GHSA investigates Valdosta QB eligibilty

Fred

• Fred changed the title to GHSA investigates Valdosta QB eligibilty
19 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I don't get the point if they said it was ok from the beginning. They should've started the investigation before allowing him to play.

They allow the AD to handle the investigation. When the paper work about a legal separation is submitted to the AD and he then files all the proper eligibility paper work with the GHSA who reviews it and grants a hardship waiver. Then the parents say it was their intention all along to shit on the rules and that they knew it would cause issues. 

Now there is further investigation. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I don't get the point if they said it was ok from the beginning. They should've started the investigation before allowing him to play.

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They allow the AD to handle the investigation. When the paper work about a legal separation is submitted to the AD and he then files all the proper eligibility paper work with the GHSA who reviews it and grants a hardship waiver. Then the parents say it was their intention all along to shit on the rules and that they knew it would cause issues. 

Yep , everyone knew it was shady but no one said anything but then you go out and brag about how you manipulated the system now people at GHSA are not happy 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Here them Colquitt people go again.

They just won't let Rush alone.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Alabama has approved several transfers especially in basketball before school starts then before playoff time finds them ineligible. School forfeits all games.  

Do you know for fact the GHSA already approved him? 

Problem is the GHSA has overlooked so much with transfers at certain schools most think anything goes.

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

Alabama has approved several transfers especially in basketball before school starts then before playoff time finds them ineligible. School forfeits all games.  

Do you know for fact the GHSA already approved him? 

Problem is the GHSA has overlooked so much with transfers at certain schools most think anything goes.

They seem to be making an example out of a few high profile ones this year.

31 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Yep , everyone knew it was shady but no one said anything but then you go out and brag about how you manipulated the system now people at GHSA are not happy 

I think you pretty much just nailed it.  The GHSA probably would have gone on about their business....then the ESPN article...and suddenly...people are PISSED OFF.

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

GHSA will do their "investigation" and at the end will say that they never imagined having to put in a rule that restricted this, but will now have to for future transfers.  Garcia will play and the Wildcats will go on to an undefeated season and will play a Utah team in the GEICO.  Maybe Corner Canyon.

Garcia may very well be ruled eligible.

Valdosta may very well play in the Geico.

Valdosta may very well play against a Utah team.

But they won't play undefeated.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Rufus69 said:

Garcia may very well be ruled eligible.

Valdosta may very well play in the Geico.

Valdosta may very well play against a Utah team.

But they won't play undefeated.

Rufus>>

I don't see any teams on their schedule that will take them down.  Only way they lose is if Garcia is injured.  Otherwise, undefeated and to the top of the rankings with a bullet!

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

They probably can interpret the rules anyway they want to. 

They have to say that they are launching an investigation since this made them look bad, but in the end nothing except maybe a rule change will come of this.  The parents are stupid AF for putting it out there, but as for the kid?  LET HIM PLAY!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

When Mommy and Daddy proudly told America how they gamed the system and how stupid the bumpkins at the GHSA are I’m sure it rankles a few feathers. 

Now I think they don’t have the cheat to actually do anything about it because of who/where it is and the optics, but they are embarrassed of nothing else.

I’m sure “next year” they’ll address the rule a little differently. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I don't see any teams on their schedule that will take them down.  Only way they lose is if Garcia is injured.  Otherwise, undefeated and to the top of the rankings with a bullet!

😂 

Mr “My State is a bunch of pussies so I’m a jawja HS expert now” chimes in. 

Valdosta should’ve already lost one. They’ll play better teams. Going undefeated takes a lot of luck and this season it’ll even take more. 

I’d take the bet they don’t go undefeated if you want some.

$50 to the winners booster club. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

When Mommy and Daddy proudly told America how they gamed the system and how stupid the bumpkins at the GHSA are I’m sure it rankles a few feathers. 

Now I think they don’t have the cheat to actually do anything about it because of who/where it is and the optics, but they are embarrassed of nothing else.

I’m sure “next year” they’ll address the rule a little differently. 

Probably they win out in a court battle, but, the telegraphing of the intent to nullify the legal separation could very well squash the hardship waiver they were granted. 

Let's not forget also, that the Valdosta school board just voted to allow the Showtime series to go on. This will all be drama for the show I'm sure. I wouldn't think the GHSA wants to look inept on a Showtime series directed by the same fella that had a lot to do with the Two-A-Days series. I can't wait to see how all of this gets played out on there. 

• Like 1