceed $10,000 after deductions (compare to line 15C of your Georgia tax return).
  • Includes $10,000 off the assessed value on County, $10,000 off school, $10,000 off school bond, and $7,000 off recreation.

S4 - State Senior School Exemption

• Age Requirements: Must be 65 years old as of January 1 of the application year.
  • Income Requirements: Claimant and spouse income cannot exceed $10,000 after deductions (compare to line 15C of your Georgia tax return).
  • Includes $10,000 off the assessed value on County,$4,000 off County bond,$10,000 off school, $10,000 off school bond, and $7,000 off recreation.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Property taxes pay for something around 10 percent of the total budget for the Colquitt County district. There are homestead exemptions available for various reasons though. I'll let you know when I turn 62 about whether they exempt me or not. 

State income taxes pay for around 60 percent. 

Federal pays around 15 percent. 

A special local option sales tax covers 10 percent and the rest comes in from charges for services and miscellaneous. 

Still can't explain why a person living and shopping, working or owning property in the city of Valdosta, or, the state of Georgia should have to pay for a California kid with shady parents to play football in their state. That family admits they arent in any way invested in the community and plan on returning back to their normal life in Cali asap. It's bullshit. No right minded person can disagree. 

Well then, I am not right minded....hahaha.

Nothing shady if it's allowed and by the rules, it is what it is.

bgw