What does the GHSA do?

HooverOutlaw

4 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I guess when they approved the kid in August was with the Gwinnett rule book.  

It was with the information they had at the time. Funny thing is they all have plausible deniabity. Like in 2016 Grayson said they did their due diligence and that was that. They hate that the parents did that way but, it is what it is because due diligence. Valdosta will have the same story. They just get caught up before winning a ring. 

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Valdosta may already have to forfeit one game. They'd be foolish to play him in another before a ruling one way or another. 

No way I am playing a kid not knowing if he will be eligible.  If they signed off earlier, I think he is eligible until they change their decision. JMO.  Its the GHSA, who knows.  But I wouldn't chance it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm sure there is mixed feelings like that on both sides of the stadium this Friday. Crazy story. Really almost stranger than fiction. 

A cc poster of impeccable reputation told me he thinks crp is still in the pocket of a cc benefactor or two. Iff’n he’s right, that’s very strange or there’s something else going on.

Why would the Garcia’s publicize in a nationally published article how they circumvented the system by a legal loophole? If they were smart they would have kept quiet. Any normal person realizes just how absurd it is to go to that level to play. I can only imagine how this pissed off the GHSA as it made them look ridiculous also. I don’t know what legal grounds the GHSA has but they probably want to reverse his eligibility. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They can't even afford to move the entire family to GA without his mom needing a job to pay the bills. You think they have money to shell out for lawsuits because they are gaming the system?

Yeah hard to say want exactly their finances are. Rumor was dad did 30 years a cop. So conservatively his retirement, would be 100-120k range. Not sure if mom makes good cash or not to put it on a legal fight.

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They can't even afford to move the entire family to GA without his mom needing a job to pay the bills. You think they have money to shell out for lawsuits because they are gaming the system?

Eh, I'd guess a booster has provided them nice cheap rent and another may volunteer to help with their legal stuff. 

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

As slow as courts move season would be over before anything is done.  GHSA would win in court.

What I have noticed with the GHSA through the years is that their initial decision usually holds serve. If they ruled ineligible, the courts usually don't overturn. 

I'm interested whether there was ever any ruling about eligibility to begin with, or if Valdosta just assumed he was good and all. 

Just now, Cossacks said:

Hopefully he is eligible, throw three picks and they lose Friday night 😂.

He's gonna be on his back some at the Pen. I have no doubt at all about that.

Unless Rush and the gang substitutes some similar sized grown construction workers in for their offensive line like the Cats used to do back in the day anyway. xD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CODBEARD said:

Bingo.. If he moved in from out of state into Valdosta's school zone and enrolled , there would be nothing to rule on.. Unless every kid who moves to GA has to get a waiver to play sports for their school, which I doubt is the case but it is Georgia lol..

I'm really not certain about this stuff. Your bringing up the part of the rule that says transferring from one GHSA to another definitely set me to revisiting whatever I had thought before.

I still can't wrap my head around the legal separation if it wasn't necessary for some reason under the rules though. 

I guess I don't really care one way or another. I have his folks chalked up in my book as shoddy people and I hope he turns out better than them. Other than that... Let's get it on! 24 hours and 55 minutes and counting. 

#lethimplay!

• Haha 1