Jake Garcia declared ineligible

Ga96

16 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

My guess is this is more of Rush trying to rally the Wildcats and make it them against the world. 

I also doubt Rush wants to start a shit slinging contest with folks in Colquitt.

Look, I'm not gonna sit up here and act like I know what's going on in moultrie/norman park, but CLEARLY this whole ordeal of Rush going to Valdosta and having players follow him is exposing people's true feelings about the guy. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think we still need to know some of the grounds for the course reversal by the GHSA. 

Was there ever an actual legal separation? If so, has it been nullified for any reason? In some states simply being together as husband and wife again nullifies a legal separation without any further action. Things like sitting together at a game and kissing. Spending the night together. Etc. 

Was the initial application for relief under the hardship waivers achieved fraudulently which created the need for a reversal? 

So many questions. 

The big question be is if he was ever ruled eligible to begin with...

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I was being facetious.

Idk why you're acting so surprised about the situation.

Surprised? Nah. I still think the Garcia's put their foot in their mouths with the ESPN interview. That wasn't the wisest moe by any means. The possible "snitching" thing from TWO schools....with the attempt to get Lowndes to join in on the party is.....mindboggling. 

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I feel bad for you if this is your mentality. "Our rival took some of our best players".... "I'm telling on you." Really? Shit happens all the time! You mad at Rush or the kids for following a guy who can get them to the next level? But IF that is true, that just goes to show how much of a threat they saw Valdosta being to them. Am I lying? 

How about folks just do shit the right way? Why not be honest? We were going to beat them either way so fear wasn't an issue. 

Rush has stayed with his fingers in the program from behind the scenes over the last year. Having pool parties and BBQs at his home with football players from the team. While there was nothing illegal about it, it was crappy. He stayed causing problems for the new coaching staff by doing things like that. 

If they had done shit the right way to begin with, none of this would be an issue today. Obviously the GHSA after further review has decided they didn't.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's silly to say the GHSA caved to pressure, when the ESPN interview clearly introduced new evidence to be considered... Right from the horses' mouths so to speak. 

It is also pretty silly to say the family complied completely if the GHSA has now decided he should be ineligible. 

If they were completely on the up and up why would the GHSA reverse course? 

At this point they are grasping at straws. I'm sure Rush knows the appeal process well. We will see how it goes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

How about folks just do shit the right way? Why not be honest? We were going to beat them either way so fear wasn't an issue. 

Rush has stayed with his fingers in the program from behind the scenes over the last year. Having pool parties and BBQs at his home with football players from the team. While there was nothing illegal about it, it was crappy. He stayed causing problems for the new coaching staff by doing things like that. 

If they had done shit the right way to begin with, none of this would be an issue today. Obviously the GHSA after further review has decided they didn't.

1. If that rumor of lee and colquitt reporting valdosta to ghsa is true, I find it hard to believe that they didn't fear valdosta in some way, form or fashion. I'd feel the same way if the shoe was on the other foot. 

2. While we can guess what it may be, we still need to know WHY he was ruled ineligible. We gotta know which part they failed to do in the right way. 

1. If that rumor of lee and colquitt reporting valdosta to ghsa is true, I find it hard to believe that they didn't fear valdosta in some way, form or fashion. I'd feel the same way if the shoe was on the other foot. 

2. While we can guess what it may be, we still need to know WHY he was ruled ineligible. We gotta know which part they failed to do in the right way. 

Fear?😂 some may despise.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Why can't folks just hate some dishonest and slick bullshit and report it? There doesn't have to be fear to hate some slick bullshit. Even if Colquitt and Lee did send a letter, they were hardly the only people complaining. Go look at the twitter threads about Del Rio and Borders eligibility rulings. Go look at how many times the GHSA official handle was tagged in those threads pertaining to the Garcia move. 

I would like to know why he was ruled ineligible as well. The fact is, they know why he was ruled ineligible and we don't really matter. 

They've filed an appeal. They potentially can appeal outside of the GHSA once, but, it isn't often the GHSA gets overturned. Their rulings are usually pretty ironclad with the information they have at the time. 

• Thanks 1

Read an article today today that mentioned how the GHSA wants a competitive balance in sports, but the fact that you have a 5 time champ in ELCA, a super dominant program in Buford , winningest high school football team in the country in Valdosta, and a 3 time champ in Blessed Trinity kinda goes against that statement. In this Valdosta situation, is this an attempt to put things at a level playing field by ruling one of (if not) their best player ineligible or is this one of those isolated situations?

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Why can't folks just hate some dishonest and slick bullshit and report it? There doesn't have to be fear to hate some slick bullshit. Even if Colquitt and Lee did send a letter, they were hardly the only people complaining. Go look at the twitter threads about Del Rio and Borders eligibility rulings. Go look at how many times the GHSA official handle was tagged in those threads pertaining to the Garcia move. 

I would like to know why he was ruled ineligible as well. The fact is, they know why he was ruled ineligible and we don't really matter. 

They've filed an appeal. They potentially can appeal outside of the GHSA once, but, it isn't often the GHSA gets overturned. Their rulings are usually pretty ironclad with the information they have at the time. 

Like I said earlier, I think they've bought some more time to handle this appeal with their game being canceled this Friday. So for the time being, this situation is bittersweet for them......probably 75% bitter and 25% sweet.....lol. 

