Jump to content

De La Salle vs St. John Bosco 2021


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Thanks for the kind words bro. I’m getting cautiously excited about the potential upcoming “season”. 
 

Norfleet will definitely be the power back. Kid is listed at 216 now. But he’s got some speed as well. He’s worked really hard...kept getting injured running track to increase speed. But if he’s 100%, he’ll be a able to get those tough yards when needed. He’ll get those extra yards and breakaways by being able to break tackles.
 

Greer is flat out fast. He pretty much in the mold of Garett, but supposedly a bit faster. That’s obviously great if that’s the case.

Perkins is a beast. A man boy. He’s got power and speed. Probably coulda played varsity as a frosh. He’s likely going to be the starting MLB as well. 

Zeke! I’m glad to hear that he had a great offseason. Not surprised. You could see that kid growing and getting faster as the season progresses last year. He made several big plays against SJB in the Open. Remember the 60 yards TD catch...Called back for holding though. He’s a kid that they’ll want to get the ball to. He was 6-1 180 listed last year as a soph. Looking forward to see what he looks like now. He’s also a brutal hitter. He’ll be perfect at FS. But he could be plugged in at Spartan (SS) with his size, aggressiveness, and speed. We shall see. Lots of talent.

I might fly out for the Folsom game and/or Cathedral game. Let’s se how those teams look leading up. I’d like to, but not sure I wanna fly 2700 to watch a game over at half. Cathedral is supposed to be decent I think. But I have a feeling Folsom will get crushed. 

This is Definitely Norfleet’s time to shine in the Backfield, You are right on, we haven’t seen his full potential yet because of various injuries but if he can be a power RB like To’To was a couple years ago, and Greer can be the speed back like Garrett was that same year, They will be awesome!!!....

I am really pulling for Hale this year, he may not be a 5* QB but is very talented and everything you hear about that kid is he is a 5* leader and person, really hoping he leads The Spartans Back to the Open Title....

If you make it out for either of those games Pizza at Rocco’s is on me!!... Looking forward to SDCC coming to Concord and I agree with you DLS May hang 60 on Folsom this year, that game won’t be close....🍻

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

This is Definitely Norfleet’s time to shine in the Backfield, You are right on, we haven’t seen his full potential yet because of various injuries but if he can be a power RB like To’To was a couple years ago, and Greer can be the speed back like Garrett was that same year, They will be awesome!!!....

I am really pulling for Hale this year, he may not be a 5* QB but is very talented and everything you hear about that kid is he is a 5* leader and person, really hoping he leads The Spartans Back to the Open Title....

If you make it out for either of those games Pizza at Rocco’s is on me!!... Looking forward to SDCC coming to Concord and I agree with you DLS May hang 60 on Folsom this year, that game won’t be close....🍻

I'll definitely be calling you if I get there. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 1:08 AM, Cossacks said:

 

Kiki did more with less. Negro capitalized on Long Beach Poly demise, due to coaching changes and LB schools changing transfer policy. Los Al losing Barnes and other factors probably factor in as well. Shit ebbs and flows. Negro is the right guy at the right time and has taken advantage of his situation and flourished.

I wonder if JN could replicate the success he's had with Bosco at lets say for arguments sake, Los Al? Or Carson? Or a school where you coach what you have, and operate within something resembling defined boundries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JCGIII said:

I wonder if JN could replicate the success he's had with Bosco at lets say for arguments sake, Los Al? Or Carson? Or a school where you coach what you have, and operate within something resembling defined boundries.

Los Al with open enrollment yes.(Like they had under Barnes before 2005)

 

I think poly during the open enrollment era

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Los Al with open enrollment yes.(Like they had under Barnes before 2005)

 

I think poly during the open enrollment era

 

 

Not true for this era/level of transfers.   We are seeing exponential level of transfers in today's environment.

Los Al and Poly open enrollment mainly added guys from within a 25 mile (at most) radius.  Not out of County/state like today.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not true for this era/level of transfers.   We are seeing exponential level of transfers in today's environment.

Los Al and Poly open enrollment mainly added guys from within a 25 mile (at most) radius.  Not out of County/state like today.

Poly was loaded with talent annually.  They just had piss poor offensive schemes. Bosco's kids are mainly within the same region as Poly's

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

There’s no HC in America that could replicate that success at a public. SJB, MD, SFA and IMG are on another level because of the features and benefits provided by their private status. 

