Jake Garcia declared ineligible

Ga96

Just now, SoCalFball said:

That ESPN interview did him in lol 

I think there was probably questions about him before the interview. A lot of weird haters around the state and all. I remember when Del Rio and Borders were declared ineligible at Grayson, a ton of people were tagging the GHSA official handle on twitter about how a kid could come all the way from Cali and play but Del Rio couldn't move across town and play. That type of stuff. 

At the same time, the "we're so committed that we'd game the system in Georgia" storyline of the ESPN interview was monumentally stupid. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I think there was probably questions about him before the interview. A lot of weird haters around the state and all. I remember when Del Rio and Borders were declared ineligible at Grayson, a ton of people were tagging the GHSA official handle on twitter about how a kid could come all the way from Cali and play but Del Rio couldn't move across town and play. That type of stuff. 

At the same time, the "we're so committed that we'd game the system in Georgia" storyline of the ESPN interview was monumentally stupid. 

As soon as the parents went on national stage with the fake divorce and made Georgia look bad ga

ghsa had no other choice but to throw the book at Garcia 

• Like 1

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

As soon as the parents went on national stage with the fake divorce and made Georgia look bad ga

ghsa had no other choice but to throw the book at Garcia 

I have no idea why he was found ineligible though. We need to see the ruling. 

Could be the fraud of getting a legal separation and admitting they planned on nullifying it after the season. Could be undue influence/lure of a made for Showtime series being filmed.  We need the actual ruling. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have no idea why he was found ineligible though. We need to see the ruling. 

Could be the fraud of getting a legal separation and admitting they planned on nullifying it after the season. Could be undue influence/lure of a made for Showtime series being filmed.  We need the actual ruling. 

Rumor mill is they never filed for legal separation in California. Dont know how true it is though. 

1 minute ago, Woodchopper said:

Rumor mill is they never filed for legal separation in California. Dont know how true it is though. 

So in that case they would have likely brought falsified documents to produce to the administration at Valdosta, who then clearly wouldn't have followed up or they would have known. They also would have straight up lied in the ESPN interview. 

I'm not sure but, considering the apparent attempt at fraud to begin with, I guess either could be possible. 

Crazy story for sure. All a part of a Showtime series too. Seems like Showtime may be getting their money's worth of drama already and the season is very young still. 

Valdosta Drama for Showtime already:

Qb battle between Jake Garcia and Amari Jones

Multiple "star" transfers from Colquitt County and other area schools like Valwood.

Miracle win at home over Warner Robins

"Leg injury" sits Garcia vs. Bainbridge and Jones comes in and Valdosta rolls Bainbridge.

CRP faces his old program from the visiting side with Garcia still out with a "leg injury" and loses 24-10 then doesn't shake the opposing coach's hand after the game. 

Tajh Sanders held to no catches vs. his old school. 

Coach rubs a lot of folks the wrong way by not really accepting responsibility for the loss to arch rival Colquitt, while denigrating his players and coaching staff to the local paper. 

Ruling comes down on Garcia as ineligible and this week's game cancelled. Potential forfeit of the miracle win over Warner Robins. Appeals filed.

A lot of stuff going on for Showtime. 

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Multiple "star" transfers from Colquitt County and other area schools like Valwood.

"Leg injury" sits Garcia vs. Bainbridge and Jones comes in and Valdosta rolls Bainbridge.

CRP faces his old program from the visiting side with Garcia still out with a "leg injury" and loses 24-10 then doesn't shake the opposing coach's hand after the game. 

Coach rubs a lot of folks the wrong way by not really accepting responsibility for the loss to arch rival Colquitt, while denigrating his players and coaching staff to the local paper. 

Ruling comes down on Garcia as ineligible and this week's game cancelled. Potential forfeit of the miracle win over Warner Robins. Appeals filed.

He should have never been allowed to suit up. It's about dang time the GHSA got some balls and stopped all these transfers and part time players.  

I love to win but dealing with questionable transfers is not worth it.  I posted I thought that kid had eligibility issues last week. 

We had one 2 years ago and Hoover denied him.

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

He should have never been allowed to suit up. It's about dang time the GHSA got some balls and stopped all these transfers and part time players.  

I'm not sure who would likely take the blame for this one. The GHSA always has plausible deniability, so, at the end of the day, the Valdosta administration takes the rap for it. 

Hearing that rodemaker rodgers and fabrizio signed a letter and sent it to the GHSA.

Rush also said rodgers made his son the only 9th grader that couldn't move up with varsity and kicked him out of the weight room.

Glad to report Lowndes and Coach Dubose refused to sign the letter that the other coaches presented.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm not sure who would likely take the blame for this one. The GHSA always has plausible deniability, so, at the end of the day, the Valdosta administration takes the rap for it. 

In Alabama a transfer must be approved by the AHSAA before playing.  Is it not the same way in Georgia? If not the GHSAs years of turning a blind eye has given a false impression of anything goes.  Did not the Michigan qb at Colquitt not have some red tape issues from GHSA before playing.  If so that proves that the GHSA must rule before a kid can play.

5 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

In Alabama a transfer must be approved by the AHSAA before playing.  Is it not the same way in Georgia? If not the GHSAs years of turning a blind eye has given a false impression of anything goes.  Did not the Michigan qb at Colquitt not have some red tape issues from GHSA before playing.  If so that proves that the GHSA must rule before a kid can play.

I'm not certain on the specifics. I do think they have to make an eligibility ruling at some point though. It seems to be basically an honor system thing where the receiving school is allowed to handle all paperwork and investigations which the results are turned over to the GHSA. 

It's up to the school admin whether they play a kid before they have a ruling I guess. It's also up to the same admin to provide all the documents to garner eligibility for the athlete. 

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Multiple transfers? Where the duck are my lowends lapdogs to shout that down?!?

That local pride has their tongue and it’s also Gonna have their asses before all is said and done! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Multiple transfers? Where the duck are my lowends lapdogs to shout that down?!?

That local pride has their tongue and it’s also Gonna have their asses before all is said and done! 

Idk if they received any transfers from Lowndes, nor if Lowndes had any oddball transfers this season. 

They did receive 3 from Colquitt, 2 of which were star players.  One from Valwood which was a 3 star player. One from La Habra Cali. 

I'd say that is above and beyond what is the usual norm for the area and was sure to attract a good bit of attention.  

10 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Hearing that rodemaker rodgers and fabrizio signed a letter and sent it to the GHSA.

Rush also said rodgers made his son the only 9th grader that couldn't move up with varsity and kicked him out of the weight room.

Glad to report Lowndes and Coach Dubose refused to sign the letter that the other coaches presented.

Who’d of guessed that the good old holier than thou local yokels would’ve been the ones NOT to sign the letter?!? 

Probably because Rush is jamey’s daddy and he knew better. 

Still laughing that the community ball boiz couldn’t find anybody in cheatersville to coach them, turning to an OOS Coach. 

Can’t make this stuff up! 

So the rumors we've heard so far are:

1. Garcia's parents never filed for a divorce

2. Coaches from Colquitt and Lee County pushed the envelope to have Garcia investigated

My thing is this:

If you a player was already ruled eligible, how do you go back and reverse that decision? Was that something GHSA opened their eyes to after the ESPN interview or were they prompted to do it from "outside" sources? Hmmm. Now I do think it wasn't wise for them to mention the divorce plans in the interview, but they did manage to find the loophole for the eligibility. That has to be honored, right? GHSA got one upped and now they're trying to rectify their shortcomings? Smh. I do have a gut feeling that the decision is gonna get reversed now that the Garcia's are lawyered up.