Read an article today today that mentioned how the GHSA wants a competitive balance in sports, but the fact that you have a 5 time champ in ELCA, a super dominant program in Buford , winningest high school football team in the country in Valdosta, and a 3 time champ in Blessed Trinity kinda goes against that statement. In this Valdosta situation, is this an attempt to put things at a level playing field by ruling one of (if not) their best player ineligible or is this one of those isolated situations?

The member schools are constantly reviewing and trying to adjust the rules to maintain a competitive equity in the state. Most recently by adjusting the ood player rule which moved some schools up to another classification in order to try to maintain that equity. 

They can only do so much. They have to try to still find a balance and a way that doesn't hurt legitimate moves and transfers. People do actually get jobs in new areas and towns. It's the folks moving across the street to simply play football at a different school that are creating the biggest issues. Its difficult to cut that out without hurting families that actually moved for non athletic reasons. 

I hope we can eventually adopt some similar rules as Texas where the coach from the previous school is allowed a questionnaire to fill out to help in the eligibility rulings. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think we still need to know some of the grounds for the course reversal by the GHSA. 

Was there ever an actual legal separation? If so, has it been nullified for any reason? In some states simply being together as husband and wife again nullifies a legal separation without any further action. Things like sitting together at a game and kissing. Spending the night together. Etc. 

Was the initial application for relief under the hardship waivers achieved fraudulently which created the need for a reversal? 

So many questions. 

I believe his parents only put on a show about being separated/divorced. The real issue is the GHSA being taken hook line and sinker by these people. Could you imagine being on the phone at the GHSA and being told this story.  Hey this is Mr Garcia (or the Valdosta AD calling) my boy from California wants to play football in Georgia the wife and me are separated and me and my boy live in Valdosta now is everything good?  Who approves this?  

Like I said earlier, I think they've bought some more time to handle this appeal with their game being canceled this Friday. So for the time being, this situation is bittersweet for them......probably 75% bitter and 25% sweet.....lol. 

If they ruled ineligible due to the weird legal separation and then the folks saying it was bullshit and done specifically for football and they intend to nullify it, then, I hope the mom would move and get the kid his immediate eligibility. 

We're all kind of just spitballing because that ESPN interview seems to be what triggered this new ruling. 

We could all be totally off base. 

One thing's for sure, Showtime has a lot of stuff. Valdosta schools could come out looking pretty inept if this thing comes out a bad way. I hope it's just the parents and not something from the school. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I believe his parents only put on a show about being separated/divorced. The real issue is the GHSA being taken hook line and sinker by these people. Could you imagine being on the phone at the GHSA and being told this story.  Hey this is Mr Garcia (or the Valdosta AD calling) my boy from California wants to play football in Georgia the wife and me are separated and me and my boy live in Valdosta now is everything good?  Who approves this?  

Initially the administration of the school. They receive the student in their school with his transcripts from previous school and all the normal records like health and immunizations. When the student then wants to play sports, further information is needed. Things like we've discussed a lot. Entire family unit move? If not then hardship waivers are needed and they have to produce more stuff like a legal separation. 

I assume the proper paperwork is checked by the receiving administration and then the eligibility forms filled out and sent to the GHSA. Idk if copies of the legal separation would be sent to the GHSA or not. I would assume they do expect the paperwork, but, its possible they leave it to the administration to check it and follow up. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If they ruled ineligible due to the weird legal separation and then the folks saying it was bullshit and done specifically for football and they intend to nullify it, then, I hope the mom would move and get the kid his immediate eligibility. 

We're all kind of just spitballing because that ESPN interview seems to be what triggered this new ruling. 

One thing's for sure, Showtime has a lot of stuff. Valdosta schools could come out looking pretty inept if this thing comes out a bad way. I hope it's just the parents and not something from the school. 

If you go to Dothan this is the best place to eat for steaks. We ate there several several years ago during baseball tournament.

http://conestogasteak.com

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Beat them by 50 and we will claim a win from August.  I wonder if they will limit visiting fans bands etc. Central told our band no. 

I don't think we have bands traveling in Georgia, so, I would assume it the same as far as our band traveling to there. 

I haven't heard of any fan limits, but, I also haven't nabbed my tickets yet. Plan on getting them tomorrow from gofan to be sure. Kind of didn't want to get them until the last minute in case something changed between now and then. Tomorrow is the last day they can be purchased online though, so, I'm committing then. 

30 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is definitely must see tv. And this show is coming out in January? I'm damn sure gonna watch it. I just hope they're able to get number 25 when it's all said and done. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

This is definitely must see tv. And this show is coming out in January? I'm damn sure gonna watch it. I just hope they're able to get number 25 when it's all said and done. 

It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of these kids moving around for athletic advantage or because they aren't getting playing time or whatever. I think it takes away from the sport and helps to create situations where participation will decline more and more. 

With covid this year, idk. I'm not a hater of kids trying to get prepared for college in their senior year, nor those looking for early enrollment, but, just follow the rules and don't try to get slick. We're talking a few months here and sacrificing a kid that has been in the system by basically doing dirt. It's not right to move that kid to 3rd by gaming the system. That is totally the stuff that the GHSA should be trying to stop, and it really shouldn't take an ESPN interview, a letter from other schools or a dozen tags in a twitter thread to get them to check in on it. Just take a leave of absence and move the family unit per the rules. Applying for a waiver under what they basically admitted was fraudulent circumstances is raw dog. Or as we say in south Georgia... that shits dirt road. 

I hope the kid gets to play somewhere, but, I hope its per the rules also. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Color me flabbergasted that old rush was trying to undermine cc football!

FLABBERGASTED

(wink)

• Haha 2