McCaffrey is done with Michigan

HSFBfan

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

You think any of the players that opted out for O ST will come back and play if theres only an 8 game season?  Shaun Wade & Wyatt Davis come to mind. 

I think they wanted a chance to get in the CFP and get a Natty before going pro.  Not saying that this will get them back, but it'll help persuade them to return to C-bus.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

You think any of the players that opted out for O ST will come back and play if theres only an 8 game season?  Shaun Wade & Wyatt Davis come to mind. 

Wade is still undecided but I think Davis might opt back in. Apparently one of the OSU coaches left a meeting just to pick up a call from Wyatt.

• 4 months later...

UPDATE --

Dylan ended up transferring to UNC!

The University of Northern Colorado is an FCS program and a member of the Big Sky Conference where they finished 2-10 in 2019. The conference chose to play this coming Spring rather than last Fall, and UNC elected to not play the Big Sky games, instead going the route of a non-conference schedule.

New Head Coach Ed McCaffrey, and new WR Coach Max McCaffrey, are hoping Dylan can get them a few more wins than they are accustomed to out there in Greeley. They've not yet released their schedule, but I'd imagine there might be some interesting matchups for the McCaffreys to collect some Ws.

Ed was a good athlete, and he and his wife raised 4 talented boys, none of whom have had negative press about their character at all. Good job.

But Ed has done some odd things, I'd say. He removed his oldest, Max, from a private high school in the Denver area, after Ed was not given the head football coach postion at that school. Max and then freshman brother Christian enrolled at newly-opened Valor Christian. Max and Christian and Dylan and Luke all won state championships at Valor, a program that benefitted from the McCaffreys going there, and all the other top athletes whose parents decided to follow them to Valor. And although Valor won something like 8 championships in football the first 10 years they were open, surprisingly their head coach departed was let go just prior to Luke's graduating -- and none other than Ed was named the head coach.

Ed said he wasn't doing it just to coach his son, and that he was in it at Valor for the long haul. He won a state championship, and coincidentally after Luke (the youngest) graduated, he called it a high school coaching career after two seasons.

People in these parts think very highly of the McCaffreys, from Ed winning a couple Super Bowls with Elway and the Broncos, to Christian and the other brothers' exploits being covered in the media for quite some time. But Ed is a guy I'm not rooting for now as much as others. Nothing against his kids, but I think he has some warts that have developed in the last decade.

We'll see how he does. I wouldn't bet too heavily on the UNC Bears. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

UPDATE --

The University of Northern Colorado is an FCS program and a member of the Big Sky Conference where they finished 2-10 in 2019. The conference chose to play this coming Spring rather than last Fall, and UNC elected to not play the Big Sky games, instead going the route of a non-conference schedule.

New Head Coach Ed McCaffrey, and new WR Coach Max McCaffrey, are hoping Dylan can get them a few more wins than they are accustomed to out there in Greeley. They've not yet released their schedule, but I'd imagine there might be some interesting matchups for the McCaffreys to collect some Ws.

Ed was a good athlete, and he and his wife raised 4 talented boys, none of whom have had negative press about their character at all. Good job.

But Ed has done some odd things, I'd say. He removed his oldest, Max, from a private high school in the Denver area, after Ed was not given the head football coach postion at that school. Max and then freshman brother Christian enrolled at newly-opened Valor Christian. Max and Christian and Dylan and Luke all won state championships at Valor, a program that benefitted from the McCaffreys going there, and all the other top athletes whose parents decided to follow them to Valor. And although Valor won something like 8 championships in football the first 10 years they were open, surprisingly their head coach departed was let go just prior to Luke's graduating -- and none other than Ed was named the head coach.

Ed said he wasn't doing it just to coach his son, and that he was in it at Valor for the long haul. He won a state championship, and coincidentally after Luke (the youngest) graduated, he called it a high school coaching career after two seasons.

People in these parts think very highly of the McCaffreys, from Ed winning a couple Super Bowls with Elway and the Broncos, to Christian and the other brothers' exploits being covered in the media for quite some time. But Ed is a guy I'm not rooting for now as much as others. Nothing against his kids, but I think he has some warts that have developed in the last decade.

Good informed post. Thanks for sharing that. Any teams in Colorado worth mentioning now on a national level?

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Any teams in Colorado worth mentioning now on a national level?

Ha!, Nuggets and Avalanche. Two stars, Nikola Jokic and Nathan MacKinnon, are fun to watch on those teams. But that ain't what you were asking.

HS football-wise, Cherry Creek has overtaken Valor in the state. Creek will be tough to knock off the hill as long as their coach remains. I've posted a number of times in the last 10 years regarding the guy (ex-NFL star, radio personality, local high school hero, etc.), the last of which was in whiteshoes' Dec 4-5 weekly guide...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

UPDATE --

Very informative post..Thank you...

7 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

UPDATE --

This was very informative, not the other..Thanks..

On 2/4/2021 at 1:38 PM, maxchoboian said:

Ha!, Nuggets and Avalanche. Two stars, Nikola Jokic and Nathan MacKinnon, are fun to watch on those teams. But that ain't what you were asking.

HS football-wise, Cherry Creek has overtaken Valor in the state. Creek will be tough to knock off the hill as long as their coach remains. I've posted a number of times in the last 10 years regarding the guy (ex-NFL star, radio personality, local high school hero, etc.), the last of which was in whiteshoes' Dec 4-5 weekly guide...

What about Columbine or Pomona?

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

What about Columbine or Pomona?

Perennial Top 5 teams. Both are known to line up and "hit you in the mouth", it's just that sometimes the guy hittin' you in the mouth for them is only 5'7", 160. When they get a couple classes back-to-back that have multiple players, they can win it all. It's tough for them to compete with a Cherry Creek every single year, in that Creek has an enrollment of 3,700 whereas Columbine has 1,700 and Pomona only 1,300. But those two have never opted to play down in classification -- they like the challenge playing bigger schools, and kick the hell out of most of them.

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

Perennial Top 5 teams. Both are known to line up and "hit you in the mouth", it's just that sometimes the guy hittin' you in the mouth for them is only 5'7", 160. When they get a couple classes back-to-back that have multiple players, they can win it all. It's tough for them to compete with a Cherry Creek every single year, in that Creek has an enrollment of 3,700 whereas Columbine has 1,700 and Pomona only 1,300. But those two have never opted to play down in classification -- they like the challenge playing bigger schools, and kick the hell out of most of them.

Ahhh the numbers game.  Is CC the only school in the 3000s enrollmentwise?

22 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Ahhh the numbers game.  Is CC the only school in the 3000s enrollmentwise?

The 4 largest schools in the state are in the Cherry Creek School District. Cherry Creek still has 20% more than the next biggest school:

Cherry Creek HS   3,700 (opened in 1955)

Eaglecrest HS   3,000 (opened in 1990)

Grandview HS    2,900 (opened in 2000)

Cherokee Trail HS   2,800 (opened in 2003)

• Thanks 1