GHSA investigates Valdosta QB eligibilty

Fred

46 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

What am I missing here?  If he has the legal document that his parents did in fact file a legal separation, which they did, then how is this not looking good for Garcia?

Depends on the wording of the separation. Is there a specific wording about the custody of the kid? Etc. That could be one issue in the legal documents. 

The other issue is the parents saying they intended to play the system by filing a legal separation, and then admitting that they had plans to nullify that same document following the season. 

Personally, I hoped the kid would be able to play at the Pen and get his ass knocked around. Then once I saw the interview with ESPN, I realized how shoddy his folks were being and while I kind of hate it for the kid, screw that okee dokie  bullshit they're pulling. 

Best solution for Jake is for mom to show USC that they are actually committed enough to do it right instead of just committed enough to try cheating the system. Quit her job, take a leave of absence or whatever it is she needs to do there, sell the house and move to Valdosta. Take the Valdosta tax payers for a ride and then go back, buy a house and rejoin her job in a couple of months like any other okie dokie pulling family up in the metro would do. 

Leg injury healed like magic and GHSA eligibility issues disappear. Folks will still point and put asterisks by whatever the Cats do this year after the bullshit, but, it would all be on the up and up... finally. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

@HawgGoneIt I wouldn't call this class new for the pack aren't they the last batch of propst? 

Garcia parents were use to the cali regulations just move wherever the hell you want.

Some of these players had limited playing time under Rush as sophomores. Most of them for the next couple of years will have been in Rush's system to some extent in the lower grades but, most of that has been being adjusted to fit what Rogers wants to do. They still did play through some of Rush's tenure though. 

As far as the Cali folks, nah, it had nothing to do with the Cali regulations. They knew the rules and tried their damndest to shit on them. May still get away with it even. Everyone sees what they did though. Shoddy ass ppl. 

27 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Depends on the wording of the separation. Is there a specific wording about the custody of the kid? Etc. That could be one issue in the legal documents. 

The other issue is the parents saying they intended to play the system by filing a legal separation, and then admitting that they had plans to nullify that same document following the season. 

Personally, I hoped the kid would be able to play at the Pen and get his ass knocked around. Then once I saw the interview with ESPN, I realized how shoddy his folks were being and while I kind of hate it for the kid, screw that okee dokie  bullshit they're pulling. 

Best solution for Jake is for mom to show USC that they are actually committed enough to do it right instead of just committed enough to try cheating the system. Quit her job, take a leave of absence or whatever it is she needs to do there, sell the house and move to Valdosta. Take the Valdosta tax payers for a ride and then go back, buy a house and rejoin her job in a couple of months like any other okie dokie pulling family up in the metro would do. 

Leg injury healed like magic and GHSA eligibility issues disappear. Folks will still point and put asterisks by whatever the Cats do this year after the bullshit, but, it would all be on the up and up... finally. 

I was thinking the same thing. But I would think his idiotic parents would have researched the GHSA bylaw maybe even have a legal beagle review it and make sure their plan and the wording on their “separation” fulfilled the exact guidelines.

If your gonna pack up, move across the country to scam the system I would have figured they would have made sure what they needed to do......Oh yeah and maybe not blabber to ESPN about your plans smh. Even then I think it comes down to what is in the court documents they filled for the separation. Going to to be hard to overturn something that has been certified by the court.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Get away with what? Doing what the rules said they had to do?

Getting away with being shoddy ass people. Don't play dense. They should really move to be a bona fide transfer for immediate eligibility. They are trying to skip and play loose with the hardship waivers by filing for a legal separation that they admitted to a national syndicated sports network that they intend to nullify following the season. Shoddy stuff. The dad admits it's shoddy his own self and expected an uproar about it. xD

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Getting away with being shoddy ass people. Don't play dense. They should really move to be a bona fide transfer for immediate eligibility. They are trying to skip and play loose with the hardship waivers by filing for a legal separation that they admitted to a national syndicated sports network that they intend to nullify following the season. Shoddy stuff. The dad admits it's shoddy his own self and expected an uproar about it. xD

Did they get a legal separation or not?

if so they followed the rule to a tee.
Is there a rule that says you can’t get back together? Is there a rule saying you can’t get a legal separation to play football?

if not you cry baby’s need to quit whining.Dont hate the player hate the game 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Did they get a legal separation or not?

if so they followed the rule to a tee.
Is there a rule that says you can’t get back together? Is there a rule saying you can’t get a legal separation to play football?

if not you cry baby’s need to quit whining.Dont hate the player hate the game 

Shoddy ass ppl admit to frauding the system. 

