Valdosta trying to charge Lowndes band

Ga96

26 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I see Mr. Del-Rio is eligible for Cartersville now. I find it funny that these high profile guys who are transferring to brand name schools are being ruled ineligible....and THEN transferring to "generic" brand schools and being ruled eligible. Now I don't know about y'all, but it seems as if GHSA is really pushing that "balance of power" narrative by doing this. Valdosta, Grayson and Carrollton h=are the schools who've fallen victim to this. 

I'm not sure you understand the issues with the del Rios.  At the time they moved to Grayson, there was a technical violation in that one member stayed behind in order to graduate and head to college.  The thought was that by the time football started, the issue would be resolved as that family member would have moved out to attend college (which he did).  GHSA looked at the date of the move and not the date of the start of football even though when football started all members of the family still at "home" were under the same roof.  Using that logic, the move to Cartersville would be legal as all current members of the family moved at the same time.

Personally, since there have been other occurrences of athletes becoming eligible once all current members of the family were under the same roof, I would have expected Carlos to be eligible.  But I'm not a part of GHSA so what do I know?

• Thanks 1

It's simple stuff. The entire family unit has to move absent some circumstance that allows for a hardship waiver. 

Garcia and his entire family unit can move to Tifton and be eligible to play right away. Whether or not that makes much sense at this point is questionable, but, he could become eligible with a legit move. Otherwise, he's the best JV QB in Georgia probably. 

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's simple stuff. The entire family unit has to move absent some circumstance that allows for a hardship waiver. 

Garcia and his entire family unit can move to Tifton and be eligible to play right away. Whether or not that makes much sense at this point is questionable, but, he could become eligible with a legit move. Otherwise, he's the best JV QB in Georgia probably. 

5 star scout QB.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

But kids have become eligible once all members were under the same roof when they weren't initially.  It's a non issue at this point anyway.

44 minutes ago, Fred said:

But kids have become eligible once all members were under the same roof when they weren't initially.  It's a non issue at this point anyway.

Yeah, I'd like to understand the details here to help make sure the GHSA is applying the rules evenly. 

Hopefully the media stays with the story and doesn't let it slide under the rug. 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Them possibly filing a hardship appeal might be Jake's saving grace. 

Seems like they needed to file a hardship to begin with, considering they really didn't plan to go with the bona fide move that Valdosta turned in to the GHSA on their behalf. 

Idk. I'm guessing they're toast and these are just last ditch efforts. 

They just needed to be honest to begin with.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Seems like they needed to file a hardship to begin with, considering they really didn't plan to go with the bona fide move that Valdosta turned in to the GHSA on their behalf. 

Idk. I'm guessing they're toast and these are just last ditch efforts. 

They just needed to be honest to begin with.

Right. They're gonna have to come with it if they want to get him eligible. Now that the mom is in the house, you kinda wonder will they "re-reconsider" their ruling. 

20 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Right. They're gonna have to come with it if they want to get him eligible. Now that the mom is in the house, you kinda wonder will they "re-reconsider" their ruling. 

Idk. Id think since they tried to perpetrate a fraud, that, they would have to start over completely. Much like with Borders and Del Rio. 

They apparently tried to fraudulently gain eligibility at Valdosta and ended up ruled ineligible there, and have had one appeal refused to be heard. 

I think their problem now is the season is almost half gone and they're pissing in the wind trying get the GHSA to reconsider their eligibility after they tried to defraud the system. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk. Id think since they tried to perpetrate a fraud, that, they would have to start over completely. Much like with Borders and Del Rio. 

They apparently tried to fraudulently gain eligibility at Valdosta and ended up ruled ineligible there, and have had one appeal refused to be heard. 

I think their problem now is the season is almost half gone and they're pissing in the wind trying get the GHSA to reconsider their eligibility after they tried to defraud the system. 

Yeah. I hear he's (Jake) being a good sport about it even tho things haven't gone his way. I think the parents......well, I know his parents aren't done with this situation. 

Yeah. I hear he's (Jake) being a good sport about it even tho things haven't gone his way. I think the parents......well, I know his parents aren't done with this situation. 

Yeah, they're probably done. They're just pissing in the wind now. They can pay lawyers and blow a fortune, but their initial fraudulent stuff won't go away. 

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, they're probably done. They're just pissing in the wind now. They can pay lawyers and blow a fortune, but their initial fraudulent stuff won't go away. 

Smh. That damn ESPN interview. Oh well... hate it for Jake, but we gotta move forward. Dosta will be okay. They're pretty set at QB going forward.

Smh. That damn ESPN interview. Oh well... hate it for Jake, but we gotta move forward. Dosta will be okay. They're pretty set at QB going forward.

Really? Was it the ESPN interview or the damned lies?

5 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

Should have time for the whole family to do an interview tomorrow night while ESPN is down in Valdosta.🤔

😄

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah, someone's lies is what started it. The ESPN interview just got the shit exposed. 

It ain't alright to lie whether you get caught or not. 

If it was the lies, then why was it just reported last week about inaccuracies on the paperwork? They got a letter from GHSA 2 days after the espn interview.......which was back on September 18th. Never received anything from ghsa until after that interview.......unless you think they (GHSA) finally caught on to something the same day they received the 1st letter... 

19 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If it was the lies, then why was it just reported last week about inaccuracies on the paperwork? They got a letter from GHSA 2 days after the espn interview.......which was back on September 18th. Never received anything from ghsa until after that interview.......unless you think they (GHSA) finally caught on to something the same day they received the 1st letter... 

Apparently people lied. Either the Garcias or Valdosta admin. They just got caught because of the interview. 

My stance here is that lying isn't ok. Apparently they lied. Apparently they shit on the qb that was already in the system. Apparently they caused Valdosta to have to forfeit a game. 

Idc how or when the GHSA caught on because it doesn't matter as long as they got it right eventually. It appears that the interview is what sparked the deeper look into the details of the transfer. The lies are the issue though. Not the interview that got them caught. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah, someone's lies is what started it. The ESPN interview just got the shit exposed. 

It ain't alright to lie whether you get caught or not. 

Somebody tell that to the yokels on the vent defending certain coaches. 

“But I’ve seen firsthand how many kids he helped.......”

May be true. I’ve seen how many more downtrodden people Pablo Escobar helped too. Hundreds of thousands. 

Guess he’s good too?!? 

🤦‍♂️ 

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Apparently people lied. Either the Garcias or Valdosta admin. They just got caught because of the interview. 

My stance here is that lying isn't ok. Apparently they lied. Apparently they shit on the qb that was already in the system. Apparently they caused Valdosta to have to forfeit a game. 

Idc how or when the GHSA caught on because it doesn't matter as long as they got it right eventually. It appears that the interview is what sparked the deeper look into the details of the transfer. The lies are the issue though. Not the interview that got them caught. 

Makes you wonder what was the lie. Maybe they're tryna save face, but according to the ole ball coach, he says they're sticking to their word and that they didn't do anything wrong. Never willingly lied according to them and rush. But as far as Jake, he really wouldn't played that much anyway due to his injury (I know this for a fact). That hamstring injury was worse than expected. He would've (if ruled eligible) woulda made it back at the end of the regular season. 

On 10/5/2020 at 7:56 AM, Wildcat3 said:

You think this is surprising.  Look who's is running the school system.  Same ones that fired a good coach.  They weren't even going to let bands play.  Stupidest thing I have ever seen.  The band makes the football game.  Especially Lowndes band.  The atmosphere at this game is like none other. Glad the got it changed.  Lowndes by 28.

I thought the players actually playing the game did that...

I must be confusing that with some band concert that nobody but parents attend.