GHSA investigates Valdosta QB eligibilty

Fred

51 minutes ago, Fred said:

If he moves, at that point he becomes a migrant student and is not eligible going forward.  As I read it, he plans on enrolling early at USC anyway so spring sports are moot anyway.

This goes back to that "one year" rule. In this case, the GHSA knows the intentions of the family just weeks into the the season. They have grounds to deny eligibility. At least Kurt's family kept their intentions a secret until after the season.

2 minutes ago, joshboutwell said:

I could be wrong here - and someone can correct me - but didn't they move there because they had family in Valdosta they could live with during the season?

Family in Atlanta that supposedly encouraged him to play at Valdosta.

They are most likely staying in a booster owned apartment as temporary living if I had to guess.

7 minutes ago, joshboutwell said:

I could be wrong here - and someone can correct me - but didn't they move there because they had family in Valdosta they could live with during the season?

Nope they move to Valdosta because college coaches and his family on Atlanta told his family to go to Valdosta

On 9/24/2020 at 6:20 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

Then why even file for a legal separation then? 

There is obviously some jurisdiction here. I can't say what the investigation is about, but, clearly they thought there was some jurisdiction or they wouldn't have went to the lengths they have already. 

My guess is the investigation is launched to save face.  Nothing will come of it, since it was all done legally.  Morally, is another thing.  But being immoral as far as I know is not necessarily illegal.  if it were then you know who would not be in the casa blanca. Lol.

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Still don't see how that happened...smh. But I feel like there's more to the story as to why he's choosing colquitt. Is it depth? Is it because colquitt is the better team? Does he feel like Valdosta won't win because he isn't sold on Jones at quarterback? 

I don’t know. I think cc wins because many have said valdosta doesn’t have the linemen to hang. 

We will see shortly! 

19 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Just curious, but are you going with colquitt based off of what you've seen from both teams so far or is it mainly because of depth?

It’s mainly off previous history. It’s off the fact that Rogers lost to Valdosta last year and can’t afford to drop this game again at home. Bottom line more times than not in the last decade, Colquitt is flat out BETTER than Valdosta. Like a lot better. Valdosta’s 2016 state championship team lost by 21 at home to Colquitt. Believe the Packers are a better program. I think Rush will close the gap, I think he already has some, but not enough tonight in Moultrie.  

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

It’s mainly off previous history. It’s off the fact that Rogers lost to Valdosta last year and can’t afford to drop this game again at home. Bottom line more times than not in the last decade, Colquitt is flat out BETTER than Valdosta. Like a lot better. Valdosta’s 2016 state championship team lost by 21 at home to Colquitt. Believe the Packers are a better program. I think Rush will close the gap, I think he already has some, but not enough tonight in Moultrie.  

So what’s Garcia’s story? Is he eligible is he hurt?

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

All because of the man who's coaching on the opposing sideline tonight tho. You counting on Rogers to do duplicate the same success colquitt has had over valdosta in the past 10 years? Hell, we saw how that worked out for him last year.....not only in the dosta game, but the lowndes and parkview game as well. 

4 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

All because of the man who's coaching on the opposing sideline tonight tho. You counting on Rogers to do duplicate the same success colquitt has had over valdosta in the past 10 years? Hell, we saw how that worked out for him last year.....not only in the dosta game, but the lowndes and parkview game as well. 

While admittedly Colquitt is a better team/program than when Rush took it over, he didn't have a ton of success that first year.  Almost anytime someone comes in behind a successful predecessor they have some down games.  Yes, I know there are exceptions to this but still.  I think Justin gets a mulligan.

• Like 1