Not crying at all. Just making sure that everyone understands they are shoddy ass ppl. 

I can't say whether they followed the rule to a tee or not. Apparently there are still questions about that or there wouldn't be a GHSA eligibility investigation right now. 

None of that changes the fact they're shoddy ass ppl. :D

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Shoddy ass ppl admit to frauding the system. 

Not crying at all. Just making sure that everyone understands they are shoddy ass ppl. 

I can't say whether they followed the rule to a tee or not. Apparently there are still questions about that or there wouldn't be a GHSA eligibility investigation right now. 

None of that changes the fact they're shoddy ass ppl. :D

Look where they’re from. A place where if you don’t get what you want you throw a tantrum, destroy a bunch of shit that isn’t yours and voila, you’re made whole.

Welcome to America (2020 version)

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Honestly the GHSA really has no jurisdiction here, GHSA transfer eligibility rules can only really apply to transfers from member schools to another member school .That pretty much goes for any states athletic association A transfer from out of state should only have to prove they live in the district of the school they attend and that is up to the school to accept it and has no bearing on the athletic association.

However if the athletic association can prove the whole move was made for athletic advantage or purpose or if there was determined to be undo influence on the student to go to said school than yeah player could be ruled ineligible. I guess it comes down to what the Garcia's were told to come to Valdosta.  Any promises of playing time, reduced housing, jobs etc... would be undo influence and render the player ineligible..

https://www.ghsa.net/sites/default/files/documents/forms/EligibilityInstructions.pdf

8. EXCEPTIONS: Certain situations allow a student to be eligible without a bona fide change of address.

(A) A student who transfers from a non-GHSA school to the GHSA school in whose service area he/she lives could be immediately eligible one time in the student's high school career. (See By-Law 1.62-c) NOTE: The issue here is not private to public (or vice-versa), but rather non-member to member. Also, only one move back to the home school from a non-member school carries immediate eligibility. Subsequent moves or moves to a GHSA school other than the original school are covered under the migratory rule.

(B) A student transferring from a home school situation is treated as transferring from a non-member school. Each school is responsible for verifying the academic eligibility (units passed per semester and units accumulated) of students coming from the home school situation before the student participates.

(C) A student involved in an approved Foreign Exchange program (as determined by the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel) is exempt from the migratory rule and may participate for one year only. Each school is responsible for verifying the academic eligibility (units passed previous semester and units accumulated) of students in these programs.

(D) An American citizen returning from residence in a foreign country is exempt from the migratory rule even if parents, step-parents, or guardians do not make the move also.

(E) If there is a death of the custodial parent, the student may move to live with the other natural parent, relative, or guardian. A copy of the death certificate must be submitted with the eligibility form.

(F) In a situation in which both natural parents have been given permanent joint custody by a Superior Court judge, a student may elect to move from one custodial parent to the other once during each school calendar year. The student must remain with the custodial parent for one calendar year in order to maintain eligibility. A copy of the Superior Court records must be submitted with the eligibility report.

Then why even file for a legal separation then? 

There is obviously some jurisdiction here. I can't say what the investigation is about, but, clearly they thought there was some jurisdiction or they wouldn't have went to the lengths they have already. 

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Look where they’re from. A place where if you don’t get what you want you throw a tantrum, destroy a bunch of shot that isn’t yours and voila, you’re made whole.

