Florida guys why doesn't St Thomas Aquinas play IMG?

jserralions

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not a mini year for everyone. Teams in TN, AL, TX, IN, UT, etc have already played around 7-10 games. Blame your governor. The kids on indie teams like IMG, BS, LCA, and CAI will remember this season in a positive manner for the rest of their lives. 

Come on now you know who are talking to?

Can't sell that shit to me !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

The problem for STA , is having a team like last season, and wanting to win a MNC . If you want to really win a MNC straight up, it seems, you have to go thru the likes of an IMG or SFA or MD these days . You can back door your way in like NS did two years ago , but what IMG did to DV pretty much gives credence to what most of us thought . The very Elite top tier consists of IMG . So why not play them ?

Not our fault Mater Dei lost 18 - 41.

3 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

The problem for STA , is having a team like last season, and wanting to win a MNC . If you want to really win a MNC straight up, it seems, you have to go thru the likes of an IMG or SFA or MD these days . You can back door your way in like NS did two years ago , but what IMG did to DV pretty much gives credence to what most of us thought . The very Elite top tier consists of IMG . So why not play them ?

Nailed it!!!... If you want to Play for the “Natty” you need to schedule for it and play at least 1 of those OOS “Tier 1 “ Teams!.... Our herwide you just can’t claim beating the Best “National” Competition...🍻

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

God bless but for give me my son!

Bad year GSB we all know it

I'm of the no excuses camp but for losing to Cardinal Gibbons, not looking terrible in an asterisk season.

It's hard to know how much of it is this COVID season and how much of it is 100% real but the truth is that the last two weeks might be the worst two games, back-to-back, that we've played in forever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm of the no excuses camp but for losing to Cardinal Gibbons, not looking terrible in an asterisk season.

It's hard to know how much of it is this COVID season and how much of it is 100% real but the truth is that the last two weeks might be the worst two games, back-to-back, that we've played in forever.

Nice job on contradicting yourself, I would have ignored it but you ran your mouth about something you knew nothing about so way I see this it is karma for you being a loser trashing everyone else's team when you should be worrying about yours

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Can you remind me which OOS Tier 1 team St. John Bosco played last year.

You know . They beat hands down the most impressive tier 1 team of last season in Socal final . It wasn't oos , but to the point , IMG would not be oos for STA either . Just play one of those aforementioned monsters and beat them , then STA would make there case without question . Their win at Dela last season was a really  impressive oos  win , given that Dela was very good and it is really tough place to win.  But Dela is no tier 1 team .  At least , Just schedule IMG and play for the right to be the best team in FLA . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

Just play one of those aforementioned monsters and beat them , then STA would make there case without question .

They played 2 west coast OOS teams and won both by double digits.

They didn't get a national championship because the standards were changed overnight and for the benefit of the Trinity League teams.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

They played 2 west coast OOS teams and won both by double digits.

They didn't get a national championship because the standards were changed overnight and for the benefit of the Trinity League teams.

In all honesty , Dela outplayed STA last year , except for the score, which in the end is all that matters, I know . STA is in every way a recruited up Academy type team themselves, so they should have no issues with scheduling same like teams . SJB also beat Dela , GC ( the champion of maybe the best or second best conference in country ) Dematha , and the best team in country in MD . How did  STA body of work beat that ? And to the point , all STA needs to do is schedule IMG , or SFA , MD or another tier 1 team , and win , then their case is made and no argument , like you are doing now .

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

With this upset loss, STA needs a big win vs an IMG or SFA-type team in 2021 to save face. The ballers are there. The coaching is just horrific. 

I agree. That seems to be the main issue . And you can say  that about SFA also,

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

With this upset loss, STA needs a big win vs an IMG or SFA-type team in 2021 to save face. The ballers are there. The coaching is just horrific. 

when comparing to MD

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The coaching is just horrific. 

One loss in 22 months = horrific coaching

Mater Dei averaged 4 losses a year for 15 years = still had "good" coaching

Don Bosco averaged 4 losses a year in Toal's last 5 seasons =  still had "good" coaching

Rinse, repeat for every team with the grandfathered perception of good coaching.