Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Teams of both conferences are free to start and play open unaffiliated schedules

Schools competing in Maryland’s two largest private high school athletic organizations will have the option to play an open schedule this fall, The Capital has learned.

The Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association and Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland, which oversee dozens of private schools in the state, will allow member schools to play unaffiliated. There won’t be an official start date to the season since individual schools will have the ability to create their own schedules.

 

* IAAM is Women's sports

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CODBEARD changed the title to MIAA a go
13 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Good for the kids. But MIAA leadership shows again how useless they are. Basically said play if you want we are not involved. Every tough decision the MIAA commissioner punts. Tits on a bull.

Yeah true.. Dove is pretty spineless...

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Good for the kids. But MIAA leadership shows again how useless they are. Basically said play if you want we are not involved. Every tough decision the MIAA commissioner punts. Tits on a bull.

Agree. In related matters, SFA won’t be playing until Spring. The city wouldn’t approve their use of any fields. Smh. #politics 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree. In related matters, SFA won’t be playing until Spring. The city wouldn’t approve their use of any fields. Smh. #politics 

Who the hell would they be playing in the spring?  Canadian teams?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dove is basically stealing money. Too bad cause a lot of the issues he could have prevented over the years.

Cod hate to say this but Salies won’t play MIAA I know they were approached by several schools over the years and they said we are not on your level. Personally think it would be a great game for both sides. Please do what you can be great to see the game I will buy you a round if it works out!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oldballcoach said:

Dove is basically stealing money. Too bad cause a lot of the issues he could have prevented over the years.

Cod hate to say this but Salies won’t play MIAA I know they were approached by several schools over the years and they said we are not on your level. Personally think it would be a great game for both sides. Please do what you can be great to see the game I will buy you a round if it works out!

They weren't at MIAA A level a few years back during the arms race days of the MIAA lol but being that the MIAA has returned to some level of normalcy they should be able to compete. They had a good team a couple years back when Troy Reeder ( LA Rams) was going through. This year probably can't beat the top couple MIAA A teams but can at least play with them. They really don't have much choice with the public schools squeezing them out and the DIAA not backing them they are stuck with only 3 games. They need 4 games also with only 4 teams getting in the play-offs this year and the public school conferences get two of them with auto bids chances are slim they would make it in so they might as well go out and play some of the MIAA A teams.  MIAA also offers some great venues to play at IMO it's a no brainer but we will see.. Sallies does travel OOS to play but mostly Philly Catholics and Inter-AC teams. Thye did also go to Steubenville OH to play a fews back.. I think its silly for them not to want to play MIAA.. I know the Lax team has dabbled into some MIAA games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

They weren't at MIAA A level a few years back during the arms race days of the MIAA lol but being that the MIAA has returned to some level of normalcy they should be able to compete. They had a good team a couple years back when Troy Reeder ( LA Rams) was going through. This year probably can't beat the top couple MIAA A teams but can at least play with them. They really don't have much choice with the public schools squeezing them out and the DIAA not backing them they are stuck with only 3 games. They need 4 games also with only 4 teams getting in the play-offs this year and the public school conferences get two of them with auto bids chances are slim they would make it in so they might as well go out and play some of the MIAA A teams.  MIAA also offers some great venues to play at IMO it's a no brainer but we will see.. Sallies does travel OOS to play but mostly Philly Catholics and Inter-AC teams. Thye did also go to Steubenville OH to play a fews back.. I think its silly for them not to want to play MIAA.. I know the Lax team has dabbled into some MIAA games. 

That’s cool Would be good to see them play some of the Baltimore teams. It’s not a far drive it makes sense for both schools. I agree I’m just going based off of the last 23 years I know they had been reached out to a couple times but it might be the right time to get it going with everything you’re saying

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 10:08 AM, CODBEARD said:

Yeah true.. Dove is pretty spineless...

Dove is AWOL; I'm at more MIAA events than he his and I don't even live in this country full-time anymore. I've not seen Dove make an in-person appearance in over 3 years. It may be a Weekend at Bernie's situation at this point.

Side note: good money McDonogh won't play. Probably not Gilman either. Same with most of the B Conference schools. I could see Spalding, CHC and MSJ trying to work something out with the Philly Catholic League.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

Dove is AWOL; I'm at more MIAA events than he his and I don't even live in this country full-time anymore. I've not seen Dove make an in-person appearance in over 3 years. It may be a Weekend at Bernie's situation at this point.

Side note: good money McDonogh won't play. Probably not Gilman either. Same with most of the B Conference schools. I could see Spalding, CHC and MSJ trying to work something out with the Philly Catholic League.

 

My buddy JD is the Severn School AD. Your post is spot on with what I’ve been told. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The MIAA is MIA!

How about following the rules and agree to what the MIAA laid out for SFA in regards to scholarships and transfers?  How about you not calling out other MIAA teams as being racists or you idiot spokesperson calling the former HC of CHC Uncle Tom.. Just like Biff to use the current climate and try and play the race card.... How about he go away and turn the school and team back over to the Reverend and I am sure the MIAA teams would be glad to let SFA play ball with them. Poggi is the problem with MIAA ADs and coaches not the kids... Poggi is the one that twittered out how they plan to go National and play a National schedule and how when they do win a MNC the other MIAA teams could be proud and a part of it..lol

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...