Packers

Ga96

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Well now it's much easier since every team makes the playoffs. You could go 0-10 and still win the championship theoretically. I prefer the idea of a wild card instead of the 4th Region 1 team. It just seems more fair.

Yeah but with the way camden and tift look colquitt could finish 2nd in the region and give Valdosta a scare.

Just now, Ga96 said:

Yeah but with the way camden and tift look colquitt could finish 2nd in the region and give Valdosta a scare.

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Colquitt ends up 2nd. Tift certainly doesn't deserve to make playoffs, so I think that wild card slot should be opened up to the 5th best team in another region that isn't the 2-7 Tift County Blue Devils. There's probably a half-decent 0.500 team out there somewhere.

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Minus the road trips.

I think we'll start seeing the team taking on the Rogers persona more this season. More of a buy in so much more his team than was what we had last year. 

Coach has had some tough stuff to deal with in his first two seasons here. Coming in behind you know who, dealing with somewhat of a split fan base and talented senior group that maybe wasn't 100 percent bought in because of the entire situation. Now starting season 2 with all the challenges of a pandemic. 

I don't envy his job right now, I can tell you that. I'm pulling for him big time though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Colquitt ends up 2nd. Tift certainly doesn't deserve to make playoffs, so I think that wild card slot should be opened up to the 5th best team in another region that isn't the 2-7 Tift County Blue Devils. There's probably a half-decent 0.500 team out there somewhere.

Tifton may not make it to the playoffs with covid woes

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I wouldn't say that Tift doesn't deserve it. They are having major Covid issues over there. I think that may have actually affected them for their game vs. Crisp, and I know it's affecting them heavily right now. I don't have any "gospel" but, I've heard they have A LOT of players down right now. What was told me was not a few, but a lot. 

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Tifton may not make it to the playoffs with covid woes

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I wouldn't say that Tift doesn't deserve it. They are having major Covid issues over there. I think that may have actually affected them for their game vs. Crisp, and I know it's affecting them heavily right now. I don't have any "gospel" but, I've heard they have A LOT of players down right now. What was told me was not a few, but a lot. 

Oh yeah, and they got saved from Valdosta by the virus too. Maybe they can get back on track as the season goes on. 

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think we'll start seeing the team taking on the Rogers persona more this season. More of a buy in so much more his team than was what we had last year. 

Coach has had some tough stuff to deal with in his first two seasons here. Coming in behind you know who, dealing with somewhat of a split fan base and talented senior group that maybe wasn't 100 percent bought in because of the entire situation. Now starting season 2 with all the challenges of a pandemic. 

I don't envy his job right now, I can tell you that. I'm pulling for him big time though. 

I definitely agree.  If we can give Justin the support he deserves...he'll do a good job.  He has the energy and I think he's building a good staff.  Albeit, Rod probably ain't long term.

Rufus>>

39 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I definitely agree.  If we can give Justin the support he deserves...he'll do a good job.  He has the energy and I think he's building a good staff.  Albeit, Rod probably ain't long term.

Rufus>>

I've been impressed with Coach Rodemaker so far. I had to come around about him because of seeing him in Valdosta stuff for so long. Just a natural response to Valdosta gear wearers as a Packer I guess. 

45 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I think we have more than one.

I still think it's open who gets the start.

I would guess...Z-Man...but Hawg might know better.

Rufus>>

Yeah. I'm uncertain on this one as well. We have a couple of decent kids at the position, one senior that moved here this off season and one Jr. who we saw in limited action last year. One has a lot of the intangibles as far as size and weight and the other has seemed a little more accurate. I kind of thought Touchton might win out as qb1 but, I honestly don't know who will have that title. Could see a platooning type situation, but, I have no idea honestly. Maybe something similar to what we saw from Valdosts against Warner Robins last week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah. I'm uncertain on this one as well. We have a couple of decent kids at the position, one senior that moved here this off season and one Jr. who we saw in limited action last year. One has a lot of the intangibles as far as size and weight and the other has seemed a little more accurate. I kind of thought Touchton might win out as qb1 but, I honestly don't know who will have that title. Could see a platooning type situation, but, I have no idea honestly. Maybe something similar to what we saw from Valdosts against Warner Robins last week. 

Platooning is not gonna work , rarely does,

Bergen Catholic lost a State championship last year cause the coach wanted to make both kids happy by splitting time, Neither QB could get in a rhythm because they are constantly getting subbed out and ruining their Groove 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I've been impressed with Coach Rodemaker so far. I had to come around about him because of seeing him in Valdosta stuff for so long. Just a natural response to Valdosta gear wearers as a Packer I guess. 

OK...I wasn't gonna say anything.  I really wasn't...BUT...you opened the door.

Who picked the colors for our new home unis?

Unless I'm mistaken...that's the putrid Valdosta yeller.

Are you responsible for this crap?  Or should I direct my "disappointment" towards the Packer Touchdown President?

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

OK...I wasn't gonna say anything.  I really wasn't...BUT...you opened the door.

Who picked the colors for our new home unis?

Unless I'm mistaken...that's the putrid Valdosta yeller.

Are you responsible for this crap?  Or should I direct my "disappointment" towards the Packer Touchdown President?

Rufus>>

I always thought the packers colors were a little closer to that GT gold but seems to have moved more to that wildcat yellow 

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Everybody is quiet-lipped about the QB1 start.  I hope we don't platoon...but a pretty good source said to watch for it...especially early on.

Rufus>>

Just now, Rufus69 said:

Everybody is quiet-lipped about the QB1 start.  I hope we don't platoon...but a pretty good source said to watch for it...especially early on.

Rufus>>

I honestly think Xavier is the QB 1 at the moment, but, like I say, there hasn't been any official word. Coming in, I did think Zane would be the qb 1 but, I think  most feel like Xavier has won the job. I think its a good and bad problem to have. I assume there could be some interchanging and different packages where one comes in depending on the defense we're against or whatever. I'm totally spitballing though.