GHSA investigates Valdosta QB eligibilty

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

Ultimately we all know the answer. Nothing is gonna happen because the GHSA is a bunch of feckless pussies who are ran by a special few. If you’re in with the in crowd, you’re golden. 

If not, you’re fucked. 

Plausible deniability. The GHSA leadership will punt it every time. "These rules are all made and adopted by the membership, we only enforce them." 

• Like 1
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like these idiot parents may have just cost their son a big opportunity, and he will have to pay for their stupidity.  There’s a concept in the law that fraud vitiates consent, which in this cas

A little recruiting & heavy transfers gap closed 

I get that. What I’m saying is that there’s a strong possibility many other states are watching and may rewrite the rules to try to avoid dealing with janky ass schools and janky ass families. 

Posted Images

I hope the kid plays. I've had a feeling its all gamesmanship from Rush anyway. Made for r.v. manufactured drama. Suddenly the kid is in the game on Friday. The GHSA are just pawns in the drama for the t.v. show. 

I think Colquitt has something for the kid if he does play. 

#lethimplay

• Haha 2
Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Plausible deniability. The GHSA leadership will punt it every time. "These rules are all made and adopted by the membership, we only enforce them." 

Hines is a puppetbitch and the good old boys that are his marionettes just laugh and give the rest of us the bird. 

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

This may be a national type of ruling. 

The thing I’m most curious about is, the way I understand it, the kid will have to stay for the remainder of the school year to validate the move. Now I’m sure there’s an attorney out there chomping at the bit to take that on, but I’ve got the grease heating up and the popcorn ready to hit it. 

There is no National rules pertaining to HS football other than the on the field playing rules in the HFHS handbooks.  Eligibility rules are all determined by the individual athletic associations.  The NFHS offers guidelines and recommendations to those type things for their members but they don't make the rules nor police any of it.

Just now, CODBEARD said:

There is no National rules pertaining to HS football other than the on the field playing rules.. Eligibility rules are all determine by the individual athletic associations.  The NFHS offers guidelines and recommendations to those type things for their members but they don't make the rules nor police any of it.

I get that. What I’m saying is that there’s a strong possibility many other states are watching and may rewrite the rules to try to avoid dealing with janky ass schools and janky ass families. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

T.v. show stuff. Big drama. They want to have some shots of Colquitt folks looking dumbfounded when the Cali kid runs out onto the field. Coaches scrambling and etc. 

xD

sounds fun.. where do we tune in?

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Next year most likely, on Showtime the way I understand it. 

Didn't realize all that was going on.. well hell, come here and be on the TV show would certainly constitute undo influence.. just saying

Of all the schools and towns in GA to choose from if your going to move to GA to play why pick Valdosta? rhetorical question.. well come here son and be on the show. Certainly is "undo influence" and does give Valdosta and unfair "athletic advantage" over the other GHSA schools. JMHO of course and if I was a GSHA Board member those are the buzz words.

Buzzer GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Didn't realize all that was going on.. well hell, come here and be on the TV show would certainly constitute undo influence.. just saying

Of all the schools in towns in GA to choose from if your going to move to GA to play why pick Valdosta? rhetorical question.. well come here son and be on the show. Certainly is "undo influence" and does give Valdosta and unfair "athletic advantage" over the other GHSA schools. JMHO of course and if I was a GSHA Board member those are the buzz words.

Buzzer GIFs | Tenor

I didn't bring all that up for nothing. :D

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

This may be a national type of ruling.

The thing I’m most curious about is, the way I understand it, the kid will have to stay for the remainder of the school year to validate the move. Now I’m sure there’s an attorney out there chomping at the bit to take that on, but I’ve got the grease heating up and the popcorn ready to hit it. 

If he moves, at that point he becomes a migrant student and is not eligible going forward.  As I read it, he plans on enrolling early at USC anyway so spring sports are moot anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Fred said:

If he moves, at that point he becomes a migrant student and is not eligible going forward.  As I read it, he plans on enrolling early at USC anyway so spring sports are moot anyway.

This goes back to that "one year" rule. In this case, the GHSA knows the intentions of the family just weeks into the the season. They have grounds to deny eligibility. At least Kurt's family kept their intentions a secret until after the season.

His parents are willing to legally separate just so he can play his senior season... I almost want to say give the kid a pass just for that dedication lol I would think COVID-19 would be enough reason to give the kid a waiver without the requirement of the seperation, though. 

12 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

Of all the schools and towns in GA to choose from if your going to move to GA to play why pick Valdosta? rhetorical question..

I could be wrong here - and someone can correct me - but didn't they move there because they had family in Valdosta they could live with during the season?

2 minutes ago, joshboutwell said:

I could be wrong here - and someone can correct me - but didn't they move there because they had family in Valdosta they could live with during the season?

Family in Atlanta that supposedly encouraged him to play at Valdosta.

They are most likely staying in a booster owned apartment as temporary living if I had to guess.

7 minutes ago, joshboutwell said:

Nope they move to Valdosta because college coaches and his family on Atlanta told his family to go to Valdosta

On 9/24/2020 at 6:20 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

Then why even file for a legal separation then? 

There is obviously some jurisdiction here. I can't say what the investigation is about, but, clearly they thought there was some jurisdiction or they wouldn't have went to the lengths they have already. 

My guess is the investigation is launched to save face.  Nothing will come of it, since it was all done legally.  Morally, is another thing.  But being immoral as far as I know is not necessarily illegal.  if it were then you know who would not be in the casa blanca. Lol.

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Milton and NG say hey

Still don't see how that happened...smh. But I feel like there's more to the story as to why he's choosing colquitt. Is it depth? Is it because colquitt is the better team? Does he feel like Valdosta won't win because he isn't sold on Jones at quarterback?