Home grown, community, Pride, tradition in South Georgia

imaGoodBoyNow

I remember back in the day when these south Ga teams were preaching community, and that there’s no pride at other schools who accept transfers and start them Of kids who have been in the towns program since elementary school, 

but hold up colquitt brought in a QB , and started him over the local kid who’s waited his turn over 5 years to start at QB

Senior Xavier Williams, who transferred to Colquitt County during the spring after serving as the backup at Ola High in Henry County last season, started at quarterback

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I remember back in the day when these south Ga teams were preaching community, and that there’s no pride at other schools who accept transfers and start them Of kids who have been in the towns program since elementary school, 

but hold up colquitt brought in a QB , and started him over the local kid who’s waited his turn over 5 years to start at QB

Senior Xavier Williams, who transferred to Colquitt County during the spring after serving as the backup at Ola High in Henry County last season, started at quarterback

I think Bob Dylan said it best....

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

Just a bunch of bullshit the bumpkins want everybody to buy into iff’n they lose to a metro team. 

It’s been hilariously quiet on the valdosta transfers front from everybody not named @HawgGoneIt Which is odd because everybody knows how much that local community pride and homegrown kid shit means. Until it doesn’t. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Just a bunch of bullshit the bumpkins want everybody to buy into iff’n they lose to a metro team. 

It’s been hilariously quiet on the valdosta transfers front from everybody not named @HawgGoneIt Which is odd because everybody knows how much that local community pride and homegrown kid shit means. Until it doesn’t. 

I’m fine with everything, I’m just curious to hear from packers Fans what they think of a transfer that took the starting spot from a kid waiting 5+ years for this year to happen

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m fine with everything, I’m just curious to hear from packers Fans what they think of a transfer that took the starting spot from a kid waiting 5+ years for this year to happen

I’m fine with everything as well, live and let live, but the hypocritical bullshit was tiresome a few decades ago. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If they had transferred in here specifically for to play football like we see with the Del Rios, Garcias, Borders and etc., then I'd likely have something to say. 

I do wonder how in the hell he was just a back up at a terrible team and somehow he earned the first start of the season at Colquitt though. 

Like the kids transferring to valdosta to play? I wanna be sure what you mean. 

And the Del Rio thing was more karma than anything. Just like the garcia clan, they’re shoddy ass people to “adopt” a kid just so he can play football then once the season was over, see ya brah. 

I wonder if the GHSA has anything about “spirit and intent” in their bylaws? Doubt it though. Too damned dumb. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If they had transferred in here specifically for to play football like we see with the Del Rios, Garcias, Borders and etc., then I'd likely have something to say. 

I do wonder how in the hell he was just a back up at a terrible team and somehow he earned the first start of the season at Colquitt though. 

I saw that to, 

Was a backup to a school called Ola Hs and was able to snag the Colquitt packers starting QB Gig over a kid that already had the playbook installed

they must think he’s gonna be special 

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I saw that to, 

Was a backup to a school called Ola Hs and was able to snag the Colquitt packers starting QB Gig over a kid that already had the playbook installed

they must think he’s gonna be special 

He got his first offer yesterday from UNC at Charlotte. One start that he went 12 of 22 with an int and a rushing td and he got an offer. 

Idk. I will say that he didn't just waltz in and get given the job. It was a hard fight that may still not be over. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He got his first offer yesterday from UNC at Charlotte. One start that he went 12 of 22 with an int and a rushing td and he got an offer. 

Idk. I will say that he didn't just waltz in and get given the job. It was a hard fight that may still not be over. 

With that stat line getting a unc charlotte offer, our QB1 is going to play for the gumps or LSU. 

And it ain’t gonna be LSU....... 😂 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

With that stat line getting a unc charlotte offer, our QB1 is going to play for the gumps or LSU. 

And it ain’t gonna be LSU....... 😂 

Can't coach size and running ability. Those are god given and what gets the most attention today. 

I feel like Zane Touchton is a much more accurate qb. He falls short in the size dept. I honestly think that was the difference in who got the start.

• Like 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Can't coach size and running ability. Those are god given and what gets the most attention today. 

I feel like Zane Touchton is a much more accurate qb. He falls short in the size dept. I honestly think that was the difference in who got the start.

Honest question, how’s the community reaction, is there Any outrage Zane was skipped over  or are the Packs at the point they just want to win 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What year is the backup? Is he a possible move down the road?

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

wait a minute... how's he eligible if he's been waiting 5 years? Dude shouldn't even be in HS anymore...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What’s professor Xaviers 40 time?? Very possible to run a 2 QBs on the same time, not all the time but you can definitely mess up defensive game plan with that set

Disagree. Having two QBs that play close to an equal amount of snaps fucks up rhythm and flow. 

If it’s a wildcat type thing or situational goal line type stuff I get it, otherwise nope. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

They gotta hire larry or watson to make sure the paperwork and housing is done properly.

Well if it isn’t my gal 96 still crying about getting slapped up in the title game. 

How is OOS daddy doing with the homegrowns? Still having trouble believing they couldn’t find somebody in cheatersville to coach them, knowing about your community pride. 

The crosstown school has obviously backed off their homegrown shit. The question is, when your players start transferring to valdosta will they still be considered homegrown?  

• Haha 1