Court-packing - the old becomes new again

Bormio

12 hours ago, DownSouth said:

The held a seat for over 400 days, on a nomination made 6 months before an election. Their reasoning was "let the people decide." - And they did, by Electoral Vote Trump was elected.

Now, the precedent they set is no longer valid. Votes are taking place in Virginia, ballots are being sent out, we're 2 months away from election day - but now it's not "too close to an election."

Go ahead, explain away the blatant hypocrisy. Obama made a nomination and the Republicans, in a truly unprecedented move wouldn't even give Garland a hearing...that's not business as usual, they stole a seat and now are going back on their own precedent.

Again, you sounds freaked out because you know what's coming if the Senate and White House flip. Elections have consequences, and if the American people flip the Senate and WH, that's because they want Biden to undo the Republican power grab taking place.

PROVE ME WRONG.

From abajournal.com:

Dan McLaughlin wrote in the National Review that 29 times there has been an open Supreme Court vacancy in a presidential election year, or in a lame-duck session before the next presidential inauguration.

“The president made a nomination in all twenty-nine cases,” he wrote. McLaughlin added that “19 times between 1796 and 1968, presidents have sought to fill a Supreme Court vacancy in a presidential-election year while their party controlled the Senate. Ten of those nominations came before the election; nine of the 10 were successful.”

By contrast, when the president and Senate were from opposite parties, there have been 10 vacancies resulting in a presidential election-year or post-election nomination. In six of the 10 cases, the president made a nomination before Election Day, but only one of those was confirmed by the Senate controlled by the opposite party. That was President Grover Cleveland’s nomination of Chief Justice Melville W. Fuller in 1888.

The historical end results are overwhelmingly clear here.

And as far as "elections having consequences",  those last until 20th January, 2021.  It's true.

Not to mention the constitution being entirely behind the Republicans here...

Does anyone on this site believe that if the roles were reversed, Chuckie Schumer and the rest of the Socia Democratic party wouldn't be doing exactly what McConnell is?  The party of the bullshit Russia hoax and the bullshit impeachment are actually talking about potentially another impeachment and court stacking.  SMDH

11 minutes ago, concha said:

From abajournal.com:

The historical end results are overwhelmingly clear here.

And as far as "elections having consequences",  those last until 20th January, 2021.  It's true.

Not to mention the constitution being entirely behind the Republicans here...

Does anyone on this site believe that if the roles were reversed, Chuckie Schumer and the rest of the Socia Democratic party wouldn't be doing exactly what McConnell is?  The party of the bullshit Russia hoax and the bullshit impeachment are actually talking about potentially another impeachment and court stacking.  SMDH

This^^ And that's why all of America, minus the woke crowd, will look at the the ensuing blatant attempt at character assassination by the socia-dems with extreme contempt. It'll simply be "here the fuck we go again" (eyes rolling). These people cannot be trusted with any power whatsoever. NONE. 

21 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

you people

NO ONE I know gives a shit who the next Justice is....we are too busy living.

Hope that helps! 👍

I think it's cool that the next Justice could be from my home town...maybe I will check her parade out or something. She's bat crazy, but no one cares about that either obviously. My sister knows this lady a little.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RedZone said:

NO ONE I know gives a shit who the next Justice is....we are too busy living.

You nailed it.

People are just so busy with their lives that they simply do not invest in knowing what's what in teh world. 

Most people have no clue what a danger TRump is. Most Americans simply work of sound bites and accept the ones that praise their tribe and reject the ones that don;t. Understanding this simplicity in the masses is Trump's genius. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You nailed it.

People are just so busy with their lives that they simply do not invest in knowing what's what in teh world. 

Most people have no clue what a danger TRump is. Most Americans simply work of sound bites and accept the ones that praise their tribe and reject the ones that don;t. Understanding this simplicity in the masses is Trump's genius. 

I can agree with this.....

26 minutes ago, concha said:

That lunatic was a child/young adult during the Obama years. 

The problem today is that Obama set a precedent that people with mental disorders are not a danger to society no matter how unhinged. 

He was the textbook coddling, everybody gets a trophy kind of parent (leader)

So now after 8 years of living with no structure or guidance, an army of radicals have now been unleashed on the country. They can not handle reality and accountability. 

People teens-20’s during the Obama years are now 20-30 year olds. They were molded for 8 years and it’s a hard habit to kick. Trump is the stern parent who holds his kids  accountable and Obama was the buddy buddy parent who let the children get away with anything. 

We are now suffering through the anarchy of the mentally ill and Obama’s work has been worse than Satans

• Like 2

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

That lunatic thinks she is a comedian, I hope you did not take that as real.

Even if this video was a parody, it reflects an overall consensus of how people like that act when things occur in society. You seen the same thing when Trump was elected. 

Obamas minions couldn’t handle the reality. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Even if this video was a parody, it reflects an overall consensus of how people like that act when things occur in society. You seen the same thing when Trump was elected. 

Obamas minions couldn’t handle the reality. 

not how they act, neither you nor I saw anyone react like this. It parodies how liberals and centrists felt at her passing. 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

not how they act, neither you nor I saw anyone react like this. It parodies how liberals and centrists felt at her passing. 

I have a very low chance of seeing this type of behavior occur because I don’t associate with someone that would ever react like that. I don’t interact with many people that share Democrat ideologies. I live in a red county, and red neighborhood. We have Trump/Pence sign and Blue Lives Matter signs at the entrance of the community.  Multiple police live here and we are blessed to feel safe. If any Obama/Biden/Soros minion came here acting a fool I can guarantee you a lot of people will apply the “stand your ground” law Florida thankfully has. 

Point is I live in a bubble away from this scum, but most don’t. And what if I want to go to the city? Any big city? I have to worry about these lunatics. You just reminded me I need more ammo. 

Thanks for this talk nooner! 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

That lunatic was a child/young adult during the Obama years. 

The problem today is that Obama set a precedent that people with mental disorders are not a danger to society no matter how unhinged. 

He was the textbook coddling, everybody gets a trophy kind of parent (leader)

So now after 8 years of living with no structure or guidance, an army of radicals have now been unleashed on the country. They can not handle reality and accountability. 

People teens-20’s during the Obama years are now 20-30 year olds. They were molded for 8 years and it’s a hard habit to kick. Trump is the stern parent who holds his kids  accountable and Obama was the buddy buddy parent who let the children get away with anything. 

We are now suffering through the anarchy of the mentally ill and Obama’s work has been worse than Satans

Well said.

• Thanks 1