Covid 19 Mortality

concha

A list of all the refutations of concha contained in his very own article:

Ruby Tuesday is closing 185 locations for good and filing for bankruptcy protection, the latest casual restaurant chain to suffer from coronavirus-related closures and changing consumer habits.

Ruby Tuesday is known for its salad bar, which could be a difficult sell in a post-pandemic world. But it's also dealing with longer term changes in the market that have hurt other casual chains. 

Even before the virus hit, sit-down restaurants were struggling as more consumers opted for delivery and carryout. Restaurants, still clawing their way back from the recession a decade ago, had little cash to update their aging stores.

NPD Group, a data and consulting firm, said U.S. visits to full-service restaurants plunged 47 percent in the April-June period, at the height of the mandated dining-room closures. Visits have ticked upward since then, but were still down 25 percent in August. 

Restaurants are COVID hotspots, according to a recent study by the Center for Disease Control. Compared to uninfected people, those who had newly tested positive for COVID-19 and couldn't identify exposure to a specific infected person were three times as likely to have visited a restaurant in the prior two weeks. 

🤡

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

You dishonestly blamed the lock-down and posted an article that refuted your claim.

You posting CDC paste jobs has nothing to do with the reality of why Ruby Tuesday's is filing for bankruptcy.

"Mediocre white guy who doesn't know what he's talking about" is a perfect description of you.

Complete Andy bullshit.  😂

So now lockdowns and capacity restrictions - which still exist for a large part of our population - have nothing to do with businesses failing. 

Note how Andy tries to dismiss CDC data that he can't deal with.  Laughable. 🤣

Something on the order of 85% - 90% of the population of this country is at low risk from Covid.

We've known this for months.

IFR per the latest CDC numbers:

Age 0-19:  0.003% (3 in 100,000)

Age 20-49:  0.02% (2 in 10,000)

Age 50-69:  0.5%  (5 in 1,000)

Age 70+:  5.4%  (~5 in 100)

The average age of a person dying from Covid is well into their 70s.

Nearly 80% of deaths in this country are people of retirement age (over 65). https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

7 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Rudy Tuesday's survived the lock-down.

They didn't survive the 25% reduction in business due to COVID-19.

(and a niche industry that was already dying)

What do you think the lockdown did to their financial situation?

And continued restrictions that are ongoing?

🤡

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

Whatever it was they survived it.

They couldn't survive 25% of their customers staying home.

Survived it in what condition, dumbass?  🤡

What a laughably dishonest fool.

This is Andy logic: "Yeah, that Ethiopian guy survived the famine.  So what if he weighed 80 pounds at the end of it and his immune system was basically crippled as a result. When he died from that normally survivable bug afterward, you can't blame the famine". 

What a tool.

LMAO

Here is what I want to know. It is undisputed that about 7K to 7.5K people die every day in the USA. We average over 200K deaths every month from all combined causes. I want to know what the monthly death toll in this country has been since March 2020. The CDC for whatever reason has not posted these numbers. You can get January February and March 2020. You cannot find anything after that. I wonder why that is? Now, we are going to have less deaths because we've had less people out on the roads, so I presume we'll have less traffic deaths. But I want to see what the death numbers are and if we can somehow reconcile that there actually was an extra 200,000. I have a feeling that many, many of those people would have died anyway statistically. So until this is answered, this is all a big uncertainty. I know that the disease is very serious for older people and people with serious underlying medical conditions. But I don't believe it's anything to worry about if you're healthy and under 60.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 181pl said:

Here is what I want to know. It is undisputed that about 7K to 7.5K people die every day in the USA. We average over 200K deaths every month from all combined causes. I want to know what the monthly death toll in this country has been since March 2020. The CDC for whatever reason has not posted these numbers. You can get January February and March 2020. You cannot find anything after that. I wonder why that is? Now, we are going to have less deaths because we've had less people out on the roads, so I presume we'll have less traffic deaths. But I want to see what the death numbers are and if we can somehow reconcile that there actually was an extra 200,000. I have a feeling that many, many of those people would have died anyway statistically. So until this is answered, this is all a big uncertainty. I know that the disease is very serious for older people and people with serious underlying medical conditions. But I don't believe it's anything to worry about if you're healthy and under 60.

