#28 Edgewater 7 at #1 IMG 48 F

15 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I do have a clue because I've seen Venice play in a game.

They've always had a "few" athletes.

They shouldn't beat anybody really good unless it's an extremely favorable set of circumstances (2017 STA).

Yup it's so favorable that Venice best team in the past 15 years still had maybe 1/3rd the D1 talent that STA did 

Idiot!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude there's no reason to ever play IMG at their place.  Not only do they have the huge talent/size advantage, but the zebras are crazy biased in their calls.  Teams keep making the dumb decision to p

Edgewater is pretty sloppy. Making dumb mistakes you can’t make in these games.  If I’m DV I’m making #9 beat me. Take #6 away & put #9 in situations where he has to make big decisions. Taking

the game is not yet a blowout at all, using the scoreboard or the eyeball test.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Raines went 6-5 last year.

What reason would you think that a they're a good team in 2020?

Oh, that's right.

They lost to Venice who plays Lakeland.

Historically, a better indicator than just one season, Raines has a lot of talent and have won a lot of games. A 40-6 destruction of them is generally always an eye-opener. If the only game you've seen Venice play is against a nationally recruited boarding school, it means nothing in a discussion of H.S. football. The jury is out on how good Venice is (or not), but drawing any conclusions from a game against IMG is ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Historically, a better indicator than just one season, Raines has a lot of talent and have won a lot of games. A 40-6 destruction of them is generally always an eye-opener. If the only game you've seen Venice play is against a nationally recruited boarding school, it means nothing in a discussion of H.S. football. The jury is out on how good Venice is (or not), but drawing any conclusions from a game against IMG is ridiculous. 

Didn't Orlando Jones beat Raines in Jacksonville last year by a similar margin

40-15 

Not that far from what Venice did at home, honestly I was more impressed by what Jones did against Raines than what Venice did 

4 hours ago, badrouter said:

Historically, a better indicator than just one season, Raines has a lot of talent and have won a lot of games.

They're a 5A team that was 6-5 last year.

Beating them 40-6 is merely sufficient to prove that you don't stink.

Nothing more.

But you always do this.

You fish for something to prop up a Lakeland opponent.

4 hours ago, badrouter said:

If the only game you've seen Venice play is against a nationally recruited boarding school, it means nothing in a discussion of H.S. football. The jury is out on how good Venice is (or not), but drawing any conclusions from a game against IMG is ridiculous. 

I'll stack this up any day to claiming that they might be as good as ever because they beat a crappy team by a lot.

5 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Didn't Orlando Jones beat Raines in Jacksonville last year by a similar margin

40-15 

Not that far from what Venice did at home, honestly I was more impressed by what Jones did against Raines than what Venice did 

Orando Jones battled MNW  for a state title. So, one of the better teams in the state...

They're a 5A team that was 6-5 last year.

Beating them 40-6 is merely sufficient to prove that you don't stink.

Nothing more.

But you always do this.

You fish for something to prop up a Lakeland opponent.

You reference a 2019 record for a 2020 team, or a season after. The season before 2019, Raines went 13-1 and won a state title. The year before that, they also went 13-1 and won a state title. The losses were by one and four points, respectively. Was the 2019 team more like the one before it, or the one after it? We'll find out, most likely. 

11 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I do have a clue because I've seen Venice play in a game.

They've always had a "few" athletes.

They shouldn't beat anybody really good unless it's an extremely favorable set of circumstances (2017 STA).

No, Guzzler, you really don't have a clue. You've claimed to have seen multiple games over the years, but each time you try you always f$ck up your assessment. You're just a complete idiot.......(is your mom's meatloaf ready yet?)   

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, badrouter said:

You reference a 2019 record for a 2020 team, or a season after.

Because that's the closest reference.

Raines is not some historical powerhouse. They're a medium-sized school that had a good run in 2017-18 but otherwise they don't really play or beat anybody good. They beat up on Northern and Panhandle publics.

They stunk last year and they stink this year.

9 hours ago, badrouter said:

The losses were by one and four points, respectively.

In 2017, they played 2 top 1000 teams.

They went 1-1. Beat Cocoa by 3 and lost to Lee by 4.

In other words, not a powerhouse. Just a team that had a couple of nice years but was nowhere near elite.

Then they went 6-5 last year and opened this year with a 40-6 loss to Venice.

They're not any good.

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

You've claimed to have seen multiple games over the years, but each time you try you always f$ck up your assessment.

I have and I don't.

Which explains why I know more about Tennessee football than you do.

One would think after embarrassing yourself on Oakland and then Brentwood Academy that you'd take a break but here you are embarrassing yourself more.

One would think after embarrassing yourself on Oakland and then Brentwood Academy that you'd take a break but here you are embarrassing yourself more.

Except that Oakland was very good the year I had them ranked in the 30s (two years ago). I promptly dropped them last year when they weren’t as strong. BA is solid this year. 
Once again, mom’s meatloaf has turned your brain to mush. Guzzler, you’ve got to get out of her basement.....

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

Wrong, goofball.

You had them in the top 30 last year.

🤡

For someone who claims to be so important you always have to hang on the coat-tails of the posters on here to stay relevant angry stanley

Maybe you should consider leaving before you lose every ounce of credibility you once had 

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Wrong, goofball.

You had them in the top 30 last year.

🤡

As usual, you didn’t read my post thoroughly. I said I promptly dropped them when they faltered. Why do you continue to embarrass yourself like this? 

16 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

As usual, you didn’t read my post thoroughly. I said I promptly dropped them when they faltered. Why do you continue to embarrass yourself like this? 

You did not have Oakland in the top 30 two years ago. That was last year.

In 2018, you had them peak at #40.

You are both silly and oblivious to facts.

• Thumbs Down 1

You did not have Oakland in the top 30 two years ago. That was last year.

In 2018, you had them peak at #40.

You are both silly and oblivious to facts.

And you use your opinions as facts 

So what makes you any better?