Home grown, community, Pride, tradition in South Georgia

imaGoodBoyNow

5 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I remember back in the day when these south Ga teams were preaching community, and that there’s no pride at other schools who accept transfers and start them Of kids who have been in the towns program since elementary school, 

but hold up colquitt brought in a QB , and started him over the local kid who’s waited his turn over 5 years to start at QB

Senior Xavier Williams, who transferred to Colquitt County during the spring after serving as the backup at Ola High in Henry County last season, started at quarterback

Tell us, twodogsfucking....why are so concerned?

• Thumbs Down 1

52 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

LMAO, how long you going to ride past seasons? I know Marietta never did anything before but at least act like you been there. Who knows, yall may win another in 50 years or so.

I’m gonna ride it until we aren’t the champions any more. 

After that, I’ll ride it for everybody who has not won a title since we have. 

You can bet there will always be somebody who will have it rubbed in their face. 

Why be here otherwise? 

9 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Crazy part is he transferred in as a fan just like their players.

Nah Sis. I’m certified. Lived in district twenty years, have a daughter graduating in the spring and and eighth grader. All in. 

Came from Utah so no dual loyalty like you have in cheatersville. 

As an aside, proud of you for actually forming a sentence that wouldn’t be filled with red check marks! I might have added a comma after “fan”, but still. Baby steps. 

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

12-22 221 yards 3 passing TDs

Also had a 27 yard rushing TD. Not sure how many total rushing yards he ended up with.

Decent game. Our kid had similar numbers.

18-29 217 3TDs and 8 carries for 43 yards. 

He didn’t play in week two due to being injured (not Covid). Not sure if he’ll play tomorrow night. 

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Decent game. Our kid had similar numbers.

18-29 217 3TDs and 8 carries for 43 yards. 

He didn’t play in week two due to being injured (not Covid). Not sure if he’ll play tomorrow night. 

That was Xavier's numbers in just over half the game. I believe we put the back up in on the 3rd possession of the 3rd quarter and he finished the game under a running clock.

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That was Xavier's numbers in just over half the game. I believe we put the back up in on the 3rd possession of the 3rd quarter and he finished the game under a running clock.

Cool story. 

Any yokels cheeky about the transfer coming in and getting the nod, seeing as how rare it is cc gets transfers? 

28 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Cool story. 

Any yokels cheeky about the transfer coming in and getting the nod, seeing as how rare it is cc gets transfers? 

About as much uproar as the other QB transfers. I'm honestly surprised he won the job. I didn't expect him to be much considering his back up status at his previous school. I think Zane has good heart and good between the ears, but he never really struck me as having enough talent to lead a championship contender. He could still win the job back, nothing set in stone there.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m fine with everything, I’m just curious to hear from packers Fans what they think of a transfer that took the starting spot from a kid waiting 5+ years for this year to happen

I personally don't like it.  But I live in the real world (most the time).  Shit like that happens more often than not in today's game.  So you either learn to live with it...or...become a Falcons fan.  I've learned to live with it.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I personally don't like it.  But I live in the real world (most the time).  Shit like that happens more often than not in today's game.  So you either learn to live with it...or...become a Falcons fan.  I've learned to live with it.

Rufus>>

Second to last sentence was totally unnecessary.

Regardless of the gospel that it was.......

18 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’m gonna ride it until we aren’t the champions any more. 

After that, I’ll ride it for everybody who has not won a title since we have. 

You can bet there will always be somebody who will have it rubbed in their face. 

Why be here otherwise? 

lmao, good answer. I would too. Wasnt even born on their first one, most likely be dead on their next one. Get it in while you can.

12 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

About as much uproar as the other QB transfers. I'm honestly surprised he won the job. I didn't expect him to be much considering his back up status at his previous school. I think Zane has good heart and good between the ears, but he never really struck me as having enough talent to lead a championship contender. He could still win the job back, nothing set in stone there.

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

It seems like that everyone is surprised by a backup transfer, coaches must see something in this kid unless OLA HS has some all American at QB

33 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It seems like that everyone is surprised by a backup transfer, coaches must see something in this kid unless OLA HS has some all American at QB

The X-Man definitely has the potential.  In my opine...he's not as accurate as the Z-Man...but he could very well prove his worth by Region time.  And honestly...that's when it counts.

I've made no secret about it...I'm a Z-Man fan.  I know he can run the Packer offense.  He's a hard-nosed kid who'll give you what he's got on every play.   X-Man is stronger athletically and has some good size to go with it.  If he can get the job done...then I'll ride with him all night long.  It's about who can best move our offense forward.  We've got 4 more games before the shit gets real.  We should know before Camden comes to the Hawg Pen.

Rufus>>

Just now, Rufus69 said:

The X-Man definitely has the potential.  In my opine...he's not as accurate as the Z-Man...but he could very well prove his worth by Region time.  And honestly...that's when it counts.

I've made no secret about it...I'm a Z-Man fan.  I know he can run the Packer offense.  He's a hard-nosed kid who'll give you what he's got on every play.   X-Man is stronger athletically and has some good size to go with it.  If he can get the job done...then I'll ride with him all night long.  It's about who can best move our offense forward.  We've got 4 more games before the shit gets real.  We should know before Camden comes to the Hawg Pen.

Rufus>>

Professor X looks like he can open up the play book with read options and play actions, have the defense on their toes not knowing what’s going on

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Professor X looks like he can open up the play book with read options and play actions, have the defense on their toes not knowing what’s going on

He can...and I expect to see more of that going forward.  But make no mistake...the Z-Man has wheels of his own.  He can motor.  Unfortunately, he doesn't have the "critical mass" that X-Man does...LOL.

Rufus>>