I pulled the parts that seemed most pertinent to your question, feel free to read through it all the way if you'd like, it's a bit densely worded at times.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980 

There were approximately 781 000 total deaths in the United States from March 1 to May 30, 2020, representing 122,300 more deaths than would typically be expected at that time of year.

There were 95, 235 reported deaths officially attributed to COVID-19 from March 1 to May 30

In several states, these deaths occurred before increases in the availability of COVID-19 diagnostic tests and were not counted in official COVID-19 death records.

The deaths officially attributed to COVID-19 accounted for 78% of the excess all-cause deaths, leaving 22% unattributed to COVID-19. 

Some of the discrepancy between reported COVID-19 deaths and excess deaths could be related to the intensity and timing of increases in testing. In some states (eg, Texas, California), excess all-cause mortality preceded the widespread adoption of testing for SARS-CoV-2 by several weeks.

The gap between reported COVID-19 deaths and excess deaths can be influenced by several factors, including the intensity of testing; guidelines on the recording of deaths that are suspected to be related to COVID-19 but do not have a laboratory confirmation; and the location of death

In New York City, official COVID-19 death counts were revised after careful inspection of death certificates, adding an extra 5048 probable deaths to the 13, 831 laboratory-confirmed deaths

The number of excess deaths reported herein could reflect increases in rates of death directly caused by the virus, increases indirectly related to the pandemic response (eg, due to avoidance of health care), as well as declines in certain causes (eg, deaths due to motor vehicle collisions or triggered by air pollution).

Two things.

@181pl is an idiot.

And every reasonable person who knows the least bit about this understands that the excess death counts will almost certainly be higher than the official death count.

So any time these idiots try to twist themselves into a pretzel to downplay the death count just realize that they don't have the slightest clue what they're talking about.

1 hour ago, DownSouth said:

I pulled the parts that seemed most pertinent to your question, feel free to read through it all the way if you'd like, it's a bit densely worded at times.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980 

There were approximately 781 000 total deaths in the United States from March 1 to May 30, 2020, representing 122,300 more deaths than would typically be expected at that time of year.

There were 95, 235 reported deaths officially attributed to COVID-19 from March 1 to May 30

In several states, these deaths occurred before increases in the availability of COVID-19 diagnostic tests and were not counted in official COVID-19 death records.

The deaths officially attributed to COVID-19 accounted for 78% of the excess all-cause deaths, leaving 22% unattributed to COVID-19. 

Some of the discrepancy between reported COVID-19 deaths and excess deaths could be related to the intensity and timing of increases in testing. In some states (eg, Texas, California), excess all-cause mortality preceded the widespread adoption of testing for SARS-CoV-2 by several weeks.

The gap between reported COVID-19 deaths and excess deaths can be influenced by several factors, including the intensity of testing; guidelines on the recording of deaths that are suspected to be related to COVID-19 but do not have a laboratory confirmation; and the location of death

In New York City, official COVID-19 death counts were revised after careful inspection of death certificates, adding an extra 5048 probable deaths to the 13, 831 laboratory-confirmed deaths

The number of excess deaths reported herein could reflect increases in rates of death directly caused by the virus, increases indirectly related to the pandemic response (eg, due to avoidance of health care), as well as declines in certain causes (eg, deaths due to motor vehicle collisions or triggered by air pollution).

Good info. I will review when I have time this weekend and comment if warranted.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Two things.

@181pl is an idiot.

And every reasonable person who knows the least bit about this understands that the excess death counts will almost certainly be higher than the official death count.

So any time these idiots try to twist themselves into a pretzel to downplay the death count just realize that they don't have the slightest clue what they're talking about.

I would not expect for a small-minded liberal like yourself to actually want to see proof of excess deaths from the CDC, who is responsible for tracking this stuff. It would call into question your status as a mindless lemming liberal hack who abides as told to. 

I will review what DS posted this weekend. I still think it will bear the finding that COVID is not deadly to healthy people....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I would not expect for a small-minded liberal like yourself to actually want to see proof of excess deaths from the CDC, who is responsible for tracking this stuff. It would call into question your status as a mindless lemming liberal hack who abides as told to.

