I'm just the messenger

FootballGuy

Just now, georgiagator1 said:

Because FL has really good talented players? Find one quote from me where I ever disputed that? I have been talking about better overall programs, encompassing all things. Not which state produces the most NFL talent.

Well so does CA and TX

However you brought up per captia to imply that the reason GA doesn't have more players than FL is their population but that's why I ask if it was about population why doesn't the 2 largest states who are also football power states not lead FL with a huge population advantage

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

He was a stat boy when in high school at STA

Though honestly he has as much experience as I do, though I've actually contributed to more stuff closer to a program, just wasn't at football because apparently at my school unless you played they don't value your opinion

Oh, so he opinion is more biased than mine, lol. I have experience in both states. I played and was part of a program in FL, and have experience in GA. So im bised in both states? Or just my current one? lmao

Oh, so he opinion is more biased than mine, lol. I have experience in both states. I played and was part of a program in FL, and have experience in GA. So im bised in both states? Or just my current one? lmao

Most would think biased towards GA since not many on here really know your FL connection in the first place 

Ik because I've debated that with you but most on here haven't

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Well so does CA and TX

However you brought up per captia to imply that the reason GA doesn't have more players than FL is their population but that's why I ask if it was about population why doesn't the 2 largest states who are also football power states not lead FL with a huge population advantage

It was to show that stats can be used for anything. So you agree with this line of thinking? That ranking all states HS football programs by NFL rosters determines the best HS football programs? You think Ohio and PA have better HS ball than GA?

It was to show that stats can be used for anything. So you agree with this line of thinking? That ranking all states HS football programs by NFL rosters determines the best HS football programs? You think Ohio and PA have better HS ball than GA?

I think that NFL or college players produced is a good indicator to set 2 similar states apart

PA is not a very deep state and Ohio has dropped off a bit in the past decade or so but I don't think you have a clear advantage for GA over FL when comparing the overall success of the programs

Both states have great teams, now GA is better supported and coached as well as better facilities but in terms of national prominence and program strength FL is very good in that regard and the NFL talent just puts them a step above GA in my opinion

Could FL drop below GA down the line if they don't get their act together? Absolutely but I still am confident saying FL is a deeper state and they are strong enough at the top to hang with GA and the talent produced gives them the edge 

13 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I think that NFL or college players produced is a good indicator to set 2 similar states apart

PA is not a very deep state and Ohio has dropped off a bit in the past decade or so but I don't think you have a clear advantage for GA over FL when comparing the overall success of the programs

Both states have great teams, now GA is better supported and coached as well as better facilities but in terms of national prominence and program strength FL is very good in that regard and the NFL talent just puts them a step above GA in my opinion

Could FL drop below GA down the line if they don't get their act together? Absolutely but I still am confident saying FL is a deeper state and they are strong enough at the top to hang with GA and the talent produced gives them the edge 

The bolder portion has been my point. The points you list for GA plus their talent makes me (personally) consider GA better overall programs. Not number of kids to NFL, national prominence, or head to head wins. 

Over all program from organization, coaching, facilities and support with good talent. 

3 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

The bolder portion has been my point. The points you list for GA plus their talent makes me (personally) consider GA better overall programs. Not number of kids to NFL, national prominence, or head to head wins. 

Over all program from organization, coaching, facilities and support with good talent. 

Which is fair I just don't hold it against FL that they don't have the resources or facilities, if it was always about what program has the most money a school like Ponte Vedra or Bartram Trail would have 5 state titles by now because financially they are 2 of the richest schools and areas in all of North Florida, but many elite Miami Dade publics are poor as shit but can still beat 99% of the teams in Florida

I also don't hold it against Florida that they can't get the level of fan support which is primary in my opinion a result of Florida becoming a "retirement state" which means many of Florida residents never attended high school in Florida and have no ties to a program as a result which makes them less likely to buy into and support programs more than attending a game every now and then 

In South GA at Schools like Colquitt, Lowndes, Valdosta your talking generations of parents, grandfather's, great grandfather's who played for these schools so they naturally will be better supported, even some smaller areas which in the past fit this bill (Columbia and Suwannee both good examples) have seen fan support decline recently as the cities slowly move away from what made them special 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You keep proving me right.

You inevitably fell back on facilities and fan support.

Do you just sit here talking in circles until others give up?

It's amazing there are people out there who see you as a good poster but I see a moron seeking attention and I'm not afraid of you, why should I or anyone else on here take you seriously

30 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Florida only has roughly about 25% more players than Georgia.

But has roughly 87% more active NFL players.

And has roughly 44% more blue chip FBS recruits.

https://www.bannersociety.com/2019/8/14/20747379/college-football-players-map-where-from

But, again, these are facts so this clown won't believe it.

As you keep trying to make the point that because FL has more NFL players they have better HS programs. While saying at the same time it’s just one of your points. It’s your only point. But PA has more NFL players too, but yet you say GA has better HS programs. lmao. You talk in circles. The floor is yours “HS stat boy”. 

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

When it comes to college football its Alabama period.

Well of course the most successful program in the country is from Alabama

though it has little standing on the high school discussion as AL isn't on par with the other major power states outside of a few teams who may be able to compete with the good ones but states like TX, GA, CA, and FL kill Alabama when it comes to depth

15 hours ago, georgiagator1 said:

AWhile saying at the same time it’s just one of your points. It’s your only point.

👇

On 9/16/2020 at 4:58 PM, Atticus Finch said:

So if that's the case then why does Florida have way more college players, way more professional players and way more highly ranked high school teams?

It doesn't matter how many times you lie. It will never make it come true.

• Thumbs Down 1

15 hours ago, georgiagator1 said:

But PA has more NFL players too, but yet you say GA has better HS programs. lmao.

Pennsylvania doesn't have more active NFL players than Georgia.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.htm

Have you stated a single fact in this entire thread?

You make people like columbiaboy look competent in comparison.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Pennsylvania doesn't have more active NFL players than Georgia.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.htm

Have you stated a single fact in this entire thread?

You make people like columbiaboy look competent in comparison.

And you are the clueless fool here 

You keep claiming I'm a high school kid, here is the facts dumbass

When I started posting on this board I was a High School SENIOR

I've been graduated for a few years now and I'm old enough to drink, so when you keep claiming I'm a high schooler you make yourself look as stupid as redzone