Valdosta trying to charge Lowndes band

Ga96

32 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Then I'm guessing the Lowndes band will only be only 100 strong in the Baze...LOL.

Colquitt is getting some ideas.....

Rufus>>

That's a good way to piss off the football team and the fans. The band is like the younger sibling of lowndes family.

Valdosta just trying to make them some money unfortunately they have been losing money for years now. I only know this because the ad told me. Many games that had to go into their budget just to pay the ghsa because they didn't sell enough tickets including home playoff games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

@HooverOutlaw For all the jokes you make about band,  hear this: a football player texted me and thanked me and the band for being loud at games. They said they would have lost a lot more if we had not been there.

You're welcome. 

Idk about other places but Lowndes band definitely impacts games. Valdostas use to but they have declined in numbers.

• Like 2

Just now, ngdawg said:

"You get the back corner of the endzone. Yep, that's it! Enjoy!"

One year at Vestavia they refused to let the Hoover team buses unload at the school the team had to carry all the gear 1/2  of a mile down the road to the field.  The equipment trucks barely made it in time before they locked the entrances down.  

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

If I was the band booster club I would pay with check for everyone and stop payment on it Monday morning.

Lowndes isn't vengeful like that we know they need the money but they will talk them down off of what they proposed they kind of already have. ESPN will have a lot to talk about Friday 

12 hours ago, Ga96 said:

To play at the classic. Our band directors response. The band will not pay a dime.

You think this is surprising.  Look who's is running the school system.  Same ones that fired a good coach.  They weren't even going to let bands play.  Stupidest thing I have ever seen.  The band makes the football game.  Especially Lowndes band.  The atmosphere at this game is like none other. Glad the got it changed.  Lowndes by 28.

• Thanks 1

Heres a better suggestion. Leave the bands at home for the rest of the season.Some could use the extra practice.And benifit from a red shirt year.# Extend halftime to 30 minutes, and enjoy a one quarter jv scrimmage. Hells bells sailors, there aren't enough people in the stands for most games for the band to get them pumped up and fired up. 

11 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Heres a better suggestion. Leave the bands at home for the rest of the season.Some could use the extra practice.And benifit from a red shirt year.# Extend halftime to 30 minutes, and enjoy a one quarter jv scrimmage. Hells bells sailors, there aren't enough people in the stands for most games for the band to get them pumped up and fired up. 

Watch this game on ESPN Friday and you will see packed stands.  I am sure there will be a few empty seats with Covid and all but not many.

8 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

It's a little confusing.

Colquitt hasn't taken their band on any away games.  Nor have any visiting teams brought their bands to Mack Tharpe.  Seems to me...it would work the same at this game.

Rufus>>

Gwinnett said no traveling bands. Only home bands can perform at home games.

A lot of people misunderstand marching band. As a 4 year member and section leader, I can confidently say that we don't give a damn what the crowd or others think of us. We perform because we want to showcase what we've worked on. To hell with a crowd reaction. There is so much good behind the scenes that makes football games obsolete. I joined band for football. Now, it's hardly my second or third favorite thing about band. It's a win-win for us always. We love playing music on Friday nights. And if people enjoy it, great! If they don't, we could care less!

@JCGIII I tell ya what, there's nothing like having the band blast music when the other team is backed up on their own goal line. We play behind the endzone and the number of false start penalties and delay of games our team forces is amazing. I actually got scolded by a player my freshman year because we missed a playoff game to perform in the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Chicago. That game was against Arik Gilbert, Harrison Bailey, and Marietta.

• Like 1