Again, anybody who knows a little bit about this stuff (and I do know a little) understands that this data has aleady been sampled around the world and is available for previous pandemics.

You're just too stupid and incurious to have read about any of this stuff on your own.

So what do you do?

You go to a high school football OT message board and vomit all over the screen with silly rhetorical questions and have-assed conspiracies.

19 hours ago, 181pl said:

The CDC didn't stop posting excess mortality data in March. Not sure where you got that idea. To see for yourself  look in the CDC website here.  From that page you can download the data and format it however you like.  Or, you can just let the NYT do it for you and see how they sliced the data here.  

Here is one of the charts.  As of a month ago, the CDC reports 266,900 excess deaths in the US from March 15 to Sept 5 this year.

image.png.10daada8c84854537bc6136cda503c5b.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

I still think it will bear the finding that COVID is not deadly to healthy people....

There seems to be a bit of a misconception that many tend to have, which is - while COVID is not significantly deadly in healthy people (it has killed young, perfectly healthy people, obviously as not many as seen in advanced age patients), that does not mean that it isn't dangerous to healthy people.

Look at the litany of cases of inflamed heart muscle in football players that had COVID. There's a lot of guys around the NCAA that are out for the year after having an otherwise easy bout with COVID, but they got this as a lasting issue - I'm sure it'll heal for most if not all of them but that's not guaranteed. Penn State athletics doctor cautions about COVID-related heart disease

A 34 year old female friend of mine still has spotty sense of smell and taste 3.5 months after getting over COVID. 

There's various young people that can't kick their symptoms for 3-6 months after getting rid of COVID, they're called "long-haulers."

Nobody, literally nobody has ever said "COVID is just as deadly in young people as in old." What has absolutely been said is that it's still dangerous in younger people, deadly the older you go, and a still largely unknown wildcard that we have no cure for, no vaccine for, and only general use treatments that help to heal the body but don't actually do anything to kill the virus causing the sickness.

Because of all that, it's a serious issue that affects everyone.

I'm in my 30's and in good shape, I'm not worried about a serious illness - but I don't want to be an asymptomatic carrier that goes all Typhoid Mary on everyone, nor do I want to risk getting a sickness that even if it doesn't make me very sick...I'm stuck with for 4 months. - I've still lived my life pretty similar to how it was before COVID, I go out a bit less and don't go to bars, movie theaters, or sit-down restaurants at all; if that's all I have to give up for a few more months...then I've basically given up nothing.

• Like 3

Ive just come out of the sickest 10 days of my life. I can see the light now. Im pretty healthy for my age (50's), no other issues, and IT KICKED MY ASS!!!!  Very bad virus. Among all the other shitty symptoms I had, my blood pressure spiked up to 170/100!

The fatigue is OFF THE CARTS. Taking a shower wiped me totally out.

I really got pretty concerned at one point. You go through about 7 or 8 days where you dont get any better at all. Thats when you get worried.

My wife is 9 years younger than me, in great shape, no health issues, and she's been bedridden since Monday.

Still no taste or smell at all.

I love how all these "covid experts" on here who have never had this virus try and convince the rest of the world thats it "no big deal".

Fucking idiots.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 11:35 PM, rockinl said:

Ive just come out of the sickest 10 days of my life. I can see the light now. Im pretty healthy for my age (50's), no other issues, and IT KICKED MY ASS!!!!  Very bad virus. Among all the other shitty symptoms I had, my blood pressure spiked up to 170/100!

The fatigue is OFF THE CARTS. Taking a shower wiped me totally out.

I really got pretty concerned at one point. You go through about 7 or 8 days where you dont get any better at all. Thats when you get worried.

My wife is 9 years younger than me, in great shape, no health issues, and she's been bedridden since Monday.

Still no taste or smell at all.

I love how all these "covid experts" on here who have never had this virus try and convince the rest of the world thats it "no big deal".

Fucking idiots.

Get well Rock, hope you and yours pull through unscathed with no lingering long term issues. 

Nasty virus indeed, good many healthy no preexisting folks have been knocked down.... one had a massive heart attack and almost passed. 

Prayers outbound. 

bgw

• Thanks 1