Jump to content

Best middle school football program in Cobb county GA?


Recommended Posts

We’re relocating next year to Cobb county GA and our son is a rising 8th grade football player whose been in QB private training the last 2 years.  Any recommendations for the best public middle school program in Cobb county for him to compete and grow in?   We understand there is Hillgrove, Marietta and McEachern with varying levels of success. Looking for a solid HS football program as well as middle school without a lot of politics with coaching etc.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GotMA said:

We’re relocating next year to Cobb county GA and our son is a rising 8th grade football player whose been in QB private training the last 2 years.  Any recommendations for the best public middle school program in Cobb county for him to compete and grow in?   We understand there is Hillgrove, Marietta and McEachern with varying levels of success. Looking for a solid HS football program as well as middle school without a lot of politics with coaching etc.

Did you say QB?

 

 

@ngdawg it’s a sign 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GotMA said:

We’re relocating next year to Cobb county GA and our son is a rising 8th grade football player whose been in QB private training the last 2 years.  Any recommendations for the best public middle school program in Cobb county for him to compete and grow in?   We understand there is Hillgrove, Marietta and McEachern with varying levels of success. Looking for a solid HS football program as well as middle school without a lot of politics with coaching etc.

North Gwinnett. Please come up to Gwinnett. Great schooling and a great football program that won a state championship in 2017. Great coaches as well!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From an academic standpoint, you wanna go to Marietta. For athletics? Uhhhh.... probably Marietta as well. McEachern is a basketball school in terms of athletics. Not too sure about their academics. And Hillgrove? Maybe.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GotMA said:

We’re relocating next year to Cobb county GA and our son is a rising 8th grade football player whose been in QB private training the last 2 years.  Any recommendations for the best public middle school program in Cobb county for him to compete and grow in?   We understand there is Hillgrove, Marietta and McEachern with varying levels of success. Looking for a solid HS football program as well as middle school without a lot of politics with coaching etc.

Best atmosphere to get a QB ready for college is in south Ga. North gwinnett. Hillgrove has a former Lowndes DC as their head coach I believe that's a great team to be at. As far as middle school competition gwinnett and south Ga are the best route. He could also just do travel football in that area the best 2 programs are the Welcome all panthers and the Rare breeds. You can find plenty of their games on youtube.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GotMA said:

We’re relocating next year to Cobb county GA and our son is a rising 8th grade football player whose been in QB private training the last 2 years.  Any recommendations for the best public middle school program in Cobb county for him to compete and grow in?   We understand there is Hillgrove, Marietta and McEachern with varying levels of success. Looking for a solid HS football program as well as middle school without a lot of politics with coaching etc.

I honestly would do your research, you wanna send ur kid to a really athletic school to get college scholarships but as same time you don’t want to send your kid to the jungle where the kids run the school and coaches, you want him to go where there’s control by faculty unlike some schools  where they let the kids do what the fuck they want

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

From an academic standpoint, you wanna go to Marietta. For athletics? Uhhhh.... probably Marietta as well. McEachern is a basketball school in terms of athletics. Not too sure about their academics. And Hillgrove? Maybe.... 

McEachern could get better over the years at football. And are they still good at basketball without Sharife? I'd say the best schools in the state for academics and football combined are North Gwinnett, Milton, Mill Creek, South Forsyth, and a couple others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

McEachern could get better over the years at football. And are they still good at basketball without Sharife? I'd say the best schools in the state for academics and football combined are North Gwinnett, Milton, Mill Creek, South Forsyth, and a couple others.

That damn Sharife Cooper! Lol. He really missed having Dylan Cardwell this past season. Yeah I see McEachern falling off now that he's gone. I think Milton might take it this year considering who they have coming back. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

McEachern could get better over the years at football. And are they still good at basketball without Sharife? I'd say the best schools in the state for academics and football combined are North Gwinnett, Milton, Mill Creek, South Forsyth, and a couple others.

marietta has years of curb stompings in their future. Academics is up to the child Valdosta was and F school academics wise and still had ivy league students

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Hey does Cobb get the Uhaul Gwinnett special? 

Ngdawg you got room for another qb.

larry on the recruiting track already he handles all the paper work and living assistance in cobb county 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GotMA said:

We’re relocating next year to Cobb county GA and our son is a rising 8th grade football player whose been in QB private training the last 2 years.  Any recommendations for the best public middle school program in Cobb county for him to compete and grow in?   We understand there is Hillgrove, Marietta and McEachern with varying levels of success. Looking for a solid HS football program as well as middle school without a lot of politics with coaching etc.

I just reached out to few friends in that area that coach youth football. The three programs that were consistently noted were Walton, McEachern and Hillgrove. Hope this helps. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Look...it's simple...move to Powder Springs and play football for Marietta.

They pay the best...according to some.....

 

I realize this might not be an option...but you COULD always move to Valdosta and commute and play for Colquitt.  Our Middle School teams ain't chopped liver....(Smile).

 

 

Rufus>>

Link to post
Share on other sites

@FootballGuy loved watching him play reminds me of collin sexton but with a better shot but not as good as sexton defensively. Was the national player of the year as a junior. Ready to see what he does at auburn. Wanted him to go to KU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Look...it's simple...move to Powder Springs and play football for Marietta.

They pay the best...according to some.....

 

I realize this might not be an option...but you COULD always move to Valdosta and commute and play for Colquitt.  Our Middle School teams ain't chopped liver....(Smile).

 

 

Rufus>>

Ty!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

@FootballGuy loved watching him play reminds me of collin sexton but with a better shot but not as good as sexton defensively. Was the national player of the year as a junior. Ready to see what he does at auburn. Wanted him to go to KU.

Collin was a dawg! Sharife was much more laid back.....kinda like a damian lillard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Collin was a dawg! Sharife was much more laid back.....kinda like a damian lillard. 

We almost beat Sharife. However, a couple mistakes in overtime made us lose. So close...yet so far. Magical cinderella run for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

We almost beat Sharife. However, a couple mistakes in overtime made us lose. So close...yet so far. Magical cinderella run for us.

Y'all's student section was mad hype....lol. I really wish McEachern woulda went to Geico Nationals the year they went 32-0 tho. Beat some really good OOS teams that year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Look...it's simple...move to Powder Springs and play football for Marietta.

They pay the best...according to some.....

 

I realize this might not be an option...but you COULD always move to Valdosta and commute and play for Colquitt.  Our Middle School teams ain't chopped liver....(Smile).

 

 

Rufus>>

Facts, word up north is Marietta offers the Best Dental South of the Mason Dixon 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I just reached out to few friends in that area that coach youth football. The three programs that were consistently noted were Walton, McEachern and Hillgrove. Hope this helps. 

Realistically  all 3 listed are solid programs. But if you wanna throw in academics Walton is Probably  the best of those 3 with Hillgrove 2nd... 

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Realistically  all 3 listed are solid programs. But if you wanna throw in academics Walton is Probably  the best of those 3 with Hillgrove 2nd... 

Forgot Walton. One of the best schools in the state. And with their QB situation, it would work very well.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...