Best middle school football program in Cobb county GA?

GotMA

We’re relocating next year to Cobb county GA and our son is a rising 8th grade football player whose been in QB private training the last 2 years.  Any recommendations for the best public middle school program in Cobb county for him to compete and grow in?   We understand there is Hillgrove, Marietta and McEachern with varying levels of success. Looking for a solid HS football program as well as middle school without a lot of politics with coaching etc.

• Like 1

Just now, GotMA said:

We’re relocating next year to Cobb county GA and our son is a rising 8th grade football player whose been in QB private training the last 2 years.  Any recommendations for the best public middle school program in Cobb county for him to compete and grow in?   We understand there is Hillgrove, Marietta and McEachern with varying levels of success. Looking for a solid HS football program as well as middle school without a lot of politics with coaching etc.

Did you say QB?

@ngdawg it’s a sign 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GotMA said:

North Gwinnett. Please come up to Gwinnett. Great schooling and a great football program that won a state championship in 2017. Great coaches as well!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GotMA said:

Best atmosphere to get a QB ready for college is in south Ga. North gwinnett. Hillgrove has a former Lowndes DC as their head coach I believe that's a great team to be at. As far as middle school competition gwinnett and south Ga are the best route. He could also just do travel football in that area the best 2 programs are the Welcome all panthers and the Rare breeds. You can find plenty of their games on youtube.

13 minutes ago, GotMA said:

I honestly would do your research, you wanna send ur kid to a really athletic school to get college scholarships but as same time you don’t want to send your kid to the jungle where the kids run the school and coaches, you want him to go where there’s control by faculty unlike some schools  where they let the kids do what the fuck they want

8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

From an academic standpoint, you wanna go to Marietta. For athletics? Uhhhh.... probably Marietta as well. McEachern is a basketball school in terms of athletics. Not too sure about their academics. And Hillgrove? Maybe.... 

McEachern could get better over the years at football. And are they still good at basketball without Sharife? I'd say the best schools in the state for academics and football combined are North Gwinnett, Milton, Mill Creek, South Forsyth, and a couple others.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

McEachern could get better over the years at football. And are they still good at basketball without Sharife? I'd say the best schools in the state for academics and football combined are North Gwinnett, Milton, Mill Creek, South Forsyth, and a couple others.

That damn Sharife Cooper! Lol. He really missed having Dylan Cardwell this past season. Yeah I see McEachern falling off now that he's gone. I think Milton might take it this year considering who they have coming back. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

marietta has years of curb stompings in their future. Academics is up to the child Valdosta was and F school academics wise and still had ivy league students

Look...it's simple...move to Powder Springs and play football for Marietta.

They pay the best...according to some.....

I realize this might not be an option...but you COULD always move to Valdosta and commute and play for Colquitt.  Our Middle School teams ain't chopped liver....(Smile).

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

I realize this might not be an option...but you COULD always move to Valdosta and commute and play for Colquitt.  Our Middle School teams ain't chopped liver....(Smile).

Rufus>>

Ty!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

@FootballGuy loved watching him play reminds me of collin sexton but with a better shot but not as good as sexton defensively. Was the national player of the year as a junior. Ready to see what he does at auburn. Wanted him to go to KU.

Collin was a dawg! Sharife was much more laid back.....kinda like a damian lillard. 

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

We almost beat Sharife. However, a couple mistakes in overtime made us lose. So close...yet so far. Magical cinderella run for us.

Y'all's student section was mad hype....lol. I really wish McEachern woulda went to Geico Nationals the year they went 32-0 tho. Beat some really good OOS teams that year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Facts, word up north is Marietta offers the Best Dental South of the Mason Dixon 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I just reached out to few friends in that area that coach youth football. The three programs that were consistently noted were Walton, McEachern and Hillgrove. Hope this helps. 

Realistically  all 3 listed are solid programs. But if you wanna throw in academics Walton is Probably  the best of those 3 with Hillgrove 2nd... 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Realistically  all 3 listed are solid programs. But if you wanna throw in academics Walton is Probably  the best of those 3 with Hillgrove 2nd... 

Forgot Walton. One of the best schools in the state. And with their QB situation, it would work very well.

• Thanks 1