Welcome to America (2020 version)

Interesting point. I think I read where the dad is a 30 year veteran retired cop. Then they pull stuff like this. Dirty, shoddy ppl.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

exactly.. was not necessary.. but now undo influence and or athletic advantage comes into play. Which never would have been an issue if they simply moved in from out of state and signed up for school and played. People just not knowing rules and going on TV with nonsense lol they stirred their own pot for no reason. Especially if the kid is 18 and can pretty much live where he wants anyway..lol

if not 17 then they may have to have a legal separation for the Dad to live in GA with legal custody. He would have to have that to gain entry to school and sign paperwork etc...shouldn't have anything to do with the GHSA or athletic eligibility though just to be able to legally enroll at the school. If legally enrolled in the school then should be able to participate in all after school activities even sports being they did not transfer from another GHSA member school.

Interesting stuff. Almost like it was made for t.v. 

Oh wait...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

exactly.. was not necessary.. but now undo influence and or athletic advantage comes into play. Which never would have been an issue if they simply moved in from out of state and signed up for school and played. People just not knowing rules and going on TV with nonsense lol they stirred their own pot for no reason. Especially if the kid is 18 and can pretty much live where he wants anyway..lol

if not 17 then they may have to have a legal separation for the Dad to live in GA with legal custody. He would have to have that to gain entry to school and sign paperwork etc...shouldn't have anything to do with the GHSA or athletic eligibility though just to be able to legally enroll at the school. If legally enrolled in the school then should be able to participate in all after school activities even sports being they did not transfer from another GHSA member school.

This may be a national type of ruling. 

The thing I’m most curious about is, the way I understand it, the kid will have to stay for the remainder of the school year to validate the move. Now I’m sure there’s an attorney out there chomping at the bit to take that on, but I’ve got the grease heating up and the popcorn ready to hit it. 

17 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

The thing I’m most curious about is, the way I understand it, the kid will have to stay for the remainder of the school year to validate the move. Now I’m sure there’s an attorney out there chomping at the bit to take that on, but I’ve got the grease heating up and the popcorn ready to hit it. 

There has to be more to it. The attraction/offer of being on a cable t.v. drama. All of this seems manufactured. 

If they never needed a legal separation, then why do it? Etc. Tbh there are more questions about all of this than answers and the ones actually in the know aren't talking. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There has to be more to it. The attraction/offer of being on a cable t.v. drama. All of this seems manufactured. 

If they never needed a legal separation, then why do it? Etc. Tbh there are more questions about all of this than answers and the ones actually in the know aren't talking. 

Ultimately we all know the answer. Nothing is gonna happen because the GHSA is a bunch of feckless pussies who are ran by a special few. If you’re in with the in crowd, you’re golden. 

If not, you’re fucked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

Ultimately we all know the answer. Nothing is gonna happen because the GHSA is a bunch of feckless pussies who are ran by a special few. If you’re in with the in crowd, you’re golden. 

If not, you’re fucked. 

Plausible deniability. The GHSA leadership will punt it every time. "These rules are all made and adopted by the membership, we only enforce them." 

• Like 1

Just now, CODBEARD said:

There is no National rules pertaining to HS football other than the on the field playing rules.. Eligibility rules are all determine by the individual athletic associations.  The NFHS offers guidelines and recommendations to those type things for their members but they don't make the rules nor police any of it.

I get that. What I’m saying is that there’s a strong possibility many other states are watching and may rewrite the rules to try to avoid dealing with janky ass schools and janky ass families. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Didn't realize all that was going on.. well hell, come here and be on the TV show would certainly constitute undo influence.. just saying

Of all the schools in towns in GA to choose from if your going to move to GA to play why pick Valdosta? rhetorical question.. well come here son and be on the show. Certainly is "undo influence" and does give Valdosta and unfair "athletic advantage" over the other GHSA schools. JMHO of course and if I was a GSHA Board member those are the buzz words.

Buzzer GIFs | Tenor

I didn't bring all that up for nothing. :D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

If he moves, at that point he becomes a migrant student and is not eligible going forward.  As I read it, he plans on enrolling early at USC anyway so spring sports are moot anyway.

• Thanks 1