2 officers ambushed while sitting in their car last night

imaGoodBoyNow

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

And yet I've not received an explanation as to why it's so hard to NOT kill someone. Especially people who are unarmed. 

Get your ignorant ass to a gun range.

Do some research into the effects of a high pressure situation, high adrenaline and a moving target on likelihood of achieving a hit within 1 or maybe 2 seconds.

Just how long do you think it takes a man with a knife to be on you when he's only 10 maybe 15 feet away?

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Aren't cops supposed to be one of the most skilled peoples in the country? If not, why do they still have jobs? And if someone is unarmed, you don't have the training to diffuse that situation? Come on.

Ok, here’s you defusing the situation and not shooting center mass to stop the threat. Will be waiting on your reply on how you would have handled it.

https://www.full30.com/watch/MDIxMjI3/graphic-why-officers-shoot-until-the-threat-has-stopped?fbclid=IwAR29hJKLKH04rn6iJxVM_DBSsk3rtZ1CvEHDYvqnph2w5tLbDyDuEGF0oIM

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What’s so hard about following the Law and if you choose to break law Man up and Comply don’t resist 

iknow I’m not talking rocket science 

You're taking the human aspect out of this. You expect everyone to be perfect. News flash: you're not perfect either. There's a good chance you've made mistakes in life and you would definitely be scared straight if the police came after you.

People aren't robots. Get real.

1 minute ago, concha said:

Get your ignorant ass to a gun range.

Do some research into the effects of a high pressure situation, high adrenaline and a moving target on likelihood of achieving a hit within 1 or maybe 2 seconds.

Just how long do you think it takes a man with a knife to be on you when he's only 10 maybe 15 feet away?

Slower than a bullet. And cops should be trained for this. We do a poor job of training them, which sets them up for failure. Now if you can't handle this, DON'T BE A COP. Why is that so hard to understand?

Just now, ngdawg said:

You're taking the human aspect out of this. You expect everyone to be perfect. News flash: you're not perfect either. There's a good chance you've made mistakes in life and you would definitely be scared straight if the police came after you.

Of course I made mistakes and I owned up to it, I complied I diskette scream fuck 12 while charging at an officer with a knife

Just now, ngdawg said:

So why do you act like cops are or should be robots?

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Thank you for making my point. Cops make mistakes as well. Everyday, because they’re human and not robots. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Ok, here’s you defusing the situation and not shooting center mass to stop the threat. Will be waiting on your reply on how you would have handled it.

https://www.full30.com/watch/MDIxMjI3/graphic-why-officers-shoot-until-the-threat-has-stopped?fbclid=IwAR29hJKLKH04rn6iJxVM_DBSsk3rtZ1CvEHDYvqnph2w5tLbDyDuEGF0oIM

I was instantly surprised by the fact that the officers allowed the man to advance on them so far. They just proved how inferior they are to him.

Not every scenario is like this. More often than not, people feel pain and can't move as fluently as before. 7 shots are not necessary, let alone at point-blank range.

• Haha 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

Slower than a bullet. And cops should be trained for this. We do a poor job of training them, which sets them up for failure. Now if you can't handle this, DON'T BE A COP. Why is that so hard to understand?

This would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

This kid has never even shot a gun.

And he sure as hell has done zero research into shooting accuracy in stress/threat situations.

The ignorance and naivete are colossal.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, concha said:

This would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

This kid has never even shot a gun.

And he sure as hell has done zero research into shooting accuracy in stress/threat situations.

The ignorance and naivete are colossal.

Cops need to have that training. Then what the heck do they do for months training? Is it all a waste? They HAVE to shoot better and more accurate than the average citizen.

Just now, concha said:

You realize you have provided ZERO evidence that they do not, right?

🤡

If you can't injure someone but instead kill them, you are no better than a citizen. All that training becomes a waste.

More situational training is needed. Can't believe people will disagree with this.