This I pretty much agree with. I think each year there are a very few public’s who could play with  and beat one of the top tier teams. The thing is those teams will likely vary from year to year and can’t keep that sustained like privates can with year in and year out talent. But a school like LBP did have that talent year in and year out, but coaching, schemes etc seemed to hold them back. Right coach and enrollment boundaries back to where they were, yeah I think they could compete.

 Every 3/4 years Miami Central or a Chandler has that type of team that could go against these teams and have a shot. Hell there was a period a few years where I think Logan and CC would have been even money against these top teams and they actually showed pretty well against IMG and the Bishop. So I believe it can be done and I do like to see schools take on the challenge and push themselves.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Poly was loaded with talent annually.  They just had piss poor offensive schemes. Bosco's kids are mainly within the same region as Poly's

Poly's offense scheme was that of a pop warner team, they were just 11 really fast and quick guys on the field for 48 minutes. 

The 2014 game against Corona Centennial was televised and I remember they had close to I believe 12 kids with D-1 offers. Also remember all the viewers from Florida, Georgia, Texas kept calling Poly a street ball team because it was the first time they saw them play and Poly kept fighting and trash talking almost every play. It almost seemed like the coaches encouraged it as well. No discipline at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

This I pretty much agree with. I think each year there are a very few public’s who could play with  and beat one of the top tier teams. The thing is those teams will likely vary from year to year and can’t keep that sustained like privates can with year in and year out talent. But a school like LBP did have that talent year in and year out, but coaching, schemes etc seemed to hold them back. Right coach and enrollment boundaries back to where they were, yeah I think they could compete.

 Every 3/4 years Miami Central or a Chandler has that type of team that could go against these teams and have a shot. Hell there was a period a few years where I think Logan and CC would have been even money against these top teams and they actually showed pretty well against IMG and the Bishop. So I believe it can be done and I do like to see schools take on the challenge and push themselves.

I have seen Miami Central play and honestly their discipline and coaching is much better than Polys or Narbonne. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cossacks said:

This I pretty much agree with. I think each year there are a very few public’s who could play with  and beat one of the top tier teams. The thing is those teams will likely vary from year to year and can’t keep that sustained like privates can with year in and year out talent. But a school like LBP did have that talent year in and year out, but coaching, schemes etc seemed to hold them back. Right coach and enrollment boundaries back to where they were, yeah I think they could compete.

 Every 3/4 years Miami Central or a Chandler has that type of team that could go against these teams and have a shot. Hell there was a period a few years where I think Logan and CC would have been even money against these top teams and they actually showed pretty well against IMG and the Bishop. So I believe it can be done and I do like to see schools take on the challenge and push themselves.

The only way to beat these teams is to have a lethal passing game , and a top level defense to go with it . Cen10 in 15 demolished a top tier SJB , and in 16 came within a few seconds of beating perhaps the greatest IMG team ever. So yea , it is doable , but how many publics have that type of lethal passing attack ? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

The only way to beat these teams is to have a lethal passing game , and a top level defense to go with it . Cen10 in 15 demolished a top tier SJB , and in 16 came within a few seconds of beating perhaps the greatest IMG team ever. So yea , it is doable , but how many publics have that type of lethal passing attack ? 

Agree. Except CC did not have a top level defense (sans 08’). It was all offense. They simply outscored teams. Hell I think they beat Chandler one year and gave up like 50, but scored 56? Their wins over top teams were all still shoot outs.
 

Honesty, DLS has been the one defense / match up that has seemed to slow down CC over the years and probably has been the most impressive going against Logan’s O. Just a bad match up for them. The year they did beat DLS they did have a very good defense, but to me that was an aberration and definitely not the norm. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Agree. Except CC did not have a top level defense (sans 08’). It was all offense. They simply outscored teams. Hell I think they beat Chandler one year and gave up like 50, but scored 56? Their wins over top teams were all still shoot outs.
 

Honesty, DLS has been the one defense / match up that has seemed to slow down CC over the years and probably has been the most impressive going against Logan’s O. Just a bad match up for them. The year they did beat DLS they did have a very good defense, but to me that was an aberration and definitely not the norm. 

15 was an exception . That was a very good defense . They may have given up points ,but that was only after the games were over and they took foot off the pedal and had second string in . I think they had 7 D-1 players on that D . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...