I'm just the messenger

FootballGuy

6 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Suncoast? 

The coach from SUNCOAST is making sweeping generalizations like that. They don't play anybody...and still somehow suck.

As has been pointed out, nobody is going to argue with the statement that GA has better facilities and certainly pays their coaches a far better salary than in FL.

And even IF what he was saying about level of play was correct (nearly no evidence to support that) - the coach from SUNCOAST is not an opinion to really be valued.

Suncoast plays a very local schedule, based in the north end of Palm Beach County. Basically, they play a bunch of suburban schools that don't produce many/any of FL's best athletes, and when they do - they got destroyed.

I looked over their schedule from 2017/18/and 19. (Not sure which years he coached, it's mainly to point out the level of play in that area).

2017 - not 1 notable opponent. They went 7-3. They somehow got demolished 42-0 by Ft. Pierce Westwood (a 6-5 5A team; Suncoast is also 5A).

They also took a 40-28 loss to Forest Hill (FH is a 7A school, they took a 42-22 loss to Dwyer)

2018 - They played no team of note, just a bunch of local teams, none noteworthy. They went 3-7 and got killed on multiple occasions. Worst loss was a 46-6 loss to an 8-4 7A team (that team took a 55-27 loss to Dwyer).

2019 - They went 5-5 and took a 46-0 loss to a 7-3 8A team. The rest of their schedule was the same, totally bland local teams (Jupiter, Royal Palm Beach, Spanish River, and a bunch of other teams you've never heard of) they always play...and they obviously did a poor job of navigating that.

Not sure what experience he's drawing from to make a statement like he did on the level of play. That team never plays any FL team that gets even remotely close to being on a national level (or even a high in-state level), and Suncoast can't even succeed with the weak schedule they already had.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@HawgGoneIt fuck this update to the website, I don’t like it, change it back now 

I kind of like it. It definitely looks different though. All of the buttons are easier to see and get to, at least for me. Other than a brighter look with a smaller header, I don't find anything very different. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I kind of like it. It definitely looks different though. All of the buttons are easier to see and get to, at least for me. Other than a brighter look with a smaller header, I don't find anything very different. 

I'm split 50-50 on it. I like how it tells you who posted most in a thread.

• Like 1

I'm noticing that it clears up some issues with ppl quoting long posts also. When opening a thread, the quoted post has a bit more user control with an "expand" button available for the reader to open the entire quoted post if they care to reread it and scroll past it time and again.

Everything seems a bit more streamlined and accessible. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm noticing that it clears up some issues with ppl quoting long posts also. When opening a thread, the quoted post has a bit more user control with an "expand" button available for the reader to open the entire quoted post if they care to reread it and scroll past it time and again.

Everything seems a bit more streamlined and accessible. 

I was just going to say that that feature was a little annoying, but then I read your post and understood. I'm split on that feature too.

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I'm split 50-50 on it. I like how it tells you who posted most in a thread.

I don't think it's telling who posted the most. I think it's telling the original author and then how many posts are there altogether maybe. 

It just looks different so its a bit of a shocker at first look. Still very easy to navigate, and somewhat more streamlined. A little troubling that the site logo got shrunk though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I did find that feature that you mentioned about which poster was the most active in the topic. It makes the content creators the star. :D 

That feature is only available on the first page of the topic. If you use the button to the side of the topic that takes you to unread posts in the thread, you almost would never find it, which is why I didn't see it initially. 

That one will make moderation much easier I think. It tells us quite a bit also. Like which post is the most popular in the thread so we can see what content the members are enjoying the most. 

2 hours ago, DownSouth said:

Not sure what experience he's drawing from to make a statement like he did on the level of play. That team never plays any FL team that gets even remotely close to being on a national level (or even a high in-state level), and Suncoast can't even succeed with the weak schedule they already had.

The fact that he coached in Palm Beach County and I had never heard of him speaks volumes.

Suncoast is a magnet school that doesn't take football seriously.

His assistant coaching experience consisted of stops at Palm Beach Lakes and Palm Beach Gardens which means the guy never coached high school football outside of North Palm Beach County.

It's ironic that his first season at Westlake was the one where they traveled to Florida and got walloped by no-resource-having Deerfield Beach.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Here's what it looks like on computer. This is pretty cool!20200917_073537.thumb.jpg.bda7c5f3117aa0ac8a907f1174c02587.jpg

I was just typing out about how I missed it initially on my mobile. I tend to operate from both mobile and pc but use mobile more during the day due to life stuff. Once I get navigation down from mobile I'll switch to desktop mode and take a look that way as well.

• Like 1

I was just typing out about how I missed it initially on my mobile. I tend to operate from both mobile and pc but use mobile more during the day due to life stuff. Once I get navigation down from mobile I'll switch to desktop mode and take a look that way as well.

I used to use PC often, but I've transitioned to phone more. I always have the tab open on my computer, so I can see when I get notifications. 

• Like 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

I used to use PC often, but I've transitioned to phone more. I always have the tab open on my computer, so I can see when I get notifications. 

Makes sense if you are almost always sitting in front of a computer. Some of us are on the road more or on the move constantly so we have to keep you people in our pockets. xD

Makes sense if you are almost always sitting in front of a computer. Some of us are on the road more or on the move constantly so we have to keep you people in our pockets. xD

Have to blame online school for it. 7 straight hours in front of a computer isn't as pleasing as it seems.

11 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

All y’all jawja folks are welcome! 

#besomebody

Interesting that folks would so easily accept his opinion of what is an elite oos win. Seems to me that the state has had a good few through the years. An amazing amount... Fabulous amount for a public school dominated state even. Huge. 

I played HS ball, and was involved with a HS program in FL. I still work there (FL)  and keep up with HS ball. I live in Lowndes Co, my kids went/go to school there. Im involved with coaching a sports program in Lowndes and my kids have been involved in sports there. My opinion-

Overall football talent level is better in FL, especially skill positions. Everything else goes to GA. Overall better coaching, better facilities, better support, and overall on avg better programs. Thats my take.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

I played HS ball, and was involved with a HS program in FL. I still work there (FL)  and keep up with HS ball. I live in Lowndes Co, my kids went/go to school there. Im involved with coaching a sports program in Lowndes and my kids have been involved in sports there. My opinion-

Overall football talent level is better in FL, especially skill positions. Everything else goes to GA. Overall better coaching, better facilities, better support, and overall on avg better programs. Thats my take.

Have you seen Lee County's weight room